Trading Watkins makes little sense to Wilbon and Kornheiser

KingRex

And the diffeence is that the Patriots have an OK QB to make a move like that.

But you want to double down on Whaley's draft day blunder and pay Watkins serious cash all the while we still don't have what we need under center.

Also......we got a 2nd along with Gaines.

The 2nd rd equates to nothing at this point and time as we will have to waste another 1st or 2nd soon for a true #1 WR down the row. I'm not paying $$$$ Watkins crap nor are you? When we do get what we need under center everyone will whine we need a #1WR which we had a elite one at that who still has 10 years left in his career most likely.

There is not one single person on this board that will convince me this wasn't a boneheaded typical Bills move, Have fun with the draft picks that miss 50% of the time. Even if we do draft a good one we are too cheap or stupid to retain them as the next coaching marvel has the "NEW Plan".

I normally get very excited for a change of HC and support them fully. Screw that.......

Edited by Real McCoy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2nd rd equates to nothing at this point and time as we will have to waste another 1st or 2nd soon for a true #1 WR down the row. I'm not paying $$$$ Watkins crap nor are you? When we do get what we need under center everyone will whine we need a #1WR which we had a elite one at that who still has 10 years left in his career most likely.

There is not one single person on this board that will convince me this wasn't a boneheaded typical Bills move, Have fun with the draft picks that miss 50% of the time. Even if we do draft a good one we are to cheap or stupid to retain them as the next coaching marvel has the plan.

Then why are you still here? If I felt the way you do I wouldn't waste my time.

Sammy

Darby

6th

---for---

Mathews

Gaines

2nd

3rd

They only know who Sammy Watkins is out of the 4 players involved, I would bet on that. I doubt they could name anyone else on the roster outside of Incognito, Shady, and Tyrod. So, they're going basically on name recognition I.E. "I've heard of that guy! why would they trade him for draft picks!"

It doenst make much sense to most people other than the majority of the posters here who claim this is "tanking".

Of course the media doesnt know anything neither does espn of this guy or that guy UNLESS you are a Bills fan then you know everything.

It doenst make much sense to most people other than the majority of the posters here who claim this is "tanking".

Of course the media doesnt know anything neither does espn of this guy or that guy UNLESS you are a Bills fan then you know everything.

Pretty much sums it up.

There is not one single person on this board that will convince me this wasn't a boneheaded typical Bills move, Have fun with the draft picks that miss 50% of the time. Even if we do draft a good one we are too cheap or stupid to retain them as the next coaching marvel has the "NEW Plan".

I normally get very excited for a change of HC and support them fully. Screw that.......

There could be tons of reasons to move him... injury risk, expiring contract and reluctance to use franchise tag, wants too much money, doesn't want to play here, selfish and doesn't care about winning, diva attitude, not a hard worker, clashes with fans, clashes with media, drama etc... I've never met the guy sooooo it's hard to say what impression he left on beanie and McDermott.

Did they note that ownership is not Ralph Wilson anymore? If you don't trust your GM to find talent then Pegula might as well sell the team and let them move. Pick a lane. Either you build through the draft, or build through free agency. There is no option C.

Drafting Watkins wasn't building through the draft?

And if they don't spend the money on Watkins (or Taylor, who we'll cut when we draft our Azor Ahai QB next draft), who are they going to spend it on? Free Agents? Is that option C?

Dumping elite talent for no good reason isn't the way to build a winner in the NFL.

There could be tons of reasons to move him... injury risk, expiring contract and reluctance to use franchise tag, wants too much money, doesn't want to play here, selfish and doesn't care about winning, diva attitude, not a hard worker, clashes with fans, clashes with media, drama etc... I've never met the guy sooooo it's hard to say what impression he left on beanie and McDermott.

All good points especially the first 2 you mention. Obviously the GM thinks that the draft choices and players in return for the 2 deals make the team better over the longer haul and the GM is working with a lot more information than the rest of us and the media.

They didn't have an 'Elite' WR, they had an often injured one with the Potential/Hype that one day he could be an Elite One When Healthy. And with how often Watkins is always fighting an injury, theres no guarantee he will "have 10 years left in his career". And good for you that no one can convince you it was a good move, there are still people here who can't be convinced that the earth isn't flat, or that man has walked on the moon either

May I suggest joining some of the other and rooting for Sammy and his Rams instead? I hear they could use help filling the new LA Stadium soon.....