Pats fans have it right

that's really you basis of argument? just because the bills were close in a lot of games, they were essentially a 12-4 team. this is the nfl. every year arguments can be made for the bottom dwellers. we've even tried to do it as bills fans, and how has that every worked out. come up with a better argument as to why this team is almost 12-4, and i'll listen. i have no idea why you even mentioned trump in that little tantrum.

Tantrum? You can try to devalue my take all you want but it's based on logic and real things that happened. I haven't missed a game in over 25 years of watching this team, and I know they had a chance to win each of those games late in the 4th last year because they had the ball and didn't score. All I see coming out of the pro-trade crowd is a bunch of conjecture and superficial takes on how Watkins NEVER played, was ALWAYS hurt and that we should be lucky to get anything we could for him, like a 2nd rd pick and a depth corner.

Just own that you made up your minds about this before it even happened and any real discussion on the topic is completely pointless, because you have no interest in actually questioning anything.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tantrum? You can try to devalue my take all you want but it's based on logic and real things that happened. I haven't missed a game in over 25 years of watching this team, and I know they had a chance to win each of those games late in the 4th last year because they had the ball and didn't score. All I see coming out of the pro-trade crowd is a bunch of conjecture and superficial takes on how Watkins NEVER played, was ALWAYS hurt and that we should be lucky to get anything we could for him, like a 2nd rd pick and a depth corner.

Just own that you made up your minds about this before it even happened and any real discussion on the topic is completely pointless, because you have no interest in actually questioning anything.

I'm not even acting as a pro tade advocate. At this point I'm just trying to show you how foolish it is to say this team was almost 12-4 based on being close in games. Many teams with losing records can say this, and again, we bills fans have been doing it for years. We have yet to sniff the playoffs the following year. I'm not trying to devalue your argument. It just isn't a good one.

Without having sammy, maybe the pats will actually be able to beat the bills for once! Oh wait...

You don't have any friends. I'm calling fabrications.

Nahh, they just know how to recognize wasted talent and a poorly run football team is all. I could not disagree with them either. I am tired of trying defend this team moronic moves. Somehow the shiny new rookie coach and GM will save all again for us while letting our best players leave. right....

Nahh, they just know how to recognize wasted talent and a poorly run football team is all. I could not disagree with them either. I am tired of trying defend this team moronic moves. Somehow the shiny new rookie coach and GM will save all again for us while letting our best players leave. right....

I'm actually not defending the moves either. It could go very wrong, but who know...maybe this is the chance for the team to be run the right way. We just have to watch and wait. I just refuse to stomp my feet and cry about how the world is crashing down around us. We may wind up in a better position. It can't get much worse at this point.

I read through a few pages and I noticed that the discussion didn't descend into a series of ad hominem attacks on the OP or a series of snide and sarcastic remarks.

This discussion sunk almost immediately.

Imagine them writing "who fukn cares if the bills traded, you ashole."

Followed by unfunny one liners and arguments.

Perhaps the OP is sharing the opinion of fans on forums (like us) discussing our team. This offers some context and perspective. Why not discuss it.

I found that their opinion closely mirrors the fans here. Some find it good; some not so good. It was a civilized conversation, though.

Seriously. Total noobs.

If this new staff came in and said, "you know, we think WR is the biggest deficiency on this team, so we're going to overhaul it to give us a better chance to win. We'll trade Sammy and in return we'll be able to field a complete stable of capable Wideouts". I wouldn't like it still, but I'd understand it, and it would very well be a great move.

Instead, when a staff comes in and says, we think WR, CB, S, LB, QB are the biggest deficiencies on our team so we'll just get rid of whatever we have left that has any value and start over because we know better than the half a dozen people that came before us. Forgive me for being skeptical. History says these guys will be out of jobs by the time whatever their vision was starts to show itself - not because I know they'll be awful, but because most of these guys get fired after 3-4 years.

If they knew they'd be here for 20 years like Belichick then they could go ahead and rebuild the car from the frame up, but they have no guarantee of that. You need 10% more horsepower so drop in a turbo and live with the tan cloth interior for a couple years.

Edited by BullBuchanan

I'm actually not defending the moves either. It could go very wrong, but who know...maybe this is the chance for the team to be run the right way. We just have to watch and wait. I just refuse to stomp my feet and cry about how the world is crashing down around us. We may wind up in a better position. It can't get much worse at this point.

Not happy, but not stomping my feet at all either. I'm just disappointed is all with this team and new regime, All I see is draft picks which equate to nothing at this point and time.

For the first time since becoming a fan of this team going into the season I have zero excitement at all to see what unfolds. 7-9 here we come,,,,,

What is there even be excited about or root for?

Edited by Real McCoy

Patriots fans neither understand real football or have anything to add to any discussion. Their team is historically better than any other team in the NFL because they bend the rules constantly and have a crazy combination in Brady and Bellichick. As soon as Brady leaves Billy B will too and they will go back to setting NFL records for low attendance at home games.

The Patriots are garbage, let's focus on our own team and stop talking about them all the time.

So you felt the need to start TWO of these type of threads....one was not enough?

Not happy, but not stomping my feet at all either. I'm just disappointed is all with this team and new regime, All I see is draft picks which equate to nothing at this point and time.

For the first time since becoming a fan of this team going into the season I have zero excitement at all to see what unfolds. 7-9 here we come,,,,,

What is there even be excited about or root for?

Lets just wait and see what the incoming players can do before we throw in the towel Real

There is a common thread to every move they made this offseason......to include the draft

A player that can contribute immediately

and then the draft pick

...the Pats had their era of pain under Billy Sullivan's ownership, Steve Grogan, etc.....the Bills had their era of dominance over the Fins and four straight SB trips.....Pats are on one helluva ride with great ownership, front office (despite guys like Pioli and Demitrof leaving), administration and coaching (BB is top 5 GOAT IMO)......save the "cheatriots crap" so you don't make an azz of yourself....when has Buffalo even come close to their organizational prowess since Polian left?....it's been nothing but a patchwork POS.......a meld of Abbott & Costello along with the Three Stooges.......and now Pegula opens the checkbook and a bonafide FOOTBALL ORGANIZATION begins to take shape....equal to Polian's?...maybe...better than BP?...maybe again......damn right the Pats "Have it right" but Buffalo is headed in the right direction (sure it's on paper) so far in 2017....stay tuned.......

I was reading all those posts and thinking "You guys were all Giants fans 20 years ago, weren't you?"

Thanks Brandon.

For extending the fan base across NY.

next thing ya know we'll be getting an inrush from the Jets tanking....

Edited by 3rdand12

All those fans "disappear" when the team blows.

Unfortunately that hasn't happened since 1993.

I know it's a common refrain on this board that NE fans aren't real fans who will stop watching when the team starts losing, or that the team was nothing before Belichick and Brady.

This is mostly a myth. Most of their problems came from a cash-poor owner, front-office turmoil and suburban sub-standard facilities. The team's only real down-period in historical memory was between 88 and 93, when the Bills were coming into their own as a great team. But that was an anomaly. In the 12 years between 76 (when Fairbanks' drafting started showing results) and 88 when Raymond Berry's Super Bowl team was running out of gas, they had only one losing season. In the last 41 seasons they've been below .500 in only 8 of them.

Every team's history has up and down periods, but all of you guys waiting for Gillette Stadium to be empty when Belichick and Brady leave are in for a rude awakening. The Red Sox aren't getting the town back, and Boston has simply joined almost every other city in America where football is more popular than baseball. The only other one I can think of where they love baseball more is St. Louis, and they've now lost two football teams and will likely never get another one.

If it makes you feel better to keep telling yourselves how lukewarm Pats fans are while you guys are sooooo hardcore, then knock yourself out.

Unfortunately that hasn't happened since 1993.

I know it's a common refrain on this board that NE fans aren't real fans who will stop watching when the team starts losing, or that the team was nothing before Belichick and Brady.

This is mostly a myth. Most of their problems came from a cash-poor owner, front-office turmoil and suburban sub-standard facilities. The team's only real down-period in historical memory was between 88 and 93, when the Bills were coming into their own as a great team. But that was an anomaly. In the 12 years between 76 (when Fairbanks' drafting started showing results) and 88 when Raymond Berry's Super Bowl team was running out of gas, they had only one losing season. In the last 41 seasons they've been below .500 in only 8 of them.

Every team's history has up and down periods, but all of you guys waiting for Gillette Stadium to be empty when Belichick and Brady leave are in for a rude awakening. The Red Sox aren't getting the town back, and Boston has simply joined almost every other city in America where football is more popular than baseball. The only other one I can think of where they love baseball more is St. Louis, and they've now lost two football teams and will likely never get another one.

If it makes you feel better to keep telling yourselves how lukewarm Pats fans are while you guys are sooooo hardcore, then knock yourself out.

Will do.

Darby wasn't a scheme fit.

Sammy wasn't coming back here after next season.

We got a solid and durable receiver in return and possibly another starting CB along with 2nd/3rd round picks.

If the pats made these moves they would have been seen as pure genius, but, since the bills did it we are complete losers and idiots. Plus, those so called fans seem to forget we have basically a completely new FO and they're going to do things differently than the last or they wouldn't have been hired.

It was a punch in the gut yesterday but after allowing it to digest for 24 hours I personally am okay with the moves.

Can't say I have ever have been so non excited about the beginning if the Bills season.

I will still be watching and cheering them on but they make it hard.

So far this off season we have lost our number 1 & 2 wr's, our #1 & 2 cb's our #2 rb. Pats fans are right the team will not be better.

We have cherry picked leadership from an organization that has had only 2 winning seasons of the last 8.

It's great that we have multiple high draft picks next year but I don't know if these guys can draft talent.

If I am Pegula I go with it but I firmly instruct them that an 0-16, 1-15 leads to an automatic dismissal.