Why Your Team Sucks 2017

@deadspin

Why Your Team Sucks returns, with the suckiest suck team ever to suck: The Cleveland Browns.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-cleveland-browns-1797293528

Oh God, you went and hired Greggggggggggggggggggg! For real, how does this man keep finding work? Shouldnt he be coaching in Estonia or some ****? Gregg Williams is Rob Ryan without any of the charm. I hope you enjoy multiple personal foul flags and busted coverages, Cleveland. Those are the hallmarks of any Gregg Williams defense. SO INTIMIDATING. Youre beyond !@#$ed now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Yolo - this is the best series in Pre-season football.

Aside from the quote above ("Gregg Williams is Rob Ryan without any of the charm."), I thought this one summed it up perfectly:

That’s the 2017 Browns for you: a team of players they’re not even sure they want.

My wife and I are expecting our first child, and Finish Line had Browns onesies on sale, so I bought three sets, for $5 each. Good deal, right? I have never seen her lose her temper faster than when I showed them to her. I may as well have showed her baby Klan robes, she was that disgusted

lol

Quote: Somewhere there’s a Browns (read Bills) fan who talked himself into a 10-6 season this year reading this article and getting angrier and angrier. He’s prepping a post describing which Browns (read Bills) are going to suddenly emerge as stars and exactly which games in the schedule are totally winnable.

This team used to play in one of our best cities and was on the cusp of restoring its former glory. Now theyve been uprooted to a cast iron pan located in an office park, where they charge $100 for parking and field a team that you wouldnt recognize even if they handed you a !@#$ing program. They have been spiritually contracted. The league now consists of 31 teams and one ghost ship sailing off into oblivion.

In a recent podcast Malcolm Gladwell, as part of a quixotic screed against Big Country Club, introduced me to Plutarchs Paradox of Theseus, which goes like this: if while Theseus is traveling across the sea, each day a plank from his boat is replaced with a new one so that when he reaches his destination no part of his boat is the same as when he left, is he still riding the same boat?

It begs the question: why, when there is no line of continuity between this team I was cursed to root for only by the misfortune of where I was born except the ugly-ass uniforms and helmets (that they are now even changing to somehow be even uglier) they wear, so much so that the team I rooted for actually plays in !@#$ing Baltimore now, do I continue to give a ****? Its Theseus Paradox if only also Theseus boat crashed into the rocks every time he went out on it and also gave him splinters, then !@#$ed his wife and then took a dump on his rug.

:lol:

Quote: Somewhere there’s a Browns (read Bills) fan who talked himself into a 10-6 season this year reading this article and getting angrier and angrier. He’s prepping a post describing which Browns (read Bills) are going to suddenly emerge as stars and exactly which games in the schedule are totally winnable.

Then you look at our roster and go, uh oh, they are pretty talented.

our coach: Oh look! Its WIDELY RESPECTED mall dad Doug Marrone! You probably remember Marrone, seen here formulating a game plan, from the time he quit the Bills thanks to a strange contract clause that let him collect $4 million even if he opted out. Marrone was banking on getting another head job right away only to quickly discover that a coach with a 15-17 record who bailed on his team for extra cash isnt a hot commodity. Lucky for you Jags fans, the franchise(wait for it)pounced on Marrone (BOOM!), gave him a piddly-**** job coaching the line for an awful team, and then promoted him when they couldnt find anyone better to hire. Buffalos loss is now your future loss! Congrats! You should hope the Jags play as hard as Marrone played himself.

Those are both pretty funny, but I laughed out loud at the Mitch Trubisky tweet on the Bears' writeup.

Then you look at our roster and go, uh oh, they are pretty talented.

The big question is...

DOES YOUR TEAM HAVE A PROVEN ELITE QB?

I can't even pretend I'd read the Rams one if you paid me $20.