A Google employee's anonymous rant on diversity and bias

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I thought he made lots of good points. Didn't think it was thaaat bad.

We are in a period of massive over-correction in a lot of industries, especially the entertainment and tech industries from my experience. Rationality has no place when the industries are "fighting to right a wrong that's persisted through generations" (I had a producer tell me those words recently... when discussing casting choices).

Because history has proven convincingly that the only way to correct a wrong is to discriminate with glee until balance is restored.

:wallbash:

We are in a period of massive over-correction in a lot of industries, especially the entertainment and tech industries from my experience. Rationality has no place when the industries are "fighting to right a wrong that's persisted through generations" (I had a producer tell me those words recently... when discussing casting choices).

Because history has proven convincingly that the only way to correct a wrong is to discriminate with glee until balance is restored.

Don't tell me, it was the casting call for the female James Bond?

You're seeing it in finance as well, given the massive technology and research departments of the larger firms.

There is a steady drumbeat of social justice related internal memos and linked-in manifestos published for consumption on the internal news-reel where I currently work.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You're seeing it in finance as well, given the massive technology and research departments of the larger firms.

There is a steady drumbeat of social justice related internal memos and linked-in manifestos published for consumption on the internal news-reel where I currently work.

Wow, I had naively hoped the worst of it was restricted to California's more progressive leaning industries.

:beer:

Then we're all well and truly !@#$ed.

Well, us white people anyway.

Wow, I had naively hoped the worst of it was restricted to California's more progressive leaning industries.

:beer:

Nope. Every big firm has been adding lots and lots of productive D&I staff

I wonder if people who think that men and women are essentially the same have ever been married?

You don't even have to go that far. They've never even interacted with someone from the opposite sex. The main reason we all come back here on a regular basis to give **** to other guys we essentially hate is because there are no women here.

Smug diversity in Canada means hiring a CPA or PEng or PhD or MD from India or Hong Kong. Public schools are now delivering classes with a median of 3.8 from the excellent examples these immigrants are teaching their children.

Last year the perverse Sex Orientation program was met by them with a boycott of 95 percent of their children from school. Interesting times.

I finally read his whole "manifesto". It does indeed have a conservative bent to it, but I didn't see anything misogynist or bigoted about it. Based on the reaction he received (losing his job) and the subsequent argument both here and elsewhere, I had expected to see something much more radical and offensive than what he actually wrote.

With regard to 1st amendment issues, people need to remember that it's the government that can't silence you. Your employer most certainly can, and speaking out online can get you into trouble that you may not have considered.

Edited by Azalin

I finally read his whole "manifesto". It does indeed have a conservative bent to it, but I didn't see anything misogynist or bigoted about it. Based on the reaction he received (losing his job) and the subsequent argument both here and elsewhere, I had expected to see something much more radical and offensive than what he actually wrote.

With regard to 1st amendment issues, people need to remember that it's the government that can't silence you. Your employer most certainly can, and speaking out online can get you into trouble that you may not have considered.

Well he made his point. Smug left-coast !@#$wits don't support diversity of opinion.

http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/08/07/contra-grant-on-exaggerated-differences/

DC Tom is on record as thinking this author is an idiot but I believe some of you will like this article a lot. He makes great points.

No he doesn't. He's still a complete !@#$ing retard, who's so thoroughly lacking in any understanding of the scientific method that he may as well have a vagina.