Rebuild Mode

It's pretty clear that despite fan's desires, the Bills are again in rebuild mode now. Lost more than they gained in FA. Drafted replacements largely. New everything, coaches, schemes, skill position players, etc. Don't have the QB yet although TT is very good. In the NFL, no QB, no playoffs, no media coverage, no interest outside of the local area; no great QB, no deep run in playoffs. So, what to do? Blind loyalty?

I called DTV with the intent of haggling my way to lower the cost for the umpteenth time. know what I did? cancelled the Ticket. The media thinks the Bills suck and cover the team as a suck team. Hard to watch that, although its hard to argue with the consensus. The best case this year is TT goes down, they go 4-12 and draft Sam Darnold, which anyone with a brain knows is the best case. Who wants to watch that happen? Not me. So I think a little break is in order, watch the highlight shows, etc., maybe travel to the Carolina game mainly to see friends. Thats about it.

How will you get through the rebuild??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty clear that despite fan's desires, the Bills are again in rebuild mode now. Lost more than they gained in FA. Drafted replacements largely. New everything, coaches, schemes, skill position players, etc. Don't have the QB yet although TT is very good. In the NFL, no QB, no playoffs, no media coverage, no interest outside of the local area; no great QB, no deep run in playoffs. So, what to do? Blind loyalty?

I called DTV with the intent of haggling my way to lower the cost for the umpteenth time. know what I did? cancelled the Ticket. The media thinks the Bills suck and cover the team as a suck team. Hard to watch that, although its hard to argue with the consensus. The best case this year is TT goes down, they go 4-12 and draft Sam Darnold, which anyone with a brain knows is the best case. Who wants to watch that happen? Not me. So I think a little break is in order, watch the highlight shows, etc., maybe travel to the Carolina game mainly to see friends. Thats about it.

you little debbie downers seem to be pretty plentiful around here. crying the blues and projecting failure before the season even starts. like you really know the outcome and have the need to come to a message board to share your tears.

need some cheese with that whine?

stop-whining.jpg

I really don't get why this year is the year folks are jumping off of the cliff.

We got the full front office reboot that many were pining for.

No one knows which way this is going to go.

pretty sure any thinking person knows how this season and off season is going to go.... 0-2 in the division and conference before the season even starts, no media coverage because of no media-loving 6-4 fresh faced QB with cannon arm and swag; 3-5 at the halfway point, blah blah.. its the same movie every year, but worse during a restart, which is what we have.. just saying what no one else will say, yeah I know its a "fanatic" board so I guess I'll check out for awhile. apologies for the rant.

I'll get through by watching every game and having a blast doing so

newera gets it. why do some want to be so dramatic about this season? let's just watch and see what's changed, (if anything).

pretty sure any thinking person knows how this season and off season is going to go.... 0-2 in the division and conference before the season even starts, no media coverage because of no media-loving 6-4 fresh faced QB with cannon arm and swag; 3-5 at the halfway point, blah blah.. its the same movie every year, but worse during a restart, which is what we have.. just saying what no one else will say, yeah I know its a "fanatic" board so I guess I'll check out for awhile. apologies for the rant.

boo hoo hoo hoo

You need to go to Vegas since you already know who's winning.

Bye.

I'll be here. 0-16, 6-10, the playoffs......I'm not leaving ever. I get the feeling there may be one or two others around these parts that are of like-mindedness.

I have been here since 83', If the Bills since then combined with having Stage IV cancer (Same as Jim Kellys) in 2015 didn't kill me, Im not going anywhere :-)

Folks really don't get, we aren't as talented as the fanbase thinks we are. Whaley was NOT good, Nix flat sucked, Marv on down as GM's go stunk. I feel we have FINALLY turned the corner with the next big up and comer as HC And GM's go.

I just want the Pegulas to give them 5 years no matter what. I hope its 20 years!

Will you be wearing a Derek Carr jersey, or a Carson Wentz jersey on Sundays this season?

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

You need to go to Vegas since you already know who's winning.

with 2 or maybe 3 exceptions every year, Vegas picks the 12 playoff teams on the nuts every single year. Not because Vegas is smart, its just that handicapping the NFL is pretty easy: from training camp to game day, the rules are geared towards Offense-first, top QBs, stable franchises, stable coaching, top GM leadership and did I say top 10 QBs? Got all of those, you're probably in. Missing a couple of them, you are out.

It's not the NFL, it's the N.Q.L. (Nat'l Quarterback League) The media follows only major markets and flashy QBs,when you spend 3/1/2 hours to see 22 minutes of action, and your franchise has none of the attributes that allow for playoff success or media attention, why spend the time and energy.

Maybe the new mgt. team is the answer, could be, hope so, but I'll dial back for a couple years and see if they can turn it around. I am a 40+ year Bills fan, but not sure the NFL as currently structured, provides a economic/media/market environment for 3rd tier city franchises to even approach the Super Bowl. We shall see.

I think they have sold themselves short by not addressing key depth issues.

New coaches ALL have a plan.......McDermott thinks he can get by with what he's got.........Doug/Doug/Buddy thought they could get by with Kevin Kolb and a rookie so they cut the durable Fitz and TJax and then had a playoff season undone by injuries and complete scrubs at QB.

This organization makes predictable mistakes. Got my fingers crossed but like you said........they lost key contributors and investments in Gilmore, Woods, Kujo and used virtually their entire draft to replace them with unknowns........then lost the leagues most productive ypc RB and go into camp with one of their shallowest groups of halfbacks ever. This team is going to need A LOT of luck........and with so many old players it was time for a HARD playoff push rather than a premature re-build.