Decker to be cut or traded

Well, he did have a great game that everyone saw the highlights of. He must be great.

Being an SC Alum I'd suggest you look at his entire last season. The kid was nothing short of AWESOME!

With that said...let's see how 2017 goes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be cut, I don't think a team will be willing to part with assets to obtain a WR that has been dealing with injuries over the course of the past several seasons.

Before last season, he missed 4 games in 6 seasons.

Before last season, he missed 4 games in 6 seasons.

I felt he dealt with an injury the previous season with the Jets, believe it was a knee injury. And he is 30, rotator cuff injury will result in a loss of upper body strength. Will be hard for him to get separation and use his

Right now he is a medium risk according to http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/24062

Would it be worth it to throw the Jets a 6th round pick for the rights to Decker? I think his cap hit is like 7.25 million. Obviously we wouldn't pay him anything close to that. So do we have to wait for the Jets to release him? Can we trade for him and then renegotiate his contract? Obviously a moot point if we can't renegotiate

Would it be worth it to throw the Jets a 6th round pick for the rights to Decker? I think his cap hit is like 7.25 million. Obviously we wouldn't pay him anything close to that. So do we have to wait for the Jets to release him? Can we trade for him and then renegotiate his contract? Obviously a moot point if we can't renegotiate

....no, but why not?....coming off surgery, do you think clubs will be lining up for his services yet?......plenty of time IMO..........

Team that trades for him takes on essentially a two year deal with no cap hit. Year 1 is $7.25M base salary; Year 2 is $7.5M base salary. Its not a bad option if the team has $7.25 M in room for the coming year that it is willing to dedicate to Decker.

Team that trades for him takes on essentially a two year deal with no cap hit. Year 1 is $7.25M base salary; Year 2 is $7.5M base salary. Its not a bad option if the team has $7.25 M in room for the coming year that it is willing to dedicate to Decker.

If you offered that same deal to Maclin though, he would take it, and he is a better option than Decker for the Bills. Plus we save the 6th or 7th.

Giving a 6th round pick to guarantee you will get him is well worth it. I like the 2 years at 7.5 per with no money guaranteed. Plus I think he is a better fit for Taylor huge catch radius

...so what do you think the Mac deal was?.....

If you offered that same deal to Maclin though, he would take it, and he is a better option than Decker for the Bills. Plus we save the 6th or 7th.

Agree....The Ravens aren't in a position to create $7.25 million in space and if I were the Bills I wouldn't do this deal..

Well said.

(Was this not being discussed in enough places already?)