Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

right the ONLY season he's ever broke 4000. and to top it off he had a whopping 20 td to 15 int and an 83 rating..... and hasn't made the playoffs in 3 out of the last 4 seasons. I literally have no clue how anyone could argue flacco is anything but a middling average qb.

And they have no running game. And their defense is much better than the Bills., or was in 2016.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this I will agree with. but people around here trying to sell flacco sound absurd.

I think saying Taylor is better than Flacco is 55,000 times more absurd

10-5 playoff record = stud. Would have been in 2nd sb until bellychex pulled out the trick plays.

And they have no running game. And their defense is much better than the Bills., or was in 2016.

as a general rule his defense and team overall has been better than most. which is why the guy could consistently put up unimpressive numbers his whole career and keep winning games.

this I will agree with. but people around here trying to sell flacco sound absurd.

He is not great, but good enough. He has proven that when the right weapons are in place. Dixon looked good once he got healthy the running game should be improved. I look for Baltimore to have a bounce back season. I said that before the Maclin decision, I have doubts he can stay healthy anyways. So him skipping town doesn't bother me too much.

10-5 playoff record = stud. Would have been in 2nd sb until bellychex pulled out the trick plays.

I never said that. I said the notion that flacco is elite is downright comical.

Flacco also did himself no favors in that game by lobbing an interception in the end zone and sealing the defeat. He is much more valuable than Taylor though.

right the ONLY season he's ever broke 4000. and to top it off he had a whopping 20 td to 15 int and an 83 rating..... and hasn't made the playoffs in 3 out of the last 4 seasons. I literally have no clue how anyone could argue flacco is anything but a middling average qb.

hey, at least he had 400 yards last season.

your missing my point.... that being, Maclin had a choice between Flacco and Taylor. obviously he chose Flacco because he thought Joe would give a better shot at getting a better deal on his next contract. it's not really that hard to fathom.

Context: Ravens have a bad running game. Context: The players you listed are all stars compared to the WRs TT had to work with most of 2016. Context: The record is always important to you concerning TT, so don't leave out Baltimore went 8-8 with Flacco, and had a much better defense than the Bills.

yep, apparently you missed the context.

He is not great, but good enough. He has proven that when the right weapons are in place. Dixon looked good once he got healthy the running game should be improved. I look for Baltimore to have a bounce back season. I said that before the Maclin decision, I have doubts he can stay healthy anyways. So him skipping town doesn't bother me too much.

people have been riding the ravens since their superbowl run and the truth of it is they have done next to nothing. and over the last 4 years have basically been an average to bad team. i don't think they are scaring many. but who knows. teams can rebound. one thing has been pretty constant though. flacco's play. its pretty pedestrian as a whole and the talent they have around him as a team usually reflects in their record. when they have a d they usually win for him. when they don't he doesn't elevate and they go 8-8. average.

as for maclin.... i'm a little disappointed he woulda been a really cool #2 option, but the optimist in me thinks him going elsewhere will put the emergence of jones into overdrive. i hope he wins that starting spot and never looks back!

Flacco also did himself no favors in that game by lobbing an interception in the end zone and sealing the defeat. He is much more valuable than Taylor though.

292 yards 4 Td's ? Didn't lee Evans drop the game winner or something.

Lee Evans big moment. Lolz.

It would've been nice to sign Maclin on the cheap, but whatever. Here are some encouraging musings on the Decker front:

Jets released WR Eric Decker.

After announcing they planned to trade or release him at the end of last week, the Jets were true to their word. They saved $7.25M in cap space. The 30-year-old receiver is returning from hip and shoulder surgeries, but should have no issue finding immediate work. The Bills and Eagles are potential suitors given their pursuit of Jeremy Maclin.

NFL Network's Mike Garofolo "highly doubts" the Eagles will pursue free agent Eric Decker.

Garofolo says the Eagles made a run at Jeremy Maclin "because they like him and he likes them," but otherwise Philly is "comfortable with their receiver corps as is." Even after landing Maclin, the Ravens maintain interest in Decker and are probably the favorites to land him. The Bills lost out on Maclin, but it's unclear if their wide receiver interest would extend to Decker.

292 yards 4 Td's ? Didn't lee Evans drop the game winner or something.

Lee Evans big moment. Lolz.

2012? We're talking more recent history here. You do know the last four seasons both organizations have almost the same record.

people have been riding the ravens since their superbowl run and the truth of it is they have done next to nothing. and over the last 4 years have basically been an average to bad team. i don't think they are scaring many. but who knows. teams can rebound. one thing has been pretty constant though. flacco's play. its pretty pedestrian as a whole and the talent they have around him as a team usually reflects in their record. when they have a d they usually win for him. when they don't he doesn't elevate and they go 8-8. average.

as for maclin.... i'm a little disappointed he woulda been a really cool #2 option, but the optimist in me thinks him going elsewhere will put the emergence of jones into overdrive. i hope he wins that starting spot and never looks back!

It would have been fun to see Maclin out there but I agree, a one year rental on Maclin isn't going to turn the tide. If he played well he was going to get paid elsewhere. Let's see what Zay can do. If Whaley was on his toes we would have drafted a legitimate option last season at WR but the past is the past. Hopefully McD and Beane are forward thinkers who can address needs in advance instead of depending on rookies for big time production.

Hey, good for Maclin. It may turn out well for him or it could be a bad decision, we will see. But as always, I want guys who want to be here...that is important

to the whole team concept. You know who does want to be here and to get their shot? Guys like Jones, Holmes, and Brown. They may feel they have even

more to prove now (after the Maclin scare).

Let's see what you got Zay, Andre, and Philly. Stay young and hungry Bills!