Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

Etta James has more talent, and more soul then the sum of the corporate pop they put out.  And she don't need no autotune.  

Same with Janis Joplin- the greatest female blues singer IMO

This Etta performance (and every other recording) is incredible!

• Like (+1) 1

For about two years I started my workday with this.   Played it as loud as my laptop could without distortion and as many as five times in a row.  Can't make up my mind what I like better, the drums or the little tweak on the guitar chords.  Just a great song.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

For about two years I started my workday with this.   Played it as loud as my laptop could without distortion and as many as five times in a row.  Can't make up my mind what I like better, the drums or the little tweak on the guitar chords.  Just a great song.

I prefer the slowed-down original version, and really like the Cowboy's Junkies' version best (probably because I heard it first but I'm not sure).

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I prefer the slowed-down original version, and really like the Cowboy's Junkies' version best (probably because I heard it first but I'm not sure).

When you become familiar with the first version you hear, it is tough to commit to a later version.  I was aware of the original Velvet Underground version and it was too slow to make that " I just have to keep playing it" list.   However when I heard the Mott the Hoople version, I loved it, and it was the standard for me since the 70's.   Then I caught this version and it is a toss up on whether I like the version I posted or the Mott the Hoople version better.  So now I just play both.  However, if number of plays picks the winner, this VU version wins.