Vince Young cut (update: and complaining)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/27/vince-young-cfl-saskatchewan-finances-bankruptcy-titans

Id see a quarterback and be like, Dude is garbage, and Im over here in the kitchen cooking turkey necks!?

I hate to name-drop, but [Ryan] Fitzpatrick is still playing!? He leads the league in interceptions, and hes still f------ getting paid? I mean, what the f--- is going on?

Because he can read defenses, make NFL throws and NFL decisions, even bad ones and you can't?

also I doubt fitz never had a backup plan and didn't throw a fit every time someone offered him a job that wasn't what he was expecting.

I'd like to take the opportunity to reach to Vince and say: First, -I still believe in you... Second, -Turkey necks are best when barbecued... -That's JMO!... Some people marinade them in garlic, woosta sauce, and fresh rosemary before sticking them in the oven but either way, your career is most likely over.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/27/vince-young-cfl-saskatchewan-finances-bankruptcy-titans

“I’d see a quarterback and be like, Dude is garbage, and I’m over here in the kitchen cooking turkey necks!?

“I hate to name-drop, but [Ryan] Fitzpatrick is still playing!? He leads the league in interceptions, and he’s still f------ getting paid? I mean, what the f--- is going on?”

Because he can read defenses, make NFL throws and NFL decisions, even bad ones and you can't?

VY, you had your fair chance to beat Fitz out in 2012. Make no mistake about this: Gailey was on the hot seat in his 3rd year. The Bills had given a hot-handed Fitz a big money contract, then watched him flame out the rest of the season.

Russ Brandon was still mixing it in, selling hope to the fans in their ticket envelopes: "We're going to bring in a FA, a good one" Buddy Nix announced. Everyone, coach, GM, president - everyone would have loved to see you succeed and offer an exciting alternative to the questionable Fitz.

But you couldn't. So this is sour grapes to the nth. You want out of the kitchen and away from the chicken necks? Just Do It. Prove that you can.

I'd like to take the opportunity to reach to Vince and say: First, -I still believe in you... Second, -Turkey necks are best when barbecued... -That's JMO!... Some people marinade them in garlic, woosta sauce, and fresh rosemary before sticking them in the oven but either way, your career is most likely over.

Dang, that sounds Goooooood!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Dang, that sounds Goooooood!

When you have the kind time Vince does on his hands, you can even afford a light dusting of bread crumbs before baking.

Maybe VY should try his luck on "Chopped", or some such celebrity cook-off show.

Vince Young sounds like a guy who never fully grew up. And yet, he has a point.

The thing is, with his "point" are 3 fingers aimed back at him. What does it say about HIM that no team in the NFL is interested in him, but Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert, and Brock Osweiler still have work?

In fairness, I've often said the same about Fitzpatrick...

Well, yes. But you've never been cut from a team that Fitzpatrick stayed playing for that season. It's not a good look.

I imagine it cuts even worse that Young wasted his money, declared bankruptcy, and needs to work a job to support his family while Fitz has no doubt invested decently and his family is set for life.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Well, yes. But you've never been cut from a team that Fitzpatrick stayed playing for that season. It's not a good look.

I imagine it cuts even worse that Young wasted his money, declared bankruptcy, and needs to work a job to support his family while Fitz has no doubt invested decently and his family is set for life.

Oooh, has the makings of an E-P-I-C twitter-war!

Maybe I should start a fake VY account to get the ball rolling.