NBA 2017-18

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

When he got the rebound to give him the triple double the entire Sixers team converged on him during the whistle stoppage(foul), this team is fun to watch and they seem to be all in together.  Granted last night I think Milwaukee tanked for seeding, but 16 straight to go into the playoffs, past week without Joel, couple games without Dario and JJ.  This team could make some serious noise in the early rounds.

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

When he got the rebound to give him the triple double the entire Sixers team converged on him during the whistle stoppage(foul), this team is fun to watch and they seem to be all in together.  Granted last night I think Milwaukee tanked for seeding, but 16 straight to go into the playoffs, past week without Joel, couple games without Dario and JJ.  This team could make some serious noise in the early rounds.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the intensity of playoff basketball.

I think they are young enough and cohesive enough to play it really cool.  Their coach is a Pop protege so i am sure he's brought that preparedness to this young group

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the intensity of playoff basketball.

21 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Enjoy the NBA nhl playoffs boys. We enter the true doldrums of sports afterwards. Luckily there's a World Cup.. but I may boycott if there's no USMNT

Gee I hope you get your wish for the USMNT to be there.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:29 AM, Commonsense said:

It will be fun to watch Rozier and Morris try and lead the rookies past a few teams. Hopefully Kyrie and Hayward are a full go next fall.

With Hayward and Kyrie? I think the C's would have been favored but I could see Lebron winning it. I'm not excited either but I will still watch. The kids play hard.

I think they could have beaten with Cavs with both Hayward and Kyrie. But Hayward was never really there so I’m just going on the team they had with Kyrie and I don’t think they win a 7 game series. I love their young players though, I said I wasn’t excited for the playoffs but I kind of am. 

18 hours ago, row_33 said:

East true rankings?

1st:  Cavs if LeBron cares enough

2nd: Sixers if Embiid can play a game without needing 5 off

3rd: The unproven and much maligned softies in Toronto

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they could have beaten with Cavs with both Hayward and Kyrie. But Hayward was never really there so I’m just going on the team they had with Kyrie and I don’t think they win a 7 game series. I love their young players though, I said I wasn’t excited for the playoffs but I kind of am. 

I won't believe anyone can beat the Cavs and more specifically LeBron in the East until someone does it.  I know it will eventually happen but until I see it I won't expect it.  

Year in recap for me:

LeBron is so good people take him for granted.  He was an animal this year and yet Harden will easily win MVP.

Westbrook went back to back averaging a triple double!  That is insane!  I don't care if his team gives him easy rebounds.  That is a heck of an accomplishment and unprecedented.  Yet Harden will win MVP easily.

Harden after being a disrespected superstar (in my eyes) finally got a running mate on his talent level and it showed.

Warriors backslid a bit but I wouldn't be alarmed.  They are in that mode we see (like Kobe/Shaq Lakers) where they think they can just turn it on in the playoffs.

As a Lakers fan I was really happy with the development of Randle and Ingram.  I could finally watch them this year and not expect a loss!  I was pleasantly surprised with Kuzma and Randle.  I'm really excited for the offseason for once.

Speaking of coaching Popovich is fantastic and tough to argue with as the best but Brad Stevens is right there with him.  I hate the Celtics but the league is better when they are good.  Will be interesting how far he can drag this injured bunch.

Sorry Toronto.  I still don't buy you as a serious contender.  

That said these playoff matchups are fantastic.  Spurs/Warriors, Timberwolves/Rockets (sorry I'm a Thibs lover), Bucks/Celtics, Wizards/Raptors all have me excited.  However the Pelicans and Blazers series is the one I am most looking forward to.  Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard going head to head?!  Can't Wait!

thanks Section, we have chosen our names here from seat locations???

I usually provide ballast to sports arguments going too far, as in providing another side to "the Leafs should take the Bruins in 5 at most"...

Most fans in Toronto I talk to don't believe the Raps can get by LeBron until they actually do it, this will be 5 years of walking tall in the regular season and wussing out in the playoffs.

It's sort of a wide open season, injuries and stars realizing there's no point in caring about the regular season unless they are ordered to on Christmas Day has provided mystery for the postseason.

I will be watching...

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

thanks Section, we have chosen our names here from seat locations???

I will be watching...

I did and strangely enough I was row 32 section 122 :beer:

I don't have too many friends that keep up with the NBA anymore.  For most of them basketball ended when March Madness did.  NBA Playoffs are one of my favorite sporting events of the year.  As you alluded to all year, there is no question that they care and will put forth maximum effort.  A motivated LeBron is a beautiful thing.  I'm interested to see how Harden and really moreso CP3 handles the expectations of being the top seed.  I'm expecting Warriors Cavs again but we shall see!

Just bought my tickets for Game 3 of the Wizards-Raptors series...and what ya know, I am in the front row!!!:lol:

Wizards playoff games are insanely cheap if you are willing to sit up top..and if I am up top I like the last row so I can stand. Just bought 4 tickets for under $180. And yep, the very last row in the joint!!!!

Hopefully game will put the Zards up 3-0!!!!

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just bought my tickets for Game 3 of the Wizards-Raptors series...and what ya know, I am in the front row!!!:lol:

Wizards playoff games are insanely cheap if you are willing to sit up top..and if I am up top I like the last row so I can stand. Just bought 4 tickets for under $180. And yep, the very last row in the joint!!!!

Hopefully game will put the Zards up 3-0!!!!

Stubhub wanted $120 US for a seat at the top  of the nosebleeds for the Wiz/Raps game tomorroW

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

What are you getting at, they didn't qualify. And I'm PO'd about it, did you not want team USA at the world cup? Blasphemy

Im a Canadian (cheering for my ancestral England)

i have barely a tenth of the hope that you do for getting your country to the World Cup, Canada get hammered by countries we send UNICEF pennies to.

Edited by row_33

I remember one team that won a championship way ahead of their time with a 6-9 + rookie point guard........

the 80 LA Lakers. Even though they had Jabbar and Nixon, plus a few others.

Can the 2018 Sixers be another champion way before their time?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Those were the days with the Sixers providing great egos and dunks and theatrics and amazing chokes in the playoffs, 1977 to 1982

Until they got Moses.

I don't remember if they traded for him or if they signed him as a FA.

Plus the Sixers are the franchise with two of the most unique talents in NBA history................. Barkley and Iverson.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

I remember one team that won a championship way ahead of their time with a 6-9 + rookie point guard........

the 80 LA Lakers. Even though they had Jabbar and Nixon, plus a few others.

Can the 2018 Sixers be another champion way before their time?

Honestly I don't even see that as a possibility unless one of Curry or KD is unable to play for whatever reason. The Warriors are just way too talented and deep to keep up with. 

However, I do think that the Sixers will make the Eastern Conference Finals, and Vegas agrees for the time being.

LeBron vs. Simmons/Embiid would make me a fortune if I decided to sell my tickets. A seat at the top of the upper deck went for ~$200 for the regular season version of LeBron last week.

The energy in the arena is absolutely outrageous right now (I attended last night), and the fans are vicious to the refs consistently. The last game of the season against the Bucks, I sat 3rd row in the lowers right behind the Milwaukee bench. There was a guy in the seats just behind the basket, and he was heckling Jason Terry and the rest of the Bucks players mercilessly for the entire duration of the blowout without any consequence or care from the arena staff. Terry did snap back multiple times too.

Edited by Fetou

Just turned on the recording i have of Cavs Pacers...so fast forwarded and am at the 9 minute mark of quarter 3..and Cavs fans booing the poop out of the Cavs. Really, Cleveland fans booing the team that got them a championship..after only 2 years!!!

On 4/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I've been a Celtics fan since 1980...I am insane to think that this might be the most depth the Celtics have had in almost 40 years?  I know there have been better teams, but these bench players are contributing regularly.  Because of all the injuries to the front line players, they are getting more opportunities than they might have in the past, and they have been delivering more often than not. They have been really good on the road...normally, bench players struggle on the road.  If Irving were in the lineup, and healthy, I would really like their chances at a finals appereance.  Great win today...maybe I got my beer goggles on, but I am not counting them out....I think they beat Milwaukee in 7.  Philly could be a tough matchup in the next round, but not impossible.  You just never know...either way, I've had too much fun watching these guys this year, to count them out just yet.  Brown and Tatum look like legit talents...for all the grief Ainge takes as a GM (even I didn't love him as a player!), I think he has done a very solid job on this roster.  Future is bright if Irving comes back at full strength..add Hayward to the mix, and they could really be the new dominant team of the east.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just turned on the recording i have of Cavs Pacers...so fast forwarded and am at the 9 minute mark of quarter 3..and Cavs fans booing the poop out of the Cavs. Really, Cleveland fans booing the team that got them a championship..after only 2 years!!!

Those tickets are expensive! You are entitled to boo bad efforts. 

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Fans are the same everywhere...they love their team when they win, hate them when they lose...we have a very impatient culture in general..in sports it is magnified, because final scores are definative (most of the time), and you are only as good as your last game.  The notion of "good, educated fans" is nice, but not the reality any more.

17 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I've been a Celtics fan since 1980...I am insane to think that this might be the most depth the Celtics have had in almost 40 years?  I know there have been better teams, but these bench players are contributing regularly.  Because of all the injuries to the front line players, they are getting more opportunities than they might have in the past, and they have been delivering more often than not. They have been really good on the road...normally, bench players struggle on the road.  If Irving were in the lineup, and healthy, I would really like their chances at a finals appereance.  Great win today...maybe I got my beer goggles on, but I am not counting them out....I think they beat Milwaukee in 7.  Philly could be a tough matchup in the next round, but not impossible.  You just never know...either way, I've had too much fun watching these guys this year, to count them out just yet.  Brown and Tatum look like legit talents...for all the grief Ainge takes as a GM (even I didn't love him as a player!), I think he has done a very solid job on this roster.  Future is bright if Irving comes back at full strength..add Hayward to the mix, and they could really be the new dominant team of the east.

Smart could be back for the the next series if they can sneak by the Bucks.

• Like (+1) 2

Besides the stacked teams of 2008 and beyond the Celtics didn’t do anything after Bird retired.

So this team being the best after those teams, but way behind in talent, isn’t that big a deal.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Besides the stacked teams of 2008 and beyond the Celtics didn’t do anything after Bird retired.

So this team being the best after those teams, but way behind in talent, isn’t that big a deal.

It’s exciting for Celtics fans. It’s a team on the rise. They have the coach, the superstars (next year) and the young talent and depth. I always felt like they couldn’t get past the Cavs but now I feel like that team will be the Sixers in coming years ...

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

They've had other decent, not great teams since then...but they have always been reliant, completely on 3 or 3 guys. In all those years, they have never really been able to build a deep roster. 

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Pacers don’t give two !@#$s about LeBron

I think LeBron is the best player in the game since Jordan (hot take, right?), but he isn't indefatigable.  He has been suseptible to wearing out, when he doesn't have a strong supporting cast. I would probably never bet against him in the East, but he, and the Cavs, are beatable.

The game needs the Celtics and Lakers for national prestige.  I could say the Knicks as well but that shipped has basically sailed since 1975 (very sadly written here)

The Raptors are mesmerized by LeBron , or basically any team that wants to actually try on a given night.

Pacers couldn't have cared less he exists out there, Bucks went right at him with physical abuse their last regular season game.

watching the Warriors totally dismantle the Spurs, even without Curry, makes me take everything in the East with ten grains of salt...