Have you ever rooted for the Pats to win a SuperBowl?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly in 2001 I did versus the Rams because they were the underdogs. I regret it now.

Same here.

I pull for pats* injuries every Sunday.

We all secretly hope for another Brady knee injury, the Skycam to crash onto Belicheat, or whatever nobody WR they just signed who plays like a pro bowler to get struck by lightning as he get comically wide open again.

Hell, I've hoped Patty the Patriot trips over the sideline or those dudes with the muskets backfire into their face

I've never wished prosperity on any AFCE division rival. Heck, I even disliked the Colts when they were in the division.

This, and only this.

It's worse when your brothers and Step-Father are all hardcore Giants fans. When I hear "don't worry will take care of the Pats for you." It turns into a drunken master parody.

I had similar experiences with some of my friends. I heard a lot of obnoxious comments like "Sucks to be a Bills fan, those guys are pathetic. Why don't you root for the Giants with me?"

The Giants SuperBowls I didn't root for the Patriots but I wouldn't have been upset if they won. Yeah a lot of them in the NY/NJ Metro Area can be quite obnoxious (Giants fans).

Giants fans seem to think they have one of the great Super Bowl era franchises. I understand that wins are wins, but they fail to understand how lucky they are. The Giants won three Super Bowls they had no business winning.

Yep. I love watching them play all year, every year, actually. I don't root for them unless I think they should win AND it's after the Bills are already eliminated.

When it comes to post-season in NFL and MLB - for me, I want the team who deserves to win the most, to win. I root for the best two teams to make it to the championship game/series, then root for the team who I think deserves to be crowned as the best.

If it happens to be the Pats*, then so be it.

Ok- so you're above the fray.

Did you root for the Dolphins in their perfect season too?

Ok- so you're above the fray.

Did you root for the Dolphins in their perfect season too?

I was one.

And I can't stand Don Shula, so if I was old enough, I would not have rooted for them.

What is this fray of which you speak?

I was once a patriots fan. Before Billchieck

say 2 hail mary's and an act of contrition.

You are forgiven.

I was one.

And I can't stand Don Shula, so if I was old enough, I would not have rooted for them.

What is this fray of which you speak?

It takes a special person to do what you do.

say 2 hail mary's and an act of contrition.

You are forgiven.

It takes a special person to do what you do.

I'm a fan of the Bills first; a fan of the game second.

When the Bills are out of it, I'm left to root for the best football possible that I can watch. For the past 16 years, that has included the Patriots*, and I don't mind.

Admittedly in 2001 I did versus the Rams because they were the underdogs. I regret it now.

Ditto. I was also tired of Kurt Warner and his whole "God assembled this team for a reason" thing.

Same here and I don't regret it. We just went through 9-11 and they were a symbol. This was before all the "gates" etc, their first superbowl.

I hate everything that the Patriots are, from Kraft down to the beer vendors.

Thing is, Patriots really sucked at one point. and no one cared about them.

Once Kraft took over the reins of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, I too shunned the Evil beings.

Hail Mary ..

blessed are..

I command you to leave this earth Demons

By the power of