Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Just now, aceman_16 said:

Yeah.  They will get a generational Defensemen,  a goal scorer or a play maker.  Prefer 1st but 2 and 3 are good prizes.

Yup. Obviously I want #1 but at least we got 1 of the big 3. 

Dahlin is obviously our biggest need (potential #1 defenseman). But Zadina would fill a huge area of need too - pure goal scoring sniper (like ovechkin but a lefty). 

IMO Svechnikov is less of a need with eichel, Reinhart, Mittelstadt all being god play makers but I'd take him as a consolation prize! lol 

Canada owns the NHL ! Montreal has No.1 on a BS Lottery ! The only reason Edmonton won the lottery was because they were opening a $850 million arena and they wanted the Canada McDavid ! I'll be shocked if we win !

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Now we just have to wait until the 1st intermission to find out if its1, 2 or 3... 

Could be wrong but is it not 2nd intermission. Correct me if im wrong, this wait is killing me

8 minutes ago, holmz56 said:

Canada owns the NHL ! Montreal has No.1 on a BS Lottery ! The only reason Edmonton won the lottery was because they were opening a $850 million arena and they wanted the Canada McDavid ! I'll be shocked if we win !

That’s the amazing thing about the NHL. They were more concerned with keeping Edmonton happy than sticking McDavid in Boston or NY. Now they have playoff games on the golf channel and half of the US has no idea who Connor McDavid is. The NHL had a chance to develop a star in a major market and potentially attract interest throughout the country.

It is mind-boggling that Bergman worked under David Stern. He was being trained by Yoda and ended up as C3P0.  I hope that arena is really turning out big bucks. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Buffalo Has a Top Three Pick from the Draft Lottery
Just now, noacls said:

Could be wrong but is it not 2nd intermission. Correct me if im wrong, this wait is killing me

Originally I thought they were doing picks 15-4 during the 1st intermission and picks 4-1 during the 2nd intermission. 

But then they did picks 15-4 before the start of the game, so I am assuming they will do picks 4-1 during the 1st intermission. 

Ugh, at least I hope they do. My stomach is in knots waiting to find out. I am a nervous wreck.  I hate how much I am controlled by these Buffalo sports teams! lol 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, noacls said:

From NHL.com

The Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes and Montreal Canadiens have the top three picks in the 2018 NHL Draft.

The order of the top three, determined by the NHL Draft Lottery, will be announced during the second intermission of Game 2 of the Western Conference Second Round between the San Jose Sharks and Vegas Golden Knights (NBC, SN, CBC, TVAS).

• Thank you (+1) 1