Maclin or Decker? (If you could choose)

Decent point, but ... you're right that Holmes doesn't have Decker's level of talent. And Zay Jones is very much an unknown quantity. I actually see no reason to believe right now that he will be better than a Justin Hunter, who was, after all, a 1st round draft pick with a better resume than Jones just a few years ago. Fans always seem to prefer the new version and expect better results based more on wishful thinking than anything objective.

Was Hunter the all-time FBS reception leader coming out of college reunited with his college WR coach and possibly only expected to be WR3 as a rookie?

I think my point is that Holmes doesn't need Decker's level of talent, but just needs to be that big-bodied WR who can haul in 4 TDs in the redzone, which he has shown he can do.

Point is that most of our WRs are above-average-to-big-bodied, especially considering how big Watkins and, if he decides to come here, Maclin play.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent point, but ... you're right that Holmes doesn't have Decker's level of talent. And Zay Jones is very much an unknown quantity. I actually see no reason to believe right now that he will be better than a Justin Hunter, who was, after all, a 1st round draft pick with a better resume than Jones just a few years ago. Fans always seem to prefer the new version and expect better results based more on wishful thinking than anything objective.

2nd round pick.

Was Hunter the all-time FBS reception leader coming out of college reunited with his college WR coach and possibly only expected to be WR3 as a rookie?

I think my point is that Holmes doesn't need Decker's level of talent, but just needs to be that big-bodied WR who can haul in 4 TDs in the redzone, which he has shown he can do.

Point is that most of our WRs are above-average-to-big-bodied, especially considering how big Watkins and, if he decides to come here, Maclin play.

Zay Jones played at ECU, Hunter played in the SEC. That's like sending Hunter from the big leagues down to AA.

Zay Jones played at ECU, Hunter played in the SEC. That's like sending Hunter from the big leagues down to AA.

Yes, the SEC is better, but East Carolina still had NC State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Navy, and Temple, among others, on its 2016 schedule - hardly AA.

Over the last 2 years Zay played against Florida, VT (twice), NC State, SC and Navy. In those 6 games he averaged 11 catches and 116 yards a game. I'd say that's pretty good considering he is the main weapon that they were focused on.

Over the last 2 years Zay played against Florida, VT (twice), NC State, SC and Navy. In those 6 games he averaged 11 catches and 116 yards a game. I'd say that's pretty good considering he is the main weapon that they were focused on.

Further, Hunter had Cordarrelle Patterson across from him. Volunteers in his senior season played NC State, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, and South Carolina, among others. Better schedule? Sure, but they also stunk to the tune of 7 losses.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Further, Hunter had Cordarrelle Patterson across from him. Volunteers in his senior season played NC State, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, and South Carolina, among others. Better schedule? Sure, but they also stunk to the tune of 7 losses.

Patterson is a bum. Lets not forget that Hunter played with Da'Rick Rogers. DA'RICK F@#$ING ROGERS!!!!

I still go with neither. But that being said.

I am Picking Maclin - Much more dynamic WR, Also fits more of the mold of the QB. An outside the number take the top off WR, with Sammy out of the lineup you have lost that and that meant team could stack the box that much easier because the vertical threat was out of the Lineup.

Not to mention 2 offseason Surgeries for Decker (I want to stay away from older WR that just had two surgeries on different body parts this offseason).

Yes, the SEC is better, but East Carolina still had NC State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Navy, and Temple, among others, on its 2016 schedule - hardly AA.

Did Jerry Rice or Andre Reed played in SEC ?

BonhamRocks, your Zay crush is getting a bit tedious, like a Moby Dick drum solo that goes on for half an hour.

BonhamRocks, your Zay crush is getting a bit tedious, like a Moby Dick drum solo that goes on for half an hour.

Zay crush? Hardly, but I am excited for the Bills to have the all-time FBS reception leader. Color me crazy, but I think it helps the team to have a guy who has shown he can produce big numbers and comes off as a professional to boot.

And I dunno what I can do for you if you can't appreciate John Bonham for being the best drummer to ever live. My understanding is that hearing aid technology is cutting edge these days. In the alternative, I can suggest Debrox.

Zay crush? Hardly, but I am excited for the Bills to have the all-time FBS reception leader. Color me crazy, but I think it helps the team to have a guy who has shown he can produce big numbers and comes off as a professional to boot.

And I dunno what I can do for you if you can't appreciate John Bonham for being the best drummer to ever live. My understanding is that hearing aid technology is cutting edge these days. In the alternative, I can suggest Debrox.

He's not wrong, John Bonham is the best ever and its not even close