Jordan Matthews chest injury (update: Sternum chip)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't have good hands and yet most prolific receiver in SEC history, while playing at Vanderbilt.

the author was trying way too hard. His goal was to prove that he isn't worth a mythical contract that he thinks he will want ... maybe so but it came off petty. Edited by YoloinOhio

Doesn't have good hands and yet most prolific receiver in SEC history, while playing at Vanderbilt.

He had drop issues at Vanderbilt and was known to be a body catcher. That might actually explain why he sustained a chip fracture of his sternum.

He had drop issues at Vanderbilt and was known to be a body catcher. That might actually explain why he sustained a chip fracture of his sternum.

He's had issues in the pros too...

Drop percentage by year:

2016 - 5.1%

2015 - 3.9%

2014 - 5.8%

Not good.

Eh, he's a 1-year rental. If he can play a full season and give them 800 yards and 5 TD's, it's more than they got from Sammy last year.

Is that the best you can come up with? A comparison to a hobbled Sammy who played in only eight games. Weak point Doc.

Eh, he's a 1-year rental. If he can play a full season and give them 800 yards and 5 TD's, it's more than they got from Sammy last year.

i think they are going to give him an extension. He's a perfect fit for the WCO and the culture. But he's a #2 WR at best so they are likely hoping Zay develops into a #1. This year I predict Clay will lead the team in targets.

seems like those numbers arnt too bad when comparing to the rest of the NFL

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

They're not good.

The only WRs that had a higher drop percentage on the same/higher number of targets were Brandon Marshall and Michael Crabtree.

In fact, of the 48 players that had over 100 targets in 2016, Matthews is one of only 6 with a drop percentage that high.

i think they are going to give him an extension. He's a perfect fit for the WCO and the culture. But he's a #2 WR at best so they are likely hoping Zay develops into a #1. This year I predict Clay will lead the team in targets.

Yup. Clay is one of the bigger sleeper FFB picks at TE. Nobody outside of Buffalo has any idea he will be the focal point of the passing game.

Yup. Clay is one of the bigger sleeper FFB picks at TE. Nobody outside of Buffalo has any idea he will be the focal point of the passing game.

I would agree if not for Tyrod. Regardless of system, he has not shown the ability to find Clay consistently.

Or are he and Gaines meant to score us comp picks by leaving? Do players you traded for count in the formula?