Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

How do you know Boldin even wanted to sign here? How do you know what he was asking for, money wise? We don't know that there are no other suitors for him, either. We don't even know if he passed his physical...

All the reports I seen said that his first choice is to sign in Detroit still, and IIRC I believe I also seen something about if not that he wanted to play somewhere down south (FL I believe). I also believe I read something about how he was waiting until closer to training camp to sign, in order to be able to skip a lot of the offseason workouts and OTA's etc. (but I'm not sure on that).

This could have just been one of those visits his agent set up in order to drum up interest for Boldin or put pressure on Detroit (or some other team they've had talks with).

The signing could still happen yet anyway. All I'm saying is that we know absolutely nothing of the situation, or how the visit went or if he/they felt he was a fit etc etc etc. so to put this as a negative against Beane is a stretch IMO.

Like I said in my other post, there's still plenty of time yet to add a WR before the season, and it clearly looks like that's something the Bills will try to do. I like that they're not willing to just throw money away though. It's not like we are 1 veteran WR away from being a contender. This is likely a transition year, as the new staff installs all the new schemes and figures out which players fit the new regime.

Unused cap space rolls over, too. With some of the bloated contracts the Bills have, and their place in the standings, they're not in a position to just arbitrarily spend to the cap.

I doubt he has many suiters at this point. If he does, then we lose out again. That has to change.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he has many suiters at this point. If he does, then we lose out again. That has to change.

He may not, but he also may be willing to be patient and wait for the opportunity he wants. Hopefully that ends up being Buffalo, but if it doesn't I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'd love the Bills to sign him though.

And I hope that Buffalo eventually becomes a destination. Winning is likely the way to change that though, other than overpaying which the new regime has said they don't intend to do. They want to build through the draft and retain their homegrown talent. I like the sound of that, as long as we draft well (which I have high hopes of, with this new front office staff).

The Bills have averaged 7.5 wins over the past four seasons -- with crappy coaching. I think we can reasonably assume this is a 6-9 win team before even considering the new coaching staff.

I actually think that's the average for the past 17 seasons, to be honest. I tallied them up for another thread awhile ago and I'm pretty sure it was around 7.

Please don't take like I'm being snarky because I'm not trying to be....but it seems you feel the Bills need to have a 100% sign rate with free agents who visit.

We signed several free agents this offseason....just not all of them.

:thumbsup: i agree .. just wonder what happens when it comes to WR :D

you're a trip. he hasn't been here what, a few months and you, the negative nancy of them all, is not impressed so far.

I'm so negative that I support Tyrod Taylor more than most of the posters, including you. 7-9 is the most negative-better wake up my friend.

The obligatory set the market up visit!?

I agree. Not impressed with the new GM so far.

No offense but you sound like a Whaley fan, the new GM came after the draft, what do you expect him to accomplish in the short time he 's been the GM? Make the the Bills a Super Bowl winner in just a few months? Boldin is what 35/36 years old, we haven't had a training camp yet. Let's see what happens the next three years before claiming the GM is not doing a good job.

No offense but you sound like a Whaley fan, the new GM came after the draft, what do you expect him to accomplish in the short time he 's been the GM? Make the the Bills a Super Bowl winner in just a few months? Boldin is what 35/36 years old, we haven't had a training camp yet. Let's see what happens the next three years before claiming the GM is not doing a good job.

I'm far from being a Whaley fan.

I'm so negative that I support Tyrod Taylor more than most of the posters, including you. 7-9 is the most negative-better wake up my friend.

UpstateSammyC‏ @WINALLDAYMAN 24m24 minutes ago

More

Replying to @SalSports @BillsOpinions

The obligatory set the market up visit!?

So you're not negative because you support Tyrod?

JM....I've seen you post on two boards and you are probably top 5 for negativity.

I agree. Not impressed with the new GM so far.

....and Beane said THE SAME about YOU.....that's why he's the Big Dawg and you're stuck here with your GM resume' in hand waiting for "the call (COUGH)"......good Lord, it's only Monday and the show is on.......

....and Beane said THE SAME about YOU.....that's why he's the Big Dawg and you're stuck here with your GM resume' in hand waiting for "the call (COUGH)"......good Lord, it's only Monday and the show is on.......

lol.... otag!

Whaley would have sealed this no problem.

Just like he did Reggie Bush. I love how posters are flaming the new GM for taking a look at Boldin and not overwhelming a 37? year old receiver with anything more than the veteran minimum. Let's at least see Boldin make another roster this season before everyone hammers Beaner.

So you're not negative because you support Tyrod?

JM....I've seen you post on two boards and you are probably top 5 for negativity.

And sadly, what have the results been. A whole new coaching staff and GM. I think I may have been on to something. I think I look better supporting TT who is not terrible, like you and others seem to think, then those who keep supporting OBD on every decision they make. And I have said the Pegulas are 24-24 with the Bills. Not terrible, but needs better. I liked the draft,as I stated that night, but i don't like what happened today. It's ok to think and see the good and the bad.

Just like he did Reggie Bush. I love how posters are flaming the new GM for taking a look at Boldin and not overwhelming a 37? year old receiver with anything more than the veteran minimum. Let's at least see Boldin make another roster this season before everyone hammers Beaner.

To be fair, Boldin situation is not a Reggie Bush situation. Far from it. Boldin has something left that can help a roster.

We'll see. Frankly I haven't been impressed with any part of the new regime. Still trading up in the draft, still bringing in players we need with the cap space to sign them and letting them get away. And it's not like they were building something incredible in Carolina. I can't for the life of me figure out what impressed the Pegulas so much that they handed over complete control right away.

Are you saying that you did not care for the Bills drafting both Zay Jones & Dion Dawkins?

And sadly, what have the results been. A whole new coaching staff and GM. I think I may have been on to something. I think I look better supporting TT who is not terrible, like you and others seem to think, then those who keep supporting OBD on every decision they make. And I have said the Pegulas are 24-24 with the Bills. Not terrible, but needs better. I liked the draft,as I stated that night, but i don't like what happened today. It's ok to think and see the good and the bad.

To be fair, Boldin situation is not a Reggie Bush situation. Far from it. Boldin has something left that can help a roster.

Legs go quick, I agree his attitude would be a welcome addition to the WR meetings but I don't find it far fetched that a big bodied WR can drastically fall apart at that age.

Want a perfect example. Reggie Wayne put up 12.2 YPC and 779 yards in 2014. He didn't even finish TC the next season for the Pats if I remember correctly. He is almost 39 now so that would make his 2014 and 2015 timeframes the same age as Boldin. I don't think anyone is going to argue that Reggie avoided contact much more than Boldin and preserved his body.

Let's face it this Boldin move is two years too late and he wouldn't be much more than a tutor for the youngsters here.

I am glad they are taking a look at these 4 players.

What becomes of it doesn't really affect my attitude overall. It's a long term process Beane has implied.

BTW i have the patience of a Saint. Not No Saints patience though !

@gillpro11
@Bulldogwgr Anquin Boldin was at New Era Cap world headquarters on Delaware Avenue today wearing Bills gear.
https://twitter.com/gilpro11/status/889609874107138048

why mess with our pointy little heads with this stuff Yolo !!

pot stirrer !!!

At this point in FA, you know what the guy wants financially. You know what you want his role to be. If it isn't a fit for whatever reason, isn't that something you find out before they come in? Like over the phone?

Why bring in someone like Anquan Boldin just to let him walk out the door?

Perhaps he was using Buffalo for fishing but I guess that did not occur to you "Forever".

Legs go quick, I agree his attitude would be a welcome addition to the WR meetings but I don't find it far fetched that a big bodied WR can drastically fall apart at that age.

Want a perfect example. Reggie Wayne put up 12.2 YPC and 779 yards in 2014. He didn't even finish TC the next season for the Pats if I remember correctly. He is almost 39 now so that would make his 2014 and 2015 timeframes the same age as Boldin. I don't think anyone is going to argue that Reggie avoided contact much more than Boldin and preserved his body.

Let's face it this Boldin move is two years too late and he wouldn't be much more than a tutor for the youngsters here.

and thats why they work him out. I will trust the process