Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

Showcase that he's healthy and in the right circumstances could play good enough football to take a team to the playoffs.

Doesn't turn the football over, helps improve the run game, good TD:INT ratio, etc. He's not great but neither is Sam Bradford and he landed Philly a 1st rounder. I think a team with a good roster and a ? at QB whether it be injury or performance would give up a 2nd for Taylor if he proves he's healthy. JMO

Who other than Buffalo the past 2 years has the right system for Tyrod? IMO, Nobody wants the guy, he's not a good QB. Teams aren't going to trade for bad QB.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the situation. I remember a couple years ago the Cards were like 8-1 and then Palmer went down to a torn ACL.

No one thought Philly would get a 1st for Bradford. The Texans could have one of the best rosters in the league but are relying on Tom Savage and Watson.

Taylor's 2017 salary is low for a starting QB as well. New team would be on the hook for 7.5M IIRC (or less if pro-rated). This isn't like trying to trade Tony Romo's deal last year.

They are not getting anything major maybe a 2nd at best. Maybe. A QB traded now will take weeks to learn the offense they are goijg into.

Who other than Buffalo the past 2 years has the right system for Tyrod? IMO, Nobody wants the guy, he's not a good QB. Teams aren't going to trade for bad QB.

Nobody wanted Cutler this offseason but an injury to Tannehill and boom, he got $10M from Miami.

Denver offered Tyrod more money than the Bills when he was a FA as well.

And I said the right circumstances, not system. A team with a good-great defense and wants to improve their running game and protect the football, Taylor can do that.

They are not getting anything major maybe a 2nd at best. Maybe. A QB traded now will take weeks to learn the offense they are goijg into.

With the lack of good back-up QBs in the league, I think a team with playoff aspiration would roll the dice with Taylor. Rather than last year when the Texans, Raiders, Bengals, and Dolphins were forced to start Connor Cook, Osweiler, Matt Moore, and AJ McCarron in the playoffs.

A 2nd round pick would be significant for this franchise.

Nobody wanted Cutler this offseason but an injury to Tannehill and boom, he got $10M from Miami.

Denver offered Tyrod more money than the Bills when he was a FA as well.

And I said the right circumstances, not system. A team with a good-great defense and wants to improve their running game and protect the football, Taylor can do that.

With the lack of good back-up QBs in the league, I think a team with playoff aspiration would roll the dice with Taylor. Rather than last year when the Texans, Raiders, Bengals, and Dolphins were forced to start Connor Cook, Osweiler, Matt Moore, and AJ McCarron in the playoffs.

A 2nd round pick would be significant for this franchise.

Link?

Link?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-denver-broncos-tyrod-taylor-contract-111615

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN, it could have happened. The Broncos reportedly offered Taylor more money than the Bills did, but Taylor chose a chance to start in Buffalo over a richer contract. Clearly, it’s worked out for both the Bills and Taylor, but it’s fairly safe to say the Broncos would be grateful to have him as their backup quarterback right now.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-denver-broncos-tyrod-taylor-contract-111615

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN, it could have happened. The Broncos reportedly offered Taylor more money than the Bills did, but Taylor chose a chance to start in Buffalo over a richer contract. Clearly, it’s worked out for both the Bills and Taylor, but it’s fairly safe to say the Broncos would be grateful to have him as their backup quarterback right now.[/size]

I love it when guys bet on themselves.

Showcase? He has two years of tape. What are they gonna showcase that the league already doesnt know about him?

He will probably look worse this year, so we should trade asap.

Laughable. The Jets' DL even with the departure of Richardson is still a talented group. It's their offense that is particularly bad.

Jets win 6-3

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN, it could have happened. The Broncos reportedly offered Taylor more money than the Bills did, but Taylor chose a chance to start in Buffalo over a richer contract. Clearly, it’s worked out for both the Bills and Taylor, but it’s fairly safe to say the Broncos would be grateful to have him as their backup quarterback right now.[/size]

Geterdone!

Nice try, that was before he was a Bill in 2015. Still no proof of offers last offseason.

Actually there was a small window where the Bills didn't pick up Taylors option and Taylor renegotiated a new contract. Not sure how big that window was though.

No. Tyrod's original contract decision needed to be made by the 3rd day of the league year (March 12th). He restructured on March 8th.

I love it when guys bet on themselves.

Wouldn't betting on himself be going to Denver and duking it out with Lynch and Siemian for the QB job over having next to no competition in BUF? I get taking the lower $ amount is betting on oneself, but it seems the competition in. DEN was much greater. Maybe they told him he would have no shot to unseat Siemien , that he would backup him or Lynch.

Wouldn't betting on himself be going to Denver and duking it out with Lynch and Siemian for the QB job over having next to no competition in BUF? I get taking the lower $ amount is betting on oneself, but it seems the competition in. DEN was much greater. Maybe they told him he would have no shot to unseat Siemien , that he would backup him or Lynch.

I believe some guy named Peyton Manning was there, also...