Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Saw Rush once many many years ago. For the most part I fixated on Neil Peart, Always thought he blew away every other drummer I ever saw live. By far.

Nobody came close until I saw Gavin Harrison play with Porcupine Tree a few years ago.. Not sure if this does him justice:

Saw Rush once many many years ago. For the most part I fixated on Neil Peart, Always thought he blew away every other drummer I ever saw live. By far.

Nobody came close until I saw Gavin Harrison play with Porcupine Tree a few years ago.. Not sure if this does him justice:

This is for a mid70's mexican group with one of the coolest name bands

https://youtu.be/_mb0xL2Y2b8

Love PT! :thumbsup:

Neil Peart is a very good drummer. I don't get his god status however.

• Like (+1) 1

Neil Peart is a very good drummer. I don't get his god status however.

Not picking a fight, but who do you like more?

I always thought he approached the drums as more of a musician than others and that was only based on seeing him once....but from the third row.

Not picking a fight, but who do you like more?

I always thought he approached the drums as more of a musician than others and that was only based on seeing him once....but from the third row.

I don't rate drummers on seeing them. I rate them on listening to them. Neil created these monster sets that blew people away by their look and the amount of drums he had. So there was an almost preconceived notion that he was a drum god before he even played. Now don't get me wrong, he's great but not :worthy: . So having said that who I think are better drummers are jazz drummers (see my post #6). They blow me away. Also I will say your question is who do I like more. My answer was who was better. Two different questions. Who I like more is Kris Myers only because he's the drummer of the my favorite band....and he's a team player. :D

Oh and I do have so cred to answer this. I've been playing drums for over 40 years.

Edited by Chef Jim

I don't rate drummers on seeing them. I rate them on listening to them. Neil created these monster sets that blew people away by their look and the amount of drums he had. So there was an almost preconceived notion that he was a drum god before he even played. Now don't get me wrong, he's great but not :worthy: . So having said that who I think are better drummers are jazz drummers (see my post #6). They blow me away. Also I will say your question is who do I like more. My answer was who was better. Two different questions. Who I like more is Kris Myers only because he's the drummer of the my favorite band....and he's a team player. :D

Oh and I do have so cred to answer this. I've been playing drums for over 40 years.

I love Umphreys!!! Almost posted the Funk 49/Sweet Emotion mash up.

Totally agree on the monster drum kit comment. I have a Zappa Plays Zappa show on DVD. Joe Travers was the bands drummer and had a very basic setup. Terry Bozio was a guest and came out with this ridiculously huge setup. IMO Travers was the better drummer( or maybe the one I liked more, I get your point).

As for cred, you got me there. I took lessons and played drums in my formative years (through HS)...but honestly I was nothing special.

I love Umphreys!!! Almost posted the Funk 49/Sweet Emotion mash up.

Totally agree on the monster drum kit comment. I have a Zappa Plays Zappa show on DVD. Joe Travers was the bands drummer and had a very basic setup. Terry Bozio was a guest and came out with this ridiculously huge setup. IMO Travers was the better drummer( or maybe the one I liked more, I get your point).

As for cred, you got me there. I took lessons and played drums in my formative years (through HS)...but honestly I was nothing special.

I've seen UM maybe 10 times with the majority of them on the rail. Front row last year at Red Rocks with Zappa Plays Zappa opening. Probably best concert experience ever.