Former player comes out

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of love in this thread. And its not just C.Biscuit's self-love. Its a genuine love and respect between men who may not always be comfortable with what other men do with their genitals and their butts,

:mellow: You just HAD to go, and make it weird... :doh:

this isn't a story now. plain and simple

this is only a story because it annoys folks like me and others who don't give a tiny little itty bitty piece of turd. and because we don't sjw's believe we must be raysis or sexist or something hashtagged.

let this dude live his life. he's a moron, plain and simple. this is about mental health. not about being gay, no matter what he thinks - he has clearly shown to be a retard.

Ouch! -Cheezincrackers, this guy had a hard damn time, Jboys.... I don't think it was good decision for him to "hide out" in football, but calling the guy a "moron" just because he was depressed? -Too much, I say.

please, cite references that this is still an ongoing issue. these sources would serve you best as being in the last 24 months.

until than, thank you and sorry not sorry

Not sure what you need examples of, but I've seen multiple warnings by mods not to use any kind of slurs... I poke fun when I have a chance... Lots of comedic material in gay life... I try not to make things TOO brutal...

I'm sorry this is total rubbish. Imagine having to be someone else 24 hours a day for over 20 years of your life. If you don't understand that is the root cause of the depression and mental health issue I don't know what to tell you.

You are just wrong.

... what you said makes absolutely no sense

he had to be someone else? exactly why? why didn't he get help? why didn't he recognize this?

you put the cart in front of the horse to think because he was gay he had depression. he had depression and he was gay. plain and simple. he chose not to get help nor address the actual issue.

he lived in his own fear. fear is not rational, if you've ever been to a psychologist, therapy, etc.

for allah's sake. this guy had no plan in life but to kill himself. that should be eye opening to the mental state of the guy

...never happens in our lifetime bud.....never understood the big publicity about orientation anyway....not on my driver's license, passport, library card or tax return.....and why "come out" if it doesn't matter and is essentially a private choice?....race relations are a conundrum.....when we talk about playing "the race card", immediate assumption is black versus white.....try this one.....a headhunter called my office from Georgia looking for CFO candidates (I'm in Roch-Cha-Cha)......so when he heard my last name ended in a vowel (HINT), he said "so you're one of them there EYE-Talians"...nuff said....racism does NOT stop at color.............

when you stop looking to melt over every little detail maybe you'd understand the situation. but, its a lot easier being a victim, so carry on.

you'd not fit in very well in a blue collar town or around the old school majority of the working class.

I'm sorry this is total rubbish. Imagine having to be someone else 24 hours a day for over 20 years of your life. If you don't understand that is the root cause of the depression and mental health issue I don't know what to tell you.

You are just wrong.

he had to be someone else? exactly why? why didn't he get help? why didn't he recognize this?

you put the cart in front of the horse to think because he was gay he had depression. he had depression and he was gay. plain and simple.

he lived in his own fear. fear is not rational, if you've ever been to a psychologist, therapy, etc.

:mellow: You just HAD to go, and make it weird... :doh:

Ouch! -Cheezincrackers, this guy had a hard damn time, Jboys.... I don't think it was good decision for him to "hide out" in football, but calling the guy a "moron" just because he was depressed? -Too much, I say.

Not sure what you need examples of, but I've seen multiple warnings by mods not to use any kind of slurs... I poke fun when I have a chance... Lots of comedic material in gay life... I try not to make things TOO brutal...

examples of "I see... When I was a child you heard stories of gay men being attacked ALL THE TIME.. Often due to PDA... Glad those days are (mostly) GONE..." being a thing

you claimed that it is "mostly" gone. please, show me statistics which say it still exists. while you might find 3-4 stories, you won't be able to convince me it is an issue worth time - you said it, it's on you to prove it.

annnnnddd the guy had a hard time? who in their mid 20's has an easy time? what 20 something year old doesn't struggle and go through some sort of saga?

I have seen it with my own eyes Boyst. My friend did recognise it. He didn't dare get help for living in absolute fear of being exposed.

Speaking to him since the biggest reason he felt he had to end it was because he felt he had no place. He couldn't reconcile himself with the gay community because he didn't want to wear a rainbow flag or go to drag clubs or march for pride but he thought that the friends and community he lived in as a "straight" man would reject him if they found out he was gay. He lived in fear of that ever single day.

He came through it he is a much better person to be around now and he has had absolutely zero mental health issues since. He wasn't someone susceptible to mental health episodes who happened to be gay. He was someone whose internal trauma between the he that the world saw and the he that was true drove him to try and take his own life.

I wonder how many people in that situation you have spoken to? No you'd rather label them morons. Ignorant, nonsensical bile.

This article basically proves what many of us have suspected for a long time. Aaron Rodgers is a gay. And that is ok.

Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Kordella Stewart? Yeah. I don't know about Rodgers.

examples of "I see... When I was a child you heard stories of gay men being attacked ALL THE TIME.. Often due to PDA... Glad those days are (mostly) GONE..." being a thing

you claimed that it is "mostly" gone. please, show me statistics which say it still exists. while you might find 3-4 stories, you won't be able to convince me it is an issue worth time - you said it, it's on you to prove it.

annnnnddd the guy had a hard time? who in their mid 20's has an easy time? what 20 something year old doesn't struggle and go through some sort of saga?

Gay bashing? -In the 70's and early 80's??? OMG, it was a serious problem... We lived in NYC briefly, and it was a serious issue.. Often some sick rite of passage for "straight" adolescent males.

When I was about 14 a kid we were all friends with (boy) hit on another kid (Also a boy)... The kid who spurned the other kids advances told EVERYONE, leading the gay kid to try OD'ing on pills... He tried taking

himself out again the following year... -That is hardcore, despair, my man... What the hell are we, if we choose not give a damn about each other's states of mind? :blink:

Even without the recent Pulse night club massacre, homosexuals are targeted for violence in MANY countries around the world... Like I said, I poke fun, but it's serious business in some places.

Edited by #34fan

It's a serious business in many, many places. And it is often the "it does not matter to me crowd" who try and turn homophobia into something else as to avoid the issue.

What strikes me is the belief, seemingly held by many, that homosexuality almost automatically equates to mental illness. Correlation does not necessarily imply causation, and this man expressing suicidal ideation does not automatically mean that he is/was mentally ill.

The "real issue here is mental illness" response baffles me.

you put the cart in front of the horse to think because he was gay he had depression. he had depression and he was gay. plain and simple. he chose not to get help nor address the actual issue.

for allah's sake. this guy had no plan in life but to kill himself. that should be eye opening to the mental state of the guy

when you stop looking to melt over every little detail maybe you'd understand the situation. but, its a lot easier being a victim, so carry on.

you'd not fit in very well in a blue collar town or around the old school majority of the working class.

you put the cart in front of the horse to think because he was gay he had depression. he had depression and he was gay. plain and simple.

.....blue collar towns that never get "with it" will never change period.....you can't change it or erase history....removing Confederate flags to erase history?.....offering reparations today to erase the history of slavery?....seriously?.....bigotry will forever exist PERIOD....as an EYE-Talian, I can tell you it still exists TODAY..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It's a serious business in many, many places. And it is often the "it does not matter to me crowd" who try and turn homophobia into something else as to avoid the issue.

"Phobias" by their nature are hard to manage... I jus think elements on the far right can get carried away with their agendas.... I'm glad this guy is out now and living his damn life...

-What if he wasn't? -Would this hateful world somehow be a better place because of it? :lol:

-The answer is NO. :mellow:

If an NFL player casually walked to the sidelines after a game and kissed their boyfriend, and it happened to be caught on camera, I have a feeling that crowd would suddenly find it very important. One way or another a gay person will come out unless they make it a point to hide it for their whole life. But people don't care nearly as much as they used to. Even just 10 years ago it was a completely different atmosphere. Nowadays most people see news like this, say "oh okay" and move on without giving it much thought.

FWIW, it's no surprise that the NBA is out ahead of this. They are so far and away the best run league and it's not close. They have such an incredible pulse on things from gambling, to LGBTQ issues, to international expansion, to community initiatives, to modern media. They pretty much create or pioneer everything happening in sports and then if it works other leagues try to copy them. They have all of the top minds in sports.

what about the several billions of people who don't care about those issues or the agendas by those who disguise agendas in news like this which ignores the actual point of this story = mental illness.

As long as those several billions of people treat others around them with the same respect that they expect to receive then I guess it's ok. Though why several individuals of people feel the need to bring there own neuroses into a thread that they profess to not care about is curious.

.....blue collar towns that never get "with it" will never change period.....you can't change it or erase history....removing Confederate flags to erase history?.....offering reparations today to erase the history of slavery?....seriously?.....bigotry will forever exist PERIOD....as an EYE-Talian, I can tell you it still exists TODAY..........

Come on now ladies,

lets try to steer this discussion in a better direction.

(If you can find one)

Happy this guy's life is on a healthy track now. I have a friend who was closeted for a long time. He was from a very religious and conservative family in rural southern Ohio. The difference once he came out was amazing. He became so much happier and lives a good life now.

FWIW, I always though Stephon Gilmore was gay... And No, it had nothing to do with the fact that he often sucked.

PHRASING!!!

Happy this guy's life is on a healthy track now. I have a friend who was closeted for a long time. He was from a very religious and conservative family in rural southern Ohio. The difference once he came out was amazing. He became so much happier and lives a good life now.

PHRASING!!!

BA-BING!!!!

In comparison to all the young men and woman that come out at an early age and face life head on?

I understand feeling compassion and I do, but we have kids laying in hospital beds all over the world fighting to just stay alive, not end it.

They're my heroes...

Anyone who fights through their personal pain to get up and keep trying is some one to commend. One person does not have to take anything away from the other person.