USA Today....Bills are going 4-12.....

always start with falsely humble predictions when you are cheering for a team that hasn't done jack for 2 decades...

it's almost completely outside of comprehension to understand that a team hasn't done jack for 2 decades...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans would be rejoicing in the streets if this ended up being a 4-12 season, because that means they'd be in the driver's seat for either: Rosen, Allen, Falk or Darnold (if he declares).

Not me .... I'd rather see the QB we HAVE work out, rather than hope a new QB will develop. I am neither a TT fanboy or a TT detractor, I'm just a Bills fan who wants the team to succeed. I have never understood the fan who roots for failure so the team will get rid of a player they don't happen to like. To say that you KNOW a Rosen/Allen/Falk or Darnold will be better than one of the QBs currently on the roster is just plain silly.

Not me .... I'd rather see the QB we HAVE work out, rather than hope a new QB will develop. I am neither a TT fanboy or a TT detractor, I'm just a Bills fan who wants the team to succeed. I have never understood the fan who roots for failure so the team will get rid of a player they don't happen to like. To say that you KNOW a Rosen/Allen/Falk or Darnold will be better than one of the QBs currently on the roster is just plain silly.

It's called bottoming out, which the Bills really haven't done. I mean part of those great 90s teams were so great is we ended up drafting Bruce Smith 1st overall in 1985 thanks to Jim Kelly not signing when he was first drafted. Dareus was the last time the Bills had a pick in the top 3 and looked like he was going to be a difference maker until Rex installed a new defense. That or Dareus got lazy because of his new contract.

It's called bottoming out, which the Bills really haven't done. I mean part of those great 90s teams were so great is we ended up drafting Bruce Smith 1st overall in 1985 thanks to Jim Kelly not signing when he was first drafted. Dareus was the last time the Bills had a pick in the top 3 and looked like he was going to be a difference maker until Rex installed a new defense. That or Dareus got lazy because of his new contract.

His attitude changed when his brother was killed. The difference-maker for him is having a coach who can light a fire under him...or maybe just a teammate to do it.

No way the Pats go 16-0....right?

If you asked me what team could do it, I would say the Pats could do it.

His attitude changed when his brother was killed. The difference-maker for him is having a coach who can light a fire under him...or maybe just a teammate to do it.

I thought Rex had his big system and if you didn't fit in, well !@#$--you charlie.

No way the Pats go 16-0....right?

they were talking this on the sirius recently, and i understand the logic. you can easily argue they're the best team in the nfl. with that approach, every other team is the underdog and would have to upset the pats. for most great teams, they're likely to have off days, or at least make enough mistakes to lose a couple of games. the pats aren't as likely to fall in that trap. that being said, it's so difficult to win every game on the schedule.

4-12 is fine as long as the team improves over the year and TT starts showing some more skill development in the basic fundamentals of being a franchise QB.

Those two things are complete opposites. How do i see TT developing more skills in the basic fundamentals of being a franchise QB AND watch him lose 12 games? If that's the case, then the defense would have to be simply atrocious, which they're not. You're either going to see a digression or a breakthrough from TT, and that will dictate our record.

they were talking this on the sirius recently, and i understand the logic. you can easily argue they're the best team in the nfl. with that approach, every other team is the underdog and would have to upset the pats. for most great teams, they're likely to have off days, or at least make enough mistakes to lose a couple of games. the pats aren't as likely to fall in that trap. that being said, it's so difficult to win every game on the schedule.

Very difficult. There's some logic to it, but it's more fun to predict which team will beat them. At least one will.

Their offense isn't as explosive as the team that went undefeated...and Belichick isn't driven by revenge against the league like he was that year.

This, exactly.

Do they have the best chance to do it? Yes.

Is it likely? No.

Very difficult. There's some logic to it, but it's more fun to predict which team will beat them. At least one will.

Their offense isn't as explosive as the team that went undefeated...and Belichick isn't driven by revenge against the league like he was that year.

This, exactly.

Do they have the best chance to do it? Yes.

Is it likely? No.

agreed and agreed.

Those two things are complete opposites. How do i see TT developing more skills in the basic fundamentals of being a franchise QB AND watch him lose 12 games? If that's the case, then the defense would have to be simply atrocious, which they're not. You're either going to see a digression or a breakthrough from TT, and that will dictate our record.

It takes a slow upward swing through the season in his development, I have full confidence this will happen, but it had BETTER HAPPEN....

And a QB growing into a real franchise man doesn't lead to wins every time...

A few games each year are decided by how a ball bounces on a fumble, or something even more random.