James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

I thought it was Comey's fault?

Millions of voters, millions of reasons for voting and not voting

I thought it was racism. And misogyny. And deplorables.

Democrats can't understand why they lost, because they're so dysfunctional that their understanding of politics has become as warped as their understanding of everything else: they think they'd be successful if it wasn't for everyone else victimizing them.

Oh, and the EC, duh

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the number one reason? Drum roll please...............

Hillary Clinton!!

People tend to give Trump less credit than I think he deserves for the campaign his team ran putting his win purely on the bad campaign Hillary ran. It's a combination of both, but Trump flipped a lot of Democrats in the blue states he with his anti trade rhetoric threatening companies with trade tariffs if they leave. I don't think Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz would of beaten Hillary Clinton.

Also, Trump wouldn't have won the Republican nomination if the 'GOP' vote wasn't splintered between 5+ candidates. If the RNC put out 3-5 candidates like the DNC did, Trump wouldn't be POTUS. It really was a perfect storm of events.

Also, Trump wouldn't have won the Republican nomination if the 'GOP' vote wasn't splintered between 5+ candidates. If the RNC put out 3-5 candidates like the DNC did, Trump wouldn't be POTUS. It really was a perfect storm of events.

Bullsh%t - there were 16 other candidates besides Trump at the beginning. Despite what you, I, or anyone thinks, he defeated everyone easily until he had to go head to head with "Lying Ted", which he again won easily. It's to the Republicans' credit that they had as many candidates as they did. It's an indictment of both Republicans and Democrats that Trump won. It's not a fluke or some kind of random chance that he won, it's because a hell of a lot of people are fed up with Washington that he won.

Can he actually capitalize on that? That's what remains to be seen. One thing is for sure - people from BOTH parties are sick to death of business as usual, and they agreed that Trump represented their best chance of being heard.

That ought to tell you everything you need to know about the R vs D dichotomy.

Bullsh%t - there were 16 other candidates besides Trump at the beginning. Despite what you, I, or anyone thinks, he defeated everyone easily until he had to go head to head with "Lying Ted", which he again won easily. It's to the Republicans' credit that they had as many candidates as they did. It's an indictment of both Republicans and Democrats that Trump won. It's not a fluke or some kind of random chance that he won, it's because a hell of a lot of people are fed up with Washington that he won.

Can he actually capitalize on that? That's what remains to be seen. One thing is for sure - people from BOTH parties are sick to death of business as usual, and they agreed that Trump represented their best chance of being heard.

I agree with this sentiment.

People are fed up with Washington because (imo) they're under the illusion that we still live in a functioning democratic republic and can't understand why it's functioning like a plutocracy. That confusion leads to anger, and also prevents any true national discussion or self reflection. Instead it drives people into their bunkers, safely tucked away behind their chosen partisan bubbles. The system has been broken from the inside to such a point that it's only a republic in the peoples' memory. Because of that, no president can fix the true problem.... assuming they'd want to fix it at all, of course.

It's going to take the people coming together and demanding their government back (peacefully that is). Focusing on party lines at this moment in history is only going to guarantee paralysis of action on the peoples' part. It allows us to be divided, distracted, and cowed into accepting the status quo.

/ramble

I thought it was racism. And misogyny. And deplorables.

Democrats can't understand why they lost, because they're so dysfunctional that their understanding of politics has become as warped as their understanding of everything else: they think they'd be successful if it wasn't for everyone else victimizing them.

The Dems perfected Identity Politics to a fine art. But what it's got them is nests of supporters that believe themselves to be victims of someone/something/somegroup/somecondition. They die their hair purple and dress in full body vagina costumes, **** on police cars, and sucker punch people they don't agree with.

Amen.

Dems just want to hold power, they will never seriously think of changing as they have no strong principles (which is very wise in a way.)

Third party success of Wallace and Perot (and Trump basically) came from disaffected GOP folk.

I agree with this sentiment.

People are fed up with Washington because (imo) they're under the illusion that we still live in a functioning democratic republic and can't understand why it's functioning like a plutocracy. That confusion leads to anger, and also prevents any true national discussion or self reflection. Instead it drives people into their bunkers, safely tucked away behind their chosen partisan bubbles. The system has been broken from the inside to such a point that it's only a republic in the peoples' memory. Because of that, no president can fix the true problem.... assuming they'd want to fix it at all, of course.

It's going to take the people coming together and demanding their government back (peacefully that is). Focusing on party lines at this moment in history is only going to guarantee paralysis of action on the peoples' part. It allows us to be divided, distracted, and cowed into accepting the status quo.

/ramble

While I agree with you on the main point, I disagree that it's from the inside out. We have EXACTLY the kind of functioning government the people chose, the courts permit, and that the Constitution allows.

Dems just want to hold power, they will never seriously think of changing as they have no strong principles (which is very wise in a way.) Third party success of Wallace and Perot (and Trump basically) came from disaffected GOP folk.

Ah, hem...

Robert Kennedy

Eugene McCarthy

Ralph Nader

While I agree with you on the main point, I disagree that it's from the inside out. We have EXACTLY the kind of functioning government the people chose, the courts permit, and that the Constitution allows.

the inside put the backing behind those inside guys. The inside put sotomayer, kagan and Ginsburg in. And that tonne is hard to sell as Ginsburg is another class of superior than kagan and sotomayer. The inside is fuct

nope, just opinions if the far left, the Russians didn't change one vote, America spoke and the liberals lost, thats a fact

This^^^

and now some liberal nutjob shoots up a rep baseball practice.

I see the liberals are being tolerant again! Idiots!

This^^^

the words tolerance and liberal do not go together, only if you agree with them

the inside put the backing behind those inside guys. The inside put sotomayer, kagan and Ginsburg in. And that tonne is hard to sell as Ginsburg is another class of superior than kagan and sotomayer. The inside is fuct

Because the outside is phucked. We are engaged in a civil cold war. And more and more people are becoming radicalized as a result.

This^^^

the words tolerance and liberal do not go together, only if you agree with them

Can you please share the profile of the shooter with the rest of us?

Same kind of idiotic rhetoric we saw after Jared Lee Loughner went on his rampage when some mindless on the left felt the need to politicize the event and blame conservatives.