McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

Trust is earned.

If this works out, they'll be here for 10+ years.

If it doesn't, we'll be looking for a new coach in 16 months.

Precisely. What reason have they given me to trust them? So no, I don't trust them. I also don't actively distrust them - yet.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I hated the idea of hiring a coach before the GM. The Pegulas, who I totally am in debt for what they have done in Buffalo, have no idea how to run a NFL franchise.

Yup.

It may pan out now.

Not necessarily totally against trading Sammy, though I loved the guy. Just don't feel like we got that much back in return.

Draft picks? Yay!?. Remember Tyrod spending some of the off-season working out with Sammy? He must feel betrayed by this.

Our starting wide receivers haven't played in a game with him yet.

The Patriots model is not sustainable for anyone that isn't Bill Belichick.

You're better off trying to emulate the Seahawks, Packers or Steelers.

I think it's more accurate to say that the Patriots model is not sustainable for any team that doesn't have Tom Brady at QB.

Belichick was a sub-.500 coach before him.

No. I hated the idea of hiring a coach before the GM. The Pegulas, who I totally am in debt for what they have done in Buffalo, have no idea how to run a NFL franchise.

And of course you do. Exactly what have they done to lose your trust? Take two years to evaluate their coach and GM and decide they weren't competent? Replacing them with two guys who actually have an idea of what they are doing? Please enlighten me since you seem to know way more about how to run an NFL franchise than they do.

I say that I admire their conviction. They must have a plan and know we are not winning Jack or shyt in the next couple of years so trade the guys that have the value now for picks to build a team through the draft the way they want. Live or die by their plan and what they want . I can respect that. Be a man and make a statement but you own that statement. I'm down.

Got to let them make their moves, bring in the players they want and see if it works out. How can you evaluate them if they kept all players hired under the previous regime. Implement the new system, bring in players to fit and see how it works out. I'll give them a little more time than 1 pre-season game before I kick them to the curb!

I think it's more accurate to say that the Patriots model is not sustainable for any team that doesn't have Tom Brady at QB.

Belichick was a sub-.500 coach before him.

Elite QB & elite coach is a tough combination to beat.

I don't think anyone can really push the whole "one would be garbage without the other" narrative anymore.

Take Brady out of the equation temporarily, they still have only one guy being coach & GM, are notoriously ruthless, have ridiculous year to year scheme changes and can convince players to give them hometown discounts frequently. The "buy in" there is insane. I just don't think you can chase their model.

WGR mentioned something about Boldin and Watkins in a somewhat animated discussion on the sidelines last night.

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is the Bills knew they had no chance at resigning Watkins, didn't want to use the franchise tag, and wanted to get something for him while we still could. Still though. The guy is elite when healthy.