Unworthy HOF members

We agree on this. I think he has more INT than TDs, also.

With the game being so different back then, if u look at the QB stats, each season there were like only a couple QBs with stats approaching even close to what we see now. Jack Kemp was a championship winning all star QB but he'd have like 6 TD passes and 20+ INTs.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought Steve Young was borderline. After a couple of underwhelming seasons with Tampa Bay, he sat for a few seasons behind Montana and then only had like 4 really great seasons. But I suppose if Warner is worthy with a Super Bowl win and a few great seasons, Young was also.

Agreed. One of the most overrated QB's ever. He's lucky he finally stepped up & won a Super Bowl. Other than that year, he greatly underperformed in the playoffs. Fun to watch though so I'll cut him a little slack.

Wow!

I think Steve Young earned his Hall of Fame enshrinement. I don't think he should have been a first time ballot inductee, but I have no issues with him being in.

Agreed. One of the most overrated QB's ever. He's lucky he finally stepped up & won a Super Bowl. Other than that year, he greatly underperformed in the playoffs. Fun to watch though so I'll cut him a little slack.

He threw 6 td passes in one sb and retired as the highest rated qb in nfl history by a significant margin. Some people!

Jim Kelly comes up a lot with friends who don't like the bills. Big woop, he got hammered as the pathetic AFC rep 4 times. They wouldn't have made the playoffs if they were in the NFC. I disagree, of course...

Jim Kelly comes up a lot with friends who don't like the bills. Big woop, he got hammered as the pathetic AFC rep 4 times. They wouldn't have made the playoffs if they were in the NFC. I disagree, of course...

The Bills were something like 14-2 against the NFC during the Super Bowl run and I think both losses were meaningless games at the end of the season. I think they would've easily made the playoffs in the NFC.

He threw 6 td passes in one sb and retired as the highest rated qb in nfl history by a significant margin. Some people!

Oh, that SB performance was spectacular and quite stunning. Just an explosion after all that time being compared to Joe and always coming up short. He belongs in the HOF for that game. Without that game though, I think it's a coin toss.

This makes no sense to me.

The dude was one of the most amazing running backs of his time.

After shattering NFL records, he went on to do commercials for Hertz, before finding his way into the movie world.

He created characters in movies like "The Naked Gun" that were absolutely hysterical.

He thrilled us and made us laugh over for over twenty years.

The dude has ONE bad day and you want to kick him out of Canton?

And the most idiotic comment of the decade goes to...