Still playoff caliber team if 1 thing doesn't happen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the world anyone can think our secondary is better is absolutely beyond me. The WR corps....sure. We went from horrendous to ok with many saying the rookie will lead in targets. Something is wrong with Cordy Glenn. This is a big deal. Yes....I soured on and did not want Gilmore back. But he was just paid by the best coach in football big money to be their 1A or B corner. And we have a rookie replacing him and a bunch of nobodies. Our LBs are trash and will still be unable to cover RBs and TEs. The schedule puts us against every elite QB not named Aaron Rodgers. We're going to allow 30 points a game. No way our O is keeping up. And I feel like it's by design. They want a top 5 pick. 4-12 gets you there. That's where I see us. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yup.

I can't believe playoffs are being discussed with a straight face around here. If the front office thought playoffs were in the cards, you wouldn't have seen those trades on Friday.

Please.

How in the world anyone can think our secondary is better is absolutely beyond me. The WR corps....sure. We went from horrendous to ok with many saying the rookie will lead in targets. Something is wrong with Cordy Glenn. This is a big deal. Yes....I soured on and did not want Gilmore back. But he was just paid by the best coach in football big money to be their 1A or B corner. And we have a rookie replacing him and a bunch of nobodies. Our LBs are trash and will still be unable to cover RBs and TEs. The schedule puts us against every elite QB not named Aaron Rodgers. We're going to allow 30 points a game. No way our O is keeping up. And I feel like it's by design. They want a top 5 pick. 4-12 gets you there. That's where I see us. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I think this Bills secondary has the potential to be among the worst ever. Could be totally wrong about that. As it stands right now I see teams putting up big numbers through the air this year absolutely destroying the Bills over the middle. And without a healthy Sammy on offense, I see worse production from the passing game. Something tells me that Dennison isn't the type of coach who is going to be going for the deep pass often at all. And if he doesn't, teams will stack the box. They will defend the run much better than they have and begin having more success with their pass rush against Buffalo. Could become a downright ugly season. The biggest factor I think is going to be how well the secondary performs. If they suck, these games are going to be a joke. Bills will get blown out repeatedly. I really hope this secondary and linebacking core surprises to the upside.

That 1 thing is injuries, specifically multiple injuries to one position group.. The tank talk is ridiculous imo. We were very competitive last year with no steady WR production and probably the most bi polar D in the league.

Taylor will be in a better scheme and have overall better talent around him than in the 16 season when we were 10th in scoring offense.

Watkins was a non factor last year, he was throwing to guys just signed that week in many cases. The positive to no Sammy is it will open the offenses targets up. Q,Matthews,Clay and Shady have all proven to be dangerous in the pass game. Zay , by all accounts is looking to be a major contributor to this offense. I'm just not worried, based on what this O did last year.

The biggest difference will be the D. Defenses can be a QB best friend and I am excited to see Taylor operate an offense with a defense that should actually help him for the first time in his starting career.

I agree 100%. My biggest concern is our return game. Field position is a huge factor in a ground and pound offense. We need an electrifying talent to get us in decent field position. Tate is decent but doesn't quite have the burst he used to have. Ross and everyone else hasn't proved anything during camp, and I most definitely do not want to see White back there. Hopefully we can find another guy to add to the mix after every team trims their rosters.

I think this Bills secondary has the potential to be among the worst ever. Could be totally wrong about that. As it stands right now I see teams putting up big numbers through the air this year absolutely destroying the Bills over the middle. And without a healthy Sammy on offense, I see worse production from the passing game. Something tells me that Dennison isn't the type of coach who is going to be going for the deep pass often at all. And if he doesn't, teams will stack the box. They will defend the run much better than they have and begin having more success with their pass rush against Buffalo. Could become a downright ugly season. The biggest factor I think is going to be how well the secondary performs. If they suck, these games are going to be a joke. Bills will get blown out repeatedly. I really hope this secondary and linebacking core surprises to the upside.

Seems to me they're better at safety this year. Hyde is certainly an upgrade over the guys from last year. CB we'll have to see.

Not enough depth or talent for the playoffs. We're missing a first rounder and a fourth rounder (Sammie Watkins). We're missing a second rounder (Reggie Ragland, too slow for this scheme) and and other (Koundijo) and on and on. We're missing a first and a second from our starting CBs. And on and on. But we've got one problem child DT making $100M so we can't afford to keep our good players so we should feel good, right? Not.

This team loses every season and the seasons to come in April.

Seems to me they're better at safety this year. Hyde is certainly an upgrade over the guys from last year. CB we'll have to see.

Let's see how they play as a unit. I expect them to be bad. And with Preston Brown playing MLB - other teams will be making hay all day with short passes to whoever he is responsible for. Hopefully the pass rush is good enough to force errant throws resulting in turnovers. Otherwise - look out man.

No playoff pipe dream with our pass blocking if we play like we did vs the Vikes.

Injuries is gonna be a big deal cuz our depth is weak in so many spots besides the defensive line. Weakest at OT after they cut Kuandjio. The pass blocking is terrible this year. If Glenn is out for any extended time Tyrod and any other QB we put back there is toast. I think we could skate by on DBs with McDermotts scheme but, there is no way to fix our OT situation without bringing in more talent after league wide cuts

So we're judging our pass protection based on the first pre season game in a new system? With 4/5 starting OL going into year 3 together and an offensive passing game relying on quicker routes I just don't think that is fair. Edited by JerseyBills

How in the world anyone can think our secondary is better is absolutely beyond me. The WR corps....sure. We went from horrendous to ok with many saying the rookie will lead in targets.Something is wrong with Cordy Glenn. This is a big deal. Yes....I soured on and did not want Gilmore back. But he was just paid by the best coach in football big money to be their 1A or B corner. And we have a rookie replacing him and a bunch of nobodies. Our LBs are trash and will still be unable to cover RBs and TEs. The schedule puts us against every elite QB not named Aaron Rodgers. We're going to allow 30 points a game. No way our O is keeping up. And I feel like it's by design. They want a top 5 pick. 4-12 gets you there. That's where I see us. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Talent wise our cbs were better last year, though I think White will be a stud. But overall as a group I think the front 4 and secondary will be vastly improved based on scheme change.

I went back n watched some "short cuts" with no commercials, of most our games last year and it was astonishing how out of position and clueless Gilmore and Co were, which caused huge chunks of yards in nearly every game. I don't expect that issue

We could score last year, but defense was atrocious. We couldn't cover last year, and the 200 yard games were so painful. I think corners are de-emphasized in the scheme. Not put on islands a la Rexie. I believe D Line will be meaningfully better - and with luck reminiscent of 2014. Like many teams, we did not miss the playoffs by much last year. If D is significantly improved and offense is same or slightly better (I will take three pros over one hurt star in the receiving corps), there is no reason we should not be in the hunt.

To me, it's Shady.

If he goes down, I think the Bills are in real trouble even more so than if TT is injured. We will HEAVILY rely on McCoy this season. IMO, the loss of Shady will have a bigger impact on our offenses ability to move the ball.

I agree. Shady is going to be our bell cow and a force in the pass game. Also feel we need Clay to step up and play at his potential

Let's see how they play as a unit. I expect them to be bad. And with Preston Brown playing MLB - other teams will be making hay all day with short passes to whoever he is responsible for. Hopefully the pass rush is good enough to force errant throws resulting in turnovers. Otherwise - look out man.

I think Brown played better in the 4-3 vs. the 3-4. Agree the pass rush will be key. I see a bend but don't break type approach in the back.

That 1 thing is injuries, specifically multiple injuries to one position group.. The tank talk is ridiculous imo. We were very competitive last year with no steady WR production and probably the most bi polar D in the league.

Taylor will be in a better scheme and have overall better talent around him than in the 16 season when we were 10th in scoring offense.

Watkins was a non factor last year, he was throwing to guys just signed that week in many cases. The positive to no Sammy is it will open the offenses targets up. Q,Matthews,Clay and Shady have all proven to be dangerous in the pass game. Zay , by all accounts is looking to be a major contributor to this offense. I'm just not worried, based on what this O did last year.

The biggest difference will be the D. Defenses can be a QB best friend and I am excited to see Taylor operate an offense with a defense that should actually help him for the first time in his starting career.

I'm with you on this...the Bills will be sneaky good this year.