Raiders sign Carr to 5 year/125 mill extension

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@adamschefter

Derek Carr fell to 2nd round and started his NFL career 0-10. Now on brink of becoming one of highest, if not highest, paid player in game.

Andrew Luck $24.6 million average annual salary.

Carson Palmer $24.35M.

Drew Brees $24.25M

Kirk Cousins $23.9M.

Derek Carr at or near top.

@adamschefter

Derek Carr fell to 2nd round and started his NFL career 0-10. Now on brink of becoming one of highest, if not highest, paid player in game.

Andrew Luck $24.6 million average annual salary.

Carson Palmer $24.35M.

Drew Brees $24.25M

Kirk Cousins $23.9M.

Derek Carr at or near top.

And even though a lot of folk have tried to rewrite history since he mainly struggled through 10 games. Edited by GunnerBill

I hope the Raiders go far this year. Win one for the "town" before the move!

I thought they would be the only problem for the Pats* last year before Carr broke his leg. We'll see how it all unfolds this year.

I hope the Raiders go far this year. Win one for the "town" before the move!

That would be typical Davis family fashion.

We won the Super Bowl for you Oakland! Now leave us the :censored: alone, we're going to Las Vegas!

Thanks for the money, SUCKAAAAAAZ!!! You'll never get an NFL team again! :devil::lol:

@cianaf

Derek Carr's accuracy percentage in 2016 was 70.94%, 25th in the league

http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/29/pre-snap-reads-quarterback-catalogue-2017-19-99/

There is no real trend to his inaccuracy either.

I thought they would be the only problem for the Pats* last year before Carr broke his leg. We'll see how it all unfolds this year.

the Raiders defense wasn't good enough, regardless Edited by YoloinOhio

@cianaf

http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/29/pre-snap-reads-quarterback-catalogue-2017-19-99/

the Raiders defense wasn't good enough, regardless

Yup, they would have lost to NE. Look at what KC's Defense did to Oakland.

@cianaf

the Raiders defense wasn't good enough, regardless

Yeah I remember, but their offense was super potent. Woulda been a shootout for the ages.

I've seen steady progress with Carr and the Raiders. A steady progress I'd love to see in Buffalo.

Same. I like Winston and MM but they both have bigger flaws than Carr. Carr's style fits the modern day NFL so well, enough mobility in the pocket, quick release, accurate, able to function presnap. The sky is the limit.

I may be in a very small minority but I don't love Carr as a prospect. I'd rather Winston and Mariota (and maybe others). Carr is good but he's a guy that I can certainly see regressing.

@cianaf

Raiders and Lions went through last season relying on fourth quarter wins against bad teams, seems obvious sign for regression.