• Lesean McCoy
    • Jordan Matthews
    • None of the above.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better options this year, no?

Well its clearly Sammy...he and Sammy have had good chemistry already, its just a matter of Sammy staying on the field. I think Boldin has potential to be a go to in the redzone though as he is going to almost be like running a 2 TE set down there with how he is used in the redzone.

Sammy, Anquan, Zay, Shady and Clay in that order is my guess. Holmes is next if we keep him, if not, Streater.

I left out Shady because I expect him to be more of a checkdown than a go-to target... I don't expect him and Mike Tolbert in screen packages a whole lot, but if you do, just hit "None of the Above."

Well its clearly Sammy...he and Sammy have had good chemistry already, its just a matter of Sammy staying on the field. I think Boldin has potential to be a go to in the redzone though as he is going to almost be like running a 2 TE set down there with how he is used in the redzone.

I dunno... TT has never had a WR with Boldin's versatility before... Plus, With Charles Clay AND Boldin on the field, do you need the deep ball that much? -I don't see Sammy going across the middle...

Edited by #34fan

I left out Shady because I expect him to be more of a checkdown than a go-to target... I don't expect him and Mike Tolbert in screen packages a whole lot, but if you do, just hit "None of the Above."

I dunno... TT has never had a WR with Boldin's versatility before... Plus, With Charles Clay AND Boldin on the field, do you need the deep ball that much? -I don't see Sammy going across the middle...

I view Boldin as one of the best security blanket WR's the league has ever seen, a title normally reserved for TE's.

So the poll made me think on it for a minute...

Are you suggesting that if Sammy stays healthy all year he may not lead the team in receptions and targets? I just don't see how that is possible. In his 9 game healthy(er) stretch in 2015 to end the season, he was one of the most productive WR's in the NFL (7th I believe). In the lone game where Sammy was somewhat healthy last year, he had 150+ yards and a TD with TT.

Boldin hasn't put up WR1 numbers in a while, not even with Stafford and the prolific passing offense. Again, I think Boldin could be a top target for TT in the redzone, much like how Detroit used Boldin last year...but there is just no way a healthy Sammy doesn't lead this team by a decent margin in every receiving category. In fact, a healthy Sammy will get 85+ Rec, 1300+ yards and 8+ TDs this year...and you can quote me on that at the end of the year (again, I said HEALTHY Sammy). Now if Sammy can't stay on the field, sure, I see someone like Boldin or Clay being some of his favorite targets.

Hopefully Tyrod is able to spread the ball around to whatever guy is open.

But I'm guessing that Sammy and Boldin will be the top 2 targets, with Clay and Zay mixed in there. I know that doesn't fit the poll. I'm bad at picking just one.