Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Just now, MtlBillsFan said:

Sorry guys. Habs will win this one. :D

That is my gut feeling as well. 

It will be during 2nd intermission yes.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

From NHL.com

The Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes and Montreal Canadiens have the top three picks in the 2018 NHL Draft.

The order of the top three, determined by the NHL Draft Lottery, will be announced during the second intermission of Game 2 of the Western Conference Second Round between the San Jose Sharks and Vegas Golden Knights (NBC, SN, CBC, TVAS).

Ah come on!

They are torture artists! lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Sure would be nice to get Dahlin wouldn't it.

Oh man I can hardly even imagine! 

It would really go a long ways in making up for missing on McDavid, and for the NHL changing the whole draft lottery system basically right at the start of our rebuild. 

Dahlin truly looks like a generational defensive prospect. 

I will be happy with any of the top 3 for the Habs. We don't get to pick high very often.

Well then, be happy because you got one of those 3! 

I am happy the Sabres won 1 of the 3 too. 

But having lost twice before after finishing last place and having the best odds (that has never happened before), I really don't want it to happen a 3rd time. 

I am definitely happy though. I really thought Buffalo would pick #4. Now at least we get one of the big 3 in this draft! 

BTW, congrats on landing a top 3 pick! 

Edited by BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oh man I can hardly even imagine! 

It would really go a long ways in making up for missing on McDavid, and for the NHL changing the whole draft lottery system basically right at the start of our rebuild. 

Dahlin truly looks like a generational defensive prospect. 

Sabrespace message board has been downright depressing.  Here is a post from Dudacek just before the initial lottery.

The Bogosian comment is hilarious.

Oh dear...

We are now losing the lottery...

trading Guhle to move up from 4 to 2...

drafting Tkachuk at 2...

signing Lehner to a four-year, $20-million deal...

Tyler Bozak to a five-year, $25-million deal...

watching Kane sign with the Leafs for a five year, $20 million deal...

trading O'Reilly, Scandella and a our 2nd to the Oilers for Nugent-Hopkins and Larsson...

...and listening to Terry Pegula say "he will be a Sabre for as long as he wants to be" at the press conference announcing Bogosian's 8-year extension

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sabrespace message board has been downright depressing.  Here is a post from Dudacek just before the initial lottery.

The Bogosian comment is hilarious.

Oh dear...

We are now losing the lottery...

trading Guhle to move up from 4 to 2...

drafting Tkachuk at 2...

signing Lehner to a four-year, $20-million deal...

Tyler Bozak to a five-year, $25-million deal...

watching Kane sign with the Leafs for a five year, $20 million deal...

trading O'Reilly, Scandella and a our 2nd to the Oilers for Nugent-Hopkins and Larsson...

...and listening to Terry Pegula say "he will be a Sabre for as long as he wants to be" at the press conference announcing Bogosian's 8-year extension

Did you say this on Saberspace too? Oh wait, I saw the beginning of what you said, nevemind

Edited by Watkins101

Just now, RiotAct said:

?

we ARE talking about the NHL Draft Lottery, right?

Draft Lottery... Sabres...

Cmon now...this isn’t one of those whoa is me, the lottery is fixed takes...as it stand we have a 60% chance at Dahlin and a 90% chance at Svechnikov

2 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Like the NHL did for Mario Lemieux with his floundering Penguin franchise giving him Crosby and Edmonton and Toronto,  the fix would seem in for Montreal.

Stop it. There is no fix. Edmonton got spoiled with all the first picks I agree but they still suck.

Montreal does'nt need any saving. This franchise is a money printing machine, win or lose. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the amazing thing about the NHL. They were more concerned with keeping Edmonton happy than sticking McDavid in Boston or NY. Now they have playoff games on the golf channel and half of the US has no idea who Connor McDavid is. The NHL had a chance to develop a star in a major market and potentially attract interest throughout the country.

It is mind-boggling that Bergman worked under David Stern. He was being trained by Yoda and ended up as C3P0.  I hope that arena is really turning out big bucks. 

There is no way in H that the nhl wanted McDavid on Edmonton.  It was a nightmare scenario.  It was McDavid's last choice as well because he had a personal beef with the oilers' owner.  Pretty much any other destination would be more favorable.  You could be even read the disgusted look on Daly's face when it happened.