Cordy Glenn's Foot Issue is Improving

@SalSports

Cordy Glenn is progressing and will be doing the walk-thru. On schedule for week one. Rod Streater - still week-to-week e v a l.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be great to have him week one. But this is something that could linger all year. A foot issue in an offensive lineman is troublesome. I hope they don't force him back before the issue has been fully taken care of

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our offensive line is in trouble over the next few years. Wood is in a contract year and I will be surprised if they resign him. The following year both Richie and Miller are up on contracts. Do Beane and McD have any loyalty to these interior OL? Nope. With issues surrounding injuries (potentially long term) and question marks at RT, pair this with McCoy's age and our running game could be 100% different in two seasons.

Possible replacements? Groy is the solo in house guy and it's possible Miller plays well enough to be retained. Hopefully they can use one of those 3rd round picks on an interior OL and Cordy's foot heals up properly. In this scenario, if Dawkins can show well enough at RT, we will be okay. But it is definitely a question mark over the next few seasons IMO

After the 2018 season is an eternity in the NFL. That's 2 draft classes and free agency signing periods where they can bring in potential replacements. Is suspect Groy will be the incumbent to Wood, and it is likely Miller will be resigned. Dawkins also looks to be a part of their plan for the line going forward. Glenn could also hold down that LT position for a few more seasons.

I doubt they don't either sink money or picks into replacing any of these positions. The future of the O-line ain't as bleak as you are making it out to be.

After the 2018 season is an eternity in the NFL. That's 2 draft classes and free agency signing periods where they can bring in potential replacements. Is suspect Groy will be the incumbent to Wood, and it is likely Miller will be resigned. Dawkins also looks to be a part of their plan for the line going forward. Glenn could also hold down that LT position for a few more seasons.

I doubt they don't either sink money or picks into replacing any of these positions. The future of the O-line ain't as bleak as you are making it out to be.

Assuming we are also taking a swing at a "franchise" QB next draft, the smartest thing this franchise could do along side that in the draft is invest heavily in OLine help to support that QB. The last thing I want to see is a rookie top 5 pick QB getting destroyed because of a crap OLine. Most likely we will have more of a pocket type guy and our current line, even at its best, struggles with pocket protection right now. We should take at least one OLineman in the first or second round next year and hopefully a second in the third IMO. You will always have OLine injuries, we need to stock the stables to give our next QB the best chance possible to develop. Then go looking for real WR help for 2019 season.

Edited by Mark80

Assuming we are also taking a swing at a "franchise" QB next draft, the smartest thing this franchise could do along side that in the draft is invest heavily in OLine help to support that QB. The last thing I want to see is a rookie top 5 pick QB getting destroyed because of a crap OLine. Most likely we will have more of a pocket type guy and our current line, even at its best, struggles with pocket protection right now. We should take at least one OLineman in the first or second round next year and hopefully a second in the third IMO. You will always have OLine injuries, we need to stock the stables to give our next QB the best chance possible to develop. Then go looking for real WR help for 2019 season.

Totally agree

Agree. O-line and defense. Build a Dallas style O-line. You can find good WR's in later rounds or with cap money (since you are paying a lot of rookies on the O-line). Also need a good D to help a young QB.

Couldn't agree more. We've been "plugging holes" but not truly fixing the OL for years.

It is a wise place to invest, when investing wisely.

Couldn't agree more. We've been "plugging holes" but not truly fixing the OL for years.

What team ever "fixes" their OL? It is most definitely about putting your fingers in the dike until it's sufficient. Some teams get lucky and have a superb OL, but it never lasts.

Glenn was a 2nd round pick, Wood was a 1st, and John Miller a 3rd with Incognito being acquired via free agency. Not exactly neglecting the OL.

And Dawkins was a second. Oh, and the Bills' O-line was quite good last year. But let's keep crying about it anyway.

I said almost the exact thing in another thread. But, you're right: Build an OLine that is stout. That's key to long term success.

Thanks. Forgot to even mention him.

And kujo would've been our 6th man if not for his incident

This is one of those complaints that stems from not watching a lot of other teams regularly. No one holds down 5 spots plus depth without any weak links outside of an occasional lucky (and brief) window here and there