Darnold might stay in school for 2 more years

No way he stays two more years. The more tape GM's get on a guy the more they justify wasting early picks on an OT. Not sure if he's the consensus 1 pick right now. Rosen, Allen, Darnold are all in the running. Next tier right now appears to be Rudolph and Falk which seems to be more likely for the Bills.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was always a possibility that he would return. It is impossible to know that he won't unless he's out of eligibility. Too much can happen between now and then - he's played a grand total of 9 games. He looks like a great prospect but I don't think the Jets are tanking for him, specifically. They are rebuilding in general. They could take Rosen or someone else. They could trade the #1 pick for a haul. They just knew they had to shed old, expensive vets and outside of a few guys, they haven't drafted well and just have a crap roster. I really never thought it was all about Darnold.

Me neither. It's simply good nfl team management. Did I hear $80 mil under next year? Combine that with some early draft picks and you can make a serious run down the road. Maybe they get Cousins and build a monster Oline like Dallas did.

Early prediction - Next QB for the Buffalo Bills will be: Josh Rosen

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I dunno... I think a few gifted passers will emerge this season... Some may leave school early...

Darnold looks to be the best of the bunch.... Talented kids like Josh Allen, and Brett Rypien might have something to say about that.

I dunno... I think a few gifted passers will emerge this season... Some may leave school early...

Darnold looks to be the best of the bunch.... Talented kids like Josh Allen, and Brett Rypien might have something to say about that.

...he's a red shirt sophomore.....another year of seasoning would certainly help....and if the 2018 class is crowded, maybe his odds improve as the top dawg in 2019 after another year of seasoning and depending on how that class shapes up......plenty of time for him....

Nope, I've never seen him play. I've just become cynical of any QB hype since so many amount to less than what was promised.

Andrew Luck is a great example. He was supposed to be the second coming of Christ from the heavens. He's certainly had a nice career but he's hardly Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. (But his hype sure is.)

Yep, I remember 2 former USC QBs (Leinart, Barkley) and 2 former Notre Dame QBs (Quinn, Claussen) that were once highly touted that haven't done much as NFL QBs.

Cowherd is just a douche stirring the pot. He's pathetic.

I'll never forget one time I was listening to his ESPN morning show on my commute and a woman on the show was talking about him stealing people's food. Apparently he took someone's lunch off their desk. He said "Anything left out is fair game!" What a tool!

Andrew Luck is not in the " elite " QB category yet...( Brady, Rodgers, Brees ) but he is absolutely in the "Very good " QB...He's in the top 10...if the Colts roster was any good, they would be in the playoffs regularly...He brought them to the playoffs 3 straight years....once in the AFCCG.....like any other teams in the AFC , they ran into NE.....

Unlike a lot of teams, Indy does not have to worry about a QB for years....they just need to build around him....

Andrew Luck is not in the " elite " QB category yet...( Brady, Rodgers, Brees ) but he is absolutely in the "Very good " QB...He's in the top 10...if the Colts roster was any good, they would be in the playoffs regularly...He brought them to the playoffs 3 straight years....once in the AFCCG.....like any other teams in the AFC , they ran into NE.....

Unlike a lot of teams, Indy does not have to worry about a QB for years....they just need to build around him....

......Irsay and Grigson did their best to ruin him.....hell, Grigson blamed the $$$ Luck extension for his inability to sign quality players......now he's Cleveland's problem....good landing spot........

Rosen to me is a bit overrated at this point. This will be a big year for him.

He's a decent prospect... I've seen him make some impressive throws... I've ALSO seen things that make me call into question his decision-making...

Well, what 22-year old kid always makes good decisions? -NONE. Still, Josh seems to repeat critical mistakes. (stubborn) -that ain't good. That's JMO.....

An extra year in school won't fix that..... Rosen, IMO is a late 2nd round-early 3rd Rd talent... He'll go earlier to a hard-up team, but he's not really on the level of a Darnold.

Let's see how much he cleans up his act this year..

Edited by #34fan

He's a decent prospect... I've seen him make some impressive throws... I've ALSO seen things that make me call into question his decision-making...

Well, what 22-year old kid always makes good decisions? -NONE. Still, Josh seems to repeat critical mistakes. (stubborn) -that ain't good. That's JMO.....

An extra year in school won't fix that..... Rosen, IMO is a late 2nd round-early 3rd Rd talent... He'll go earlier to a hard-up team, but he's not really on the level of a Darnold.

Let's see how much he cleans up his act this year..

Based off this past draft he'll be a top 10 pick in 2018 is what you're saying?

Based off this past draft he'll be a top 10 pick in 2018 is what you're saying?

I'm saying he's not the same product as San Darnold. -Not yet, anyway... The '18 draft may turn into a crowded field for QB's... Rosen needs to have a strong year, or he WON'T be top 10.

I'm saying he's not the same product as San Darnold. -Not yet, anyway... The '18 draft may turn into a crowded field for QB's... Rosen needs to have a strong year, or he WON'T be top 10.

I was joking, I was basing it off how this year's draft went. None of the QB's were worthy of an early first-round pick but 3 went in the top 12 =/

Early prediction - Next QB for the Buffalo Bills will be: Josh Rosen

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I believe it's Jay Rosen - and he might be getting a little long in the tooth to be our QB of the future...

Does anyone have stats on how many pandas have succeeded in the modern NFL (not in the pre salary cap era)?