Loudest Bills game ever?

Just wait until we finally clich a playoff spot at New Era, I can't even imagine what that's going to be like especially after how crazy it was in 2011 when we finally beat New England. To me that game almost felt like a playoff atmosphere and that was only game 3 of the regular season!

We won't be able to hear the crowd over that damn train horn.

I was at the 2011 Pats* game. I honestly can't remember if it was incredibly loud or utterly silent. I think it was patches of both, honestly. The lingering memory I do have from that game was the majority of the stands not emptying after the game. Everyone took their time absorbing what had actually transpired on the field that day.

I was at the 2011 Pats* game. I honestly can't remember if it was incredibly loud or utterly silent. I think it was patches of both, honestly. The lingering memory I do have from that game was the majority of the stands not emptying after the game. Everyone took their time absorbing what had actually transpired on the field that day.

was quiet as could be before that field goal

The loudest I remember was the game in 88 when Fred Smerlas blocked the Jets field goal propelling the Bills to their first AFC East championship in 8 years.

This was the game where Van Miller coined the term fandemoniem and we tore down the field goal posts. Fantastic game.

I can still find myself, my brother and my dad in our yellow rain slickers in that poster.

The loudest i can recall the stadium is when the Raiders had to call a timeout during the Bills' first drive in the '90 AFC Championship game.

Edited by Philly McButterpants

I can still find myself, my brother and my dad in our yellow rain slickers in that poster.

The loudest i can recall the stadium is when the Raiders had to call a timeout during the Bills' first drive in the '90 AFC Championship game.

This x1000. If there was ever a day the 12th man brought it, it was that Sunday. Weird though. The 1st half was louder than a jet engine. The 2nd half found a lot of us stumbling around, glasseyed and awe struck "Can you believe we're going to the Super Bowl?" The lot afterwards was a scene you wouldn't believe.

Loudest and all around most enjoyable "crowd noise" moment for me was the end of the Packers game a few years back. Just before the last Packers snap it seemed as loud as it normally is during a play, and Rodgers had to check the line coverage basically at the center because of the noise. Then of course the play itself unfolded and it somehow got even louder when Mario (i think) strip sacked Rodgers and the ball went into the end zone. Our season tickets were in section 137 that year so I was pretty close to the play and I just remember everyone banging the hell out of the aluminum bleachers, especially nearby in the end zone seating. I think you may get a louder peak but shorter duration noise when something big happens (like the TD at the Panthers game) but this was before and during a play, one that ended in a sack and I like to think the crowd helped.

Just because they haven't been mentioned and not that I disagree with some of those already discussed:

1980 opener against Miami. I was not there but remember watching and hearing about it.

The game we ended up losing to Denver with the crazy Reed option pass thing. During the game and on the long field goal at the end it was loud.

The comeback against the Colts when we were just starting to get crappy. I think Antowain Smith had a big game.

Guys, when you use the word "ever" you can't restrict it to games in this century. The loudest I ever attended was the 1974 opening game, the Monday night game where we came back in the last two minutes to beat Oakland. Close to that was the opener in 1980 when we finally squished the fish. I wasn't at theConeback game but I imagine that was right up there.

Remember that back in the day they had just over an 80k capacity so you had more fans screaming then than you do the last few years.

I was at this game. Rashad caught both 4th quarter TD's right in front of me. Still. there were times in this game -and every game mentioned in this thread when the house went silent -like when Art Thoms rambled in to score with a fumble recovery. Snake still led the Raiders to a FG attempt with time running out. Blanda missed wide right.

i would agree with everyone on here, but would also add that the Denver regular season game in the early nineties, cant remember whether 90 or 91, when Bennett turned the game around with an int, then leonard Smith either intercepted or forced a fumble on the next possession.. seemed awfully loud.

Again, the place was a graveyard as they attempted to kick a FG. Odoms swept in from the right side, blocked it and Biscuit raced 80 yards for a TD. I LOST IT!! The 77 Second miracle!

Since 1988 I have been to probably 160 home games. The loudest in my humble opinion were the 1992 AFC championship game as mentioned by the op, there was a game either 1997-1998 against Miami where it was unbelievably loud. Miami got out to a lead, Moulds went off, Flutie had a great day. Jimmy Johnson complained about the crowd noise after the game saying it was the loudest he has ever heard a stadium. I believe it was Flute's first year here & then of course the Monday night Dallas game was off the hook, perfect storm, Columbus day weekend, first Monday night game at home in year, Cowboys in town, temps that day were in the low 80s, everything came together that night except of course a win.

I think that's the first time I ever blew out of my voice, if it's the right game. Johnson went for 4th down in his own territory and the crowd went nuts. That was unheard of then and just seemed like the most arrogant thing for the most arrogant guy to do...............My voice has never been the same.

For me it was the 1990 AFC championship vs. the Raiders. The crowd was cheering throughout the National Anthem (remember we had just gone to war and as of the day before, playing the game due to security concerns was in doubt). The first quarter was bedlam and when Talley ran the back the pick six, we knew we were SB bound. I don't think anyone sat down the whole time.

This x1000. If there was ever a day the 12th man brought it, it was that Sunday. Weird though. The 1st half was louder than a jet engine. The 2nd half found a lot of us stumbling around, glasseyed and awe struck "Can you believe we're going to the Super Bowl?" The lot afterwards was a scene you wouldn't believe.

I was just a kid back then, if I had the power to go back and experience anything from that era it would be the feeling of after that Raiders game or I guess I should say during because we pretty much knew early on we were Super Bowl bound

For me it was the 1990 AFC championship vs. the Raiders. The crowd was cheering throughout the National Anthem (remember we had just gone to war and as of the day before, playing the game due to security concerns was in doubt). The first quarter was bedlam and when Talley ran the back the pick six, we knew we were SB bound. I don't think anyone sat down the whole time.

The crowd wasn't cheering during the national anthem. They were singing it at the top of their lungs - and out of nowhere came tons of flags...............It was the most stirring thing I've ever seen and I have never been able to see more than 3 second of so clips of it since I was there. I've always wanted to see that again.

The loudest I remember was the game in 88 when Fred Smerlas blocked the Jets field goal propelling the Bills to their first AFC East championship in 8 years.

This was the game where Van Miller coined the term fandemoniem and we tore down the field goal posts. Fantastic game.

This was my first game and I remember it as the loudest although I was only 8 and probably a bit in shock.

This was definitely up there also.

Even though many people left the comeback game, the fans remaining used the seats and backs to bang on as well as their voices. I remember my arms being very sore the next day and being hoarse after the game for a day or more. If not the loudest at least close. Definitely longest duration of noise. Also remember the Fins game and the Jets to clinch. Teams of the mid 60's, a few of the 80's and of course the early 90's much louder with honorable mention to the Dallas game of recent time. Unfortunately too many laid back fans today takes away the enjoyment of the experience for me. It reminds me of a Sabres game. People chatting with their neighbors or going to the concession stand, not really involved with the game.

I'll concur with Dallas Monday Night game in '07. I've probably been to 75-80 games at the Ralph in my life. That was definitely the loudest, not even close.... but I haven't been to a game at RWS since '10.