Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

@Dr. Who your spandau ballet took my mind straight to here. Funny story. In my sons 7th grade photo he wore THE CLASH London Calling t shirt and his hair was long flipped in poofy waves almost like this lead singer. I forevermore dubbed it "his flock of seagulls" hair photo

lol

The Arvo was beautiful .

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@TheCockSportif you are the second person to mention the Continental in Buffalo. My bestie was a regular there back in the day. I met him years later so I missed out on all those Great Times and music.  Back then it would have been way out of my musical comfort zone but not anymore. Yeah well I left WNY in 1977 so maybe I left before it really was jammin' I dunno.

Very well known BFLO music venue here is an article about the place being torn down. bummer.

http://blog.buffalostories.com/torn-down-tuesday-the-continental/

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, muppy said:

@TheCockSportif you are the second person to mention the Continental in Buffalo. My bestie was a regular there back in the day. I met him years later so I missed out on all those Great Times and music.  Back then it would have been way out of my musical comfort zone but not anymore. Yeah well I left WNY in 1977 so maybe I left before it really was jammin' I dunno.

Very well known BFLO music venue here is an article about the place being torn down. bummer.

http://blog.buffalostories.com/torn-down-tuesday-the-continental/

They do a reunion at the Town Ballroom every few years.  I played there with many bands over the years.  Such a great place it was; just avoid the broken stair going upstairs/downstairs and you would be all good.

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, muppy said:

this is a random fact I know to be truthful. the towne ballroom is owned by a guy who is best friends with another guy who happens to own 2  canadian rock venues. Both are Bills season ticket holders, tailgate in an airstream in the hammers Lot. I acquainted myself with jc from a prior chatroom. Uber smart man. anyway these types of conversations are bound to happen with bflo people everywhere you look. I reconnected with a high school  classmate at that same previous chat. RIP  Christopher "Vinnie" Vallese

m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CYLWZwNr_Q

• Thank you (+1) 1

@TheCockSportif reposting this was awesome TYVM yep they all look like a buncha homeys to me :-)))

lol okay so I have been told on great authority that my bestie frequented the Continental with a few of his women stripper friends LOL truth..he was like their own personal bouncer protector....just hearing people speak about the vibe of that place I understand how/why that could have happened..and in fact Did :-)) Great Times back in the day.

Edited by muppy

One of the best songs of Ringo's solo career. The studio recording was the last time three Beatles played together before Lennon's death. Here is an "all star" live version...

The song was written by Lennon. I always thought it was more about him than Ringo. Here is John's version, just discovered a couple of years ago...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

"...And we'll send you glad tidings from New York
Open up your eyes so you may see
Ask you not to read between the lines
Hope that you will come in right on time
And they'll talk to you while you're in trances
And you'll visualize not taking any chances
But meet them halfway with love, peace and persuasion
And expect them to rise for the occasion
Don't it gratify when you see it materialize
Right in front of your eyes
That surprise...

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2021 at 7:31 PM, DrW said:

The song was written by Lennon. I always thought it was more about him than Ringo. Here is John's version, just discovered a couple of years ago...

sure I’ll jump in with some obscure John (Lennon, not Baldry)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1