Do all Bills fans hate Gronk?

Gronk is great, but there are two things that are Gronk related that get me angry...

1) Why didn't the Bills draft him? (I know he had injury concerns, but the Bills have drafted several other players with worse injuries)

2) Why can't the Bills defend him? (It's not like it's a surprise that he is there and he will burn you several times each game)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like most people I know, including Bills fans, love him. Personally, I'm not much of a fan but to each their own. I certainly don't mind him as much as Brady and Belichick though.

I did find it funny though that a lot of people defended him after he was dancing shortly after they lost the Superbowl to the Giants a few years back. I just feel like most Bills fans would have been irate if Kelly or Thomas had been caught dancing and partying after one of the Bills SB losses. Especially since many seem to think it was the partying the night before that cost us our Superbowls.

I feel like if anyone should have the proper perspective on this its Bills fans.

As long as you play your heart out on that field you can do whatever you want after you walk off. You earned that right.

If you walk onto that field carrying the hopes and dreams of an entire community and you can barely see straight. Well.

Apples and oranges really.

Also, if Kelly and company already had a few trophies in the case when they were seen dancing after a SB loss it probably wouldn't bother us as much as you'd think.

Edited by likei've

I like Gronk, great player and bigger-than-life character. I wish he was on the Bills, though I never pushed for him with the Troup pick and I don't remember anyone else doing so either at the time. I don't like the Pats, but I greatly respect them. I absolutely HATE everything else Boston: all the chowder heads, the Celtics, and especially the Red Sox.

Bills fans would give anything to have Gronk on the team. Hate the Pats. If anything Gronk makes them more tolerable

Blame Nix for that.

I have no problem with Gronk it's not his fault Buffalo drafted Troup instead.

Exactly.

I like Gronk, great player and bigger-than-life character. I wish he was on the Bills, though I never pushed for him with the Troup pick and I don't remember anyone else doing so either at the time. I don't like the Pats, but I greatly respect them. I absolutely HATE everything else Boston: all the chowder heads, the Celtics, and especially the Red Sox.

I'm with you, here. I was just having this conversation last night. Bunch of snobby, arrogant, obnoxious !@#$s, those Bostonians.

I will pray for them.

I seriously doubt he ever said he wouldn't play for the bills.

He seems really likeable, that pats team needs to lighten up anyway so I'm sure he helps in that regard.

Really an incredible tight end in his prime, sadly I don't see the guy ever finishing an NFL season again, he's a medical mess at this point.

I seriously doubt he ever said he wouldn't play for the bills.

He seems really likeable, that pats team needs to lighten up anyway so I'm sure he helps in that regard.

Really an incredible tight end in his prime, sadly I don't see the guy ever finishing an NFL season again, he's a medical mess at this point.

I think his family rooted for the Bills.

Gronk is great, but there are two things that are Gronk related that get me angry...

1) Why didn't the Bills draft him? (I know he had injury concerns, but the Bills have drafted several other players with worse injuries)

2) Why can't the Bills defend him? (It's not like it's a surprise that he is there and he will burn you several times each game)

For example Torell Troupe, who the Bills drafted one spot ahead of him.

Edited by Steve O

I'm with you, here. I was just having this conversation last night. Bunch of snobby, arrogant, obnoxious !@#$s, those Bostonians.

I will pray for them.

As soon as I hear that accent, they need a punch in the face. :)

On the other hand, I still absolutely HATE the Dolphins, but I don't have a problem with anything else Miami anymore. Most of the idiots in the stands who used to wave the white hankies are either in nursing homes or dead by now. :)

As soon as I hear that accent, they need a punch in the face. :)

On the other hand, I still absolutely HATE the Dolphins, but I don't have a problem with anything else Miami anymore. Most of the idiots in the stands who used to wave the white hankies are either in nursing homes or dead by now. :)

Living in Florida I have been to many Bills Phish games. At any given game the percentages remain the same. 1/3 third Bills fans, 1/3 Phish fans and close to 1/3 Jets fans who are the worst fans ever! Every fight in the stands involves a Jets at that game, every year after year!!

I think his family rooted for the Bills.

I have no clue if Gronk actually ever said he wouldn't have liked playing for the Bills. However, it's not implausible that a Bills fan would feel that way. There is a difference between being a fan and wanting a successful professional career. No one wants to work for an organization that has a reputation of being a loser. Why would Gronk? What would Gronk have amounted to playing with Trent and Fitz?

I will pray for them.

They've won many championships, kinda gives them the right to be obnoxious. Buffalo has mostly obnoxious fans and we haven't won squat.

....why hate the guy?...if he was wearing Buff blue, there'd be a luvfest as would be if Brady was at QB.......they hardly chose where they would land.....yet they are enviable good.......maybe 31 teams hated Buffalo when they drafted JP or Spent Trent (COUGH).......................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

They've won many championships, kinda gives them the right to be obnoxious. Buffalo has mostly obnoxious fans and we haven't won squat.

you seem uncomfortable in your skin.

No one has right to be obnoxious.

Gronk is a big fun Jock.

I have no ill feelings toward him.

Till the kickoff.

Years ago I was sitting next to a fan that kept cursing him out. He said though Rob said back when he was drafted he would never play for the Bills. He also said even though he's from Williamsville he still hated his guts. I didn't see that quoted anywhere about not playing for the Bills but I didn't disbelieve him.

Know he plays for Pats but is there more hatred for him than Brady?

So not one person has heard about this? I'm starting to think he didn't say this.