So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

I'm not the one that said that 3 out of 4 are making their decision because of the QB. That's what you said but now that it's out there you are back pedaling. It's okay to be wrong. We are all wrong on here a lot. When you try to use fake stats to support the narrative that you are trying to write don't be surprised when you get called out with the real facts. I count about 21 going to top end QBs and 19 going to middle of the road or worse.

It is 3/4. You're trying to use an arbitrary cutoff at #15 to prop up the #30 passing offense. I see you!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for proving my point.

So your point was that Maclin did base his decision on his wife to some extent? Weird way to do it, by referring to it as 'story telling' when the player himself says it was part of his decision.

"Maclin's wife made the decision."

Some of you folks are shameless.

Citation needed. Or is this like the "Maclin's wife made the decision," story telling?

Does it matter if he is a 1,2, & 3 receiver? Their 3rd leading wr caught 13 more passes than our #1 wr.

You are a big TT fan. I like TT but I don't think he is a very good passing qb. His strengths, running and taking care of the ball, probably matter very little to a prospective wr. Besides a half of season, he has really struggle to get the ball to his playmakers.

So while there are other factors, I think qb play is a much bigger one than you believe it. Respectfully.

If you think players don't understand coaching changes and how they effect things you'd be mistaken.

Denver's top 2 receivers were T-10th and 13th in targets in the NFL (With Siemian & Lynch). Baltimore's were 26th and 28th.

Tyrod or not, we will be throwing more. If you think otherwise you are mistaken.

So your point was that Maclin did base his decision on his wife to some extent? Weird way to do it, by referring to it as 'story telling' when the player himself says it was part of his decision.

If you think players don't understand coaching changes and how they effect things you'd be mistaken.

Denver's top 2 receivers were T-10th and 13th in targets in the NFL (With Siemian & Lynch). Baltimore's were 26th and 28th.

Tyrod or not, we will be throwing more. If you think otherwise you are mistaken.

I want to see what Tyrod can do with more throws. I hate this game of hiding out qb. I've always said he can throw more INTs and have worse stats and be a better qb. At this point, Siemen looks like a better passing qb.

Personally, I don't think he moves the needle one way or another. But I'm open to him playing modern football and seeing what he can do.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

It is 3/4. You're trying to use an arbitrary cutoff at #15 to prop up the #30 passing offense. I see you!

saying that it is 3 out of 4 doesn't make it true. So 30 of those 40 QBs are "franchise" guys? Please name them

Also, it really makes a lot more sense to use the middle of the league as the cutoff. If a guy is choosing between the Packers and Ravens and picks the Ravens it isn't because of the QB. You can try to add guys like Dalton in there to prop up your weak argument but if you think receivers are picking the Bengals because of the opportunity to catch balls from Dalton I don't know what to tell you.

From the above list here are the QBs that I don't believe were the reason for a QR's decision. Some are debatable as are some on the other side (like Flacco): Hoyer, Goff, Glennon, Kessler, Wentz, Dalton, Kaepernick, Kaepernick, Alex Smith, Cutler, Tennessee QB before Mariota was drafted, Foles, Tannehill, Geno, RG3, RG3, Schaub and Palmer. That's 19 of the 40. Again, feel free to name the 30.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

saying that it is 3 out of 4 doesn't make it true. So 30 of those 40 QBs are "franchise" guys? Please name them

Also, it really makes a lot more sense to use the middle of the league as the cutoff. If a guy is choosing between the Packers and Ravens and picks the Ravens it isn't because of the QB. You can try to add guys like Dalton in there to prop up your weak argument but if you think receivers are picking the Bengals because of the opportunity to catch balls from Dalton I don't know what to tell you.

If Dalton doesn't get hurt 2 seasons ago when the Bengals were maybe the best team in the NFL, they might win the SB and he is thought of much differently.

Also, Dalton (for as much crap as he gets), lost his #2, #3 WRs, had his all pro TE hurt much of the year, & lost AJ Green for 6.5 games. He also lost his 2nd OC in 2 years! He threw for over 4,000 yards. He is much better than people will ever give him credit for.

If Dalton doesn't get hurt 2 seasons ago when the Bengals were maybe the best team in the NFL, they might win the SB and he is thought of much differently.

Also, Dalton (for as much crap as he gets), lost his #2, #3 WRs, had his all pro TE hurt much of the year, & lost AJ Green for 6.5 games. He also lost his 2nd OC in 2 years! He threw for over 4,000 yards. He is much better than people will ever give him credit for.

I like Dalton more than most. My point is that guys aren't deciding to go to the Bengals in FA because Dalton is the QB. Guys decide to go to the Patriots or even the Chargers, etc... Middle tier guys aren't influencing a free agent receiver's decision.

I like Dalton more than most. My point is that guys aren't deciding to go to the Bengals in FA because Dalton is the QB. Guys decide to go to the Patriots or even the Chargers, etc... Middle tier guys aren't influencing a free agent receiver's decision.

I disagree in regards to Flacco. Flacco, especially because of the SB win, is thought in a much higher regard than Tyrod around the league.

I disagree in regards to Flacco. Flacco, especially because of the SB win, is thought in a much higher regard than Tyrod around the league.

Flacco is a bubble guy for me but for this exercise I am counting him as a guy influencing FA decisions. I don't really believe it because his numbers don't support it but you are right in that his reputation around the league is strong (and he is a great playoff QB).

Flacco is a bubble guy for me but for this exercise I am counting him as a guy influencing FA decisions. I don't really believe it because his numbers don't support it but you are right in that his reputation around the league is strong (and he is a great playoff QB).

Oh ok. And I don't think Flacco is a great qb either. I really surprise me seeing that they had 3 70 catch receivers last year though.

Receivers want the ball and don't want to be blockers. Maybe we will pass more this year. But we have a reputation of a run first team for better or worse.

Oh ok. And I don't think Flacco is a great qb either. I really surprise me seeing that they had 3 70 catch receivers last year though.

Receivers want the ball and don't want to be blockers. Maybe we will pass more this year. But we have a reputation of a run first team for better or worse.

Yeah, his receivers weren't great but throwing 42 times a game will rack those up. It's kind of like the Saints who I see more of. They have guys every year that surprise. Willie Snead caught 74 balls last year as the number 3.

I think that the Bills will throw about 35 times a game. That will be up from where they were but think it's still like 18th in the league. It's as often as Denver. I don't know how many looks guys will see because I expect a lot of the extra looks to go to Sammy. I honestly believe he will be around that 9 targets a game. If you add another 20 between Jones, Holmes, McCoy and Clay that's not a lot more balls to go around. That's like another 6 for all of the guys combined.

Decker was the highest paid FA WR his year. We better hope WR's aren't turning down significantly higher contract offers to play with other QB's.

Do you know what his wife does for a living and what relation that has to Nashville?

Do you know what his wife does for a living and what relation that has to Nashville?

Is that why he picked NY two years ago?

In TBD land, are we all pretending that the WAGs of professional athletes are dictating where they sign their multimillion dollar contracts? When did you all come up with fantasy?

Is that why he picked NY two years ago?

In TBD land, are we all pretending that the WAGs of professional athletes are dictating where they sign their multimillion dollar contracts? When did you all come up with fantasy?

He picked NY because of Geno. There goes another WR picking a team because of their superior QB.

The wives and girlfriends are as important to the process as anything (including money).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He picked NY because of Geno. There goes another WR picking a team because of their superior QB.

The wives and girlfriends are as important to the process as anything (including money).

No, they literally are not. Jessie Decker and her lifetime net worth of $1.5M is not dictating where Decker signs his $6M per year contract. She's a factor, but a small one at that.

PS, Romo was UDFA, why not peterman?

Edited by jmc12290

No, they literally are not. Jessie Decker and her lifetime net worth of $1.5M is not dictating where Decker signs his $6M per year contract. She's a factor, but a small one at that.

You haven't been around this too often if you think that the WAGS don't matter. It is a HUGE factor.

Go take your Peterman is Tom Brady argument elsewhere. If you think that he's going to be great because of Brady I will show you the other 100 guys taken in the 5th round or later since. I'm hoping that he becomes a solid backup but even still the odds are less than 20%.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

They own a house there already.

I mean I get it your failed theory is causing you to slide down the mountain - at any time you can look up for a hand to pull you to safety but it seems your pride is just going to let you plummet to the bottom.

There's nothing indicating we didn't.

Bottom line is that we don't know for sure if they did or not.

I'm sure they put out feelers. Due diligence.

There is no evidence that the Bills had any interest in Decker. making things up for a crazy agenda.

I mean I get it your failed theory is causing you to slide down the mountain - at any time you can look up for a hand to pull you to safety but it seems your pride is just going to let you plummet to the bottom.

Did that house prevent him from going to NY?

When did you all come up with fantasy?

Around the same time as you came up with the "Decker chose Mariota over Tyrod" fantasy. No don't get me wrong, I would choose Mariota over Tyrod.... but Decker never had that choice because Buffalo were never in on him.

Around the same time as you came up with the "Decker chose Mariota over Tyrod" fantasy. No don't get me wrong, I would choose Mariota over Tyrod.... but Decker never had that choice because Buffalo were never in on him.

And if QB was driving him why did he choose Geno last time?

This is ridiculous argument on Decker choosing TN for the QB. . He went to NY because they offered him huge money. He left Peyton Manning and a SB team for Geno and a Jets team that was awful with a lame duck coach. His wife may have had an impact on where he signed but she sure liked the contact first. He knew that was his chance for a big FA contract and he cashed in. Now he's in his 30s and he's going where he will be happy. He didn't get a big contract in TN. If he did we would have known now because that's how agents work. He will probably retire there and she will revive her career and its a great thing for them. I doubt the QB had much to do with it. It didn't last time. Imo he would have signed with TN regardless of who their QB was.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Because they paid him the most and he didn't care so much about the QB.

It's really quite simple.

Glad to have you come around.

As strange as it may seem you and I are actually in agreement on some things that many others aren't. As an example I believe that Whaley did a pretty good job. I don't think that the talent has been the issue over the last couple of years. That's not a popular opinion but one that I think we agree on.

And if QB was driving him why did he choose Geno last time?

It isn't even worth getting to that... because he is yet to show that Tyrod was an option.

As strange as it may seem you and I are actually in agreement on some things that many others aren't. As an example I believe that Whaley did a pretty good job. I don't think that the talent has been the issue over the last couple of years. That's not a popular opinion but one that I think we agree on.

And one I agree on too.

You haven't been around this too often if you think that the WAGS don't matter. It is a HUGE factor.

Go take your Peterman is Tom Brady argument elsewhere. If you think that he's going to be great because of Brady I will show you the other 100 guys taken in the 5th round or later since. I'm hoping that he becomes a solid backup but even still the odds are less than 20%.

...Ralphy offered Cowher $10 mil/yr for Bflo HC spot and Bill's late wife said "no way" to living in Buffalo versus comfy Carolina....Sabres' Drury had his wife insist on bailing out of Buffalo at UFA time to NY with the Rangers....WAG's do "wag" their mates by "the tail".......

devolved thread

She sounds good and has a classic Country look going on. Not a fan of western pull up nearly over your head shorts but to ea his own.

to each, his or her or own preference.

Edited by 3rdand12

She sounds good and has a classic Country look going on. Not a fan of western pull up nearly over your head shorts but to ea his own.

She will probably end up with a role on the show Nashville. Or another reality show. They don't have a "Real Housewives of Nashville" yet. Good for her. Edited by YoloinOhio

So your argument is.... we're both wrong?

It's definitely that you're wrong and I'm right - there's more to these decisions than just going where the best QB is (your original argument).

I see what you're like now - you're your own problem.

Edited by Triple Threat

It's definitely that you're wrong and that there's more to these decisions than just going where the best QB is - making me right. You're so twisted in your own BS you confuse yourself.

Hmmmmm, I thought you said he went to Tenn because of his house, but that couldn't be it because he went to NY.

Hmmmmm, I thought you said he went to Tenn because of his house, but that couldn't be it because he went to NY.

Ok, you're not real good at reading comprehension. I first connected Nashville as the epicenter of his wife's career - then later said they own a house there. Gave multiple reasons other than going there solely because of the QB.