Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it? Doesn't it have injury guarantees?

You don't think Sammy would have a lot of value to almost every team?

I love the Bills but the perception is we are a joke. Sammy played for crappy qbs, passing offenses, and had some unfortunate injuries. I would think most GMs would view him as the best player on the Bills when given his talent, age, & price.

Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the Watkins' trade

Would have really like the Darby trade if they kept Watkins. It might be a draw but it makes our WRs so slow.

Winner is the bar I'm going to drink away the pain of being a Bills fan. Loser, my girlfriend for having to deal with me. :)

Yeah, I really don't like what it does to the speed at WR. Matthews is best in the slot. At this point in his career, Boldin is best in the slot. Zay is also considered a slot receiver. Sounds like this may force both Matthews and Zay outside. Maybe due to poor protection, they didn't take many deep shots last night anyways

The trades had to be done. Darby was not a game changer and Watkins might have put up 80 1100 8 which is not worth and franchise tag or the contract he would want. We would've lost both players for nothing and this helps our odds of trading up and getting the guy we want for once and not settling for a QB that drops to us.

We have like none of our own drafted players as peopel keep bringing up - and beane makes a valid point saying teams are made in the draft because rookie contracts are soooo much cheaper

@buffalobills

"People forget that we just signed Boldin. This isn't a throw in the towel move. You don't know me if you think I'm throwing in the towel."

From their own Twitter account.

Good God. I loved the Boldin move when we had Sammy. Forgive me if a 37 yo wr who averaged 8 ypc as our 1 or 2 wr doesn't excite me.

Yeah, I really don't like what it does to the speed at WR. Matthews is best in the slot. At this point in his career, Boldin is best in the slot. Zay is also considered a slot receiver. Sounds like this may force both Matthews and Zay outside. Maybe due to poor protection, they didn't take many deep shots last night anyways

Good post. We basically have the same WRs.

Your wr core should look like a basketball team with guys who do different things. We have all SFs.

We have like none of our own drafted players as peopel keep bringing up - and beane makes a valid point saying teams are made in the draft because rookie contracts are soooo much cheaper

Four from the first three rounds of each year from 2005-2015.

The Bills are the NFL's farm team.

You don't think Sammy would have a lot of value to almost every team?

I love the Bills but the perception is we are a joke. Sammy played for crappy qbs, passing offenses, and had some unfortunate injuries. I would think most GMs would view him as the best player on the Bills when given his talent, age, & price.

I guess - but we're also at the point of hte season where most teams have made their rosters.

Let's go on record as to our feelings on the deals today. There are no bs in between answers either. It is a yes or a no. If you were the GM and had the exact same deals on the table would you have made the moves? We are not seperating them out either because they are tied together.

Voted - yes

Short term it stinks, but I think it is a better long term solution and I do not think the drop off is that great. Matthews may be a better fit in the RICO scheme than Watkins anyway. He just is not as talented long term.

We have no explosive wide receiver options, for a quarterback who desperately needs one. This season is a tank. And we already had good draft picks next year. Adding an extra one is only a minimal gain. And you're assuming that our draft picks will be good. We are trading a sure thing for a potential thing. Awful move.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

I know this wouldn't be easy, but if we were somehow able to take the high #2 and the #3 and somehow package them together to get a low #1, if we luck out, we could possibly draft a player one third as good as Sammy Watkins. So let's hope we can pull off that steal.

We should probably begin gathering picks the next GM, beginning in 2021. He'll need them after this GM's and the one priors picks haven't yet begun to pan out. He can use the picks now and the ones from his inevitable purge, to have the ultimate mathematical draft advantage.