Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get chewed for this and I know we don't have quality dept at WR , but does anyone else thinks that this deal got done because of Sammys leaving the practice yeasterday ? I know Sammy did come back to finish the practice

Not yesterday directly but I think Sammy is almost entirely the reason they signed him.

I want to Billlieve! I truly do but after so many years of Terrel Owens, Super Mario, Percy Harvin and you can toss in Vince Young, Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart please forgive me if I withhold judgment until I see Boldin makes plays in the Regular Season.

I guess I'm starting to feel like an abused child that thinks every new adult is really just out to do them harm. My trust quotient is at an all time low!

Go Bills

Thought his rights still belong to the Lions? Think he retired with a few years left on his contract.

This is correct. If Megatron unretired, he would still be under contract with the Lions; any team that wanted him would have to pony up some draft picks for his services.

He's a rich man's Robert Woods.

They both are top 10 run blockers, at this point in their careers Woods is the better player. Woods was open on a lot of plays, Taylor didn't throw you the ball unless you were wide open. If Woods went to the Packers or the Lions he would've put up 80 1100 8 easy. I still think he will get close to those numbers even being on the Rams.

They both are top 10 run blockers, at this point in their careers Woods is the better player. Woods was open on a lot of plays, Taylor didn't throw you the ball unless you were wide open. If Woods went to the Packers or the Lions he would've put up 80 1100 8 easy. I still think he will get close to those numbers even being on the Rams.

Apples and oranges.

Zay Jones is Woods replacement..........hopefully he proves more dynamic as a receiver than Bob Woods.........who is really just an intermediate route runner in the NFL.

Sure....

Buy one half gallon of Bourbon(of your choice) , drink.

Stir in memories of what you said.

Feel free to season to taste.

Enjoy the Crow

Guess i will acquiring a taste for Bourbon as well.

I felt strongly this attempt was over with weeks ago. Even with Beane mentioning him last week. < I believe? )

Color me delighted.

Considering my Crow seasonings currently. And will be glad of it. :sick:

Go Anquan Boldin! Go Bills !

Anybody got a good recipe for Crow?

Cooking with Crow Meat: A Recipe for "Blackbird" Pie

INGREDIENTS

1/2 to 3/4 pound hard cider brined crow breast meat (brine recipe here)

1 Honeycrisp apple, or similar variety

2 Yukon Gold potatoes

1 cup whole mushrooms (any kind you like)

1 bunch rainbow carrots (available at farmers markets or Trader Joe’s)

1 cup sugar snap peas

10 fluid ounces of hard cider

2 cups chicken stock

1 leek

1 small bunch fresh, flatleaf parsley

12 sprigs fresh thyme

1 egg

Butter or bacon grease

Salt

Flour

2 prepared or homemade piecrusts

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/cast-iron-chef/cooking-crow-meat-recipe-blackbird-pie#page-4

Edited by Limeaid

stay classy Jeff

....smart signing at a reasonable number....many have said here that TT lacked a dependable receiving corp due to injuries/inexperience.....Dennison now has a cadre of receiving weapons to design an offense geared to TT...Boldin's experience here now give him better assessment as to whether TT is the long term answer......a "make it or break it" year.......and if he isn't the answer, two 1sts in 2018 and the potential for the Peterman kid may just intrigue Boldin to sign for another year if he produces and stays healthy in 2017....just a thought............

Not bad Old Time

Let's not overreact to the Boldin signing. He's a nice 1 year, low risk, veteran depth signing. If he has nothing left in the tank, his salary isn't prohibitive and he is a veteran presence in the locker room and on the sideline. If he has a little bit left, even better. He can help make a few first downs and catch some balls in the red zone. No need for major excitement nor for alarm about the direction of the franchise.

Let's not overreact to the Boldin signing. He's a nice 1 year, low risk, veteran depth signing. If he has nothing left in the tank, his salary isn't prohibitive and he is a veteran presence in the locker room and on the sideline. If he has a little bit left, even better. He can help make a few first downs and catch some balls in the red zone. No need for major excitement nor for alarm about the direction of the franchise.

No reason to think he has nothing left after a very productive 2016 as the slot receiver in Detroit.