Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Excellent news. Getting it done at those #'s should help w/ keeping the mid-level guys at the higher part of the middle quality-wise. That, or be the difference in getting 1 more absolute stud signed or having him choose a different offer. (My guess is the former more than the latter. Either way: :beer: .)

Nice!

I was hoping for the AAV to come in under $10M, but I figured that wasn't all that realistic on an 8yr deal, half of those being UFA years.

Thrilled to have Eichel in Buffalo for 9 more years!

I'm sure the AAV is the average per year, but what does AAV stand for?

https://mobile.twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/914882469001875457/video/1

Minnesota highlights. Has Mittlestadt's goal and 2 assists.

That assist at 1:12, and the dangle & assist at 1:27. Wow!

This kid has some sick hands.

College hockey has started already?

Eichel is the man. You don't see that kind of foresight from a young kid these days. He definitely left a good bit of money on the table in order to put the deal behind him and the team, while making it clear he expects them to pay the players around him to make the Sabres a perennial Cup contender.

Eichel is the man. You don't see that kind of foresight from a young kid these days. He definitely left a good bit of money on the table in order to put the deal behind him and the team, while making it clear he expects them to pay the players around him to make the Sabres a perennial Cup contender.

Hoping they solve the goaltender issue with some of that dough.

Their goaltending is fine. Lehner is more than capable, and is still improving. OchoCinco is a competent backup as well. The key is improved play defensively and hope some youngsters step up.

Seconded. Psychotic maniacs are fun at times, but stability is required to win.

I'll also propose to the mods that a new thread be created and this one retired now that the regular season is upon us.

Their goaltending is fine. Lehner is more than capable, and is still improving. OchoCinco is a competent backup as well. The key is improved play defensively and hope some youngsters step up.

Agree on Johnson but Shirley you can't be serious about neck tattoo. He is capable of some great individual plays....even games from time to time.....but he is not at all consistent, not always working hard and a goalie mask does make sense for his personality but not because of his profession.

Really "jacked" by this extension!

But...anyone else find this curious?

Sabres general manager Jason Botterill wasn’t available for comment.

See, it was my nervousness that got this done!

I don't care what they're saying. This thing has been done for months. It gets announced right on the eve of the season? What a coincidence! I said back during the summer either here or on Sabrespace that this thing was done and they were going to hold onto in until the right time and that's exactly what they did. I don't blame them for doing that. I'd probably do the exact same thing if I was in their shoes.

My guess is they probably would have announced it slightly sooner, but the strong start of the Bills made that not necessary.