Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Well D'uh!

We could have told Charles that.

Just listened to it...it was on the John Murphy show today--about the 1 hour and 27 minute mark of the archived show on bb.com is where he discusses Maclin

Summary:

Robinson said Maclin's camp sees the Bills as the best fit

A place where he can thrive and reach any incentives in his contract

They view this as his last chance at a significant pay day

They are continuing to weigh options and are not in any apparent hurry

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this quote was posted before but I love Zay Jones' attitude about the possibility of signing Maclin:

"I think that having the caliber of player like him coming to here, whether he chooses us or goes somewhere else, we're just going to be great. I was excited... He's a great person and a great player. I talked to him for a little bit. To learn from him and Sammy, would be a dream come true for me. I don't see it as a threat. We're here to win, everybody is here to win. The Super bowl is the ultimate goal. A playoff run is the ultimate goal, so however we can get that done, I'm all in... Whether he ends up here, or wherever he is, I wish him the best of luck and if he is here, that's just all the better for us."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/06/buffalo_bills_wr_zay_jones_doesnt_feel_threatened_by_jeremy_maclin_visit.html

Edited by hondo in seattle

If this thread were an apple tree we would have a lot of apples.

and probably some pears and oranges.... :-)

It's official folks!! Maclin 7 yrs/ $92 million, $90.5 million guaranteed.

So he decided on the Browns?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It's official folks!! Maclin 7 yrs/ $92 million, $90.5 million guaranteed.1

Wow! Even for Pegula, guaranteeing $90.5 million is a lot. Giving Maclin $13 million per until he's 36 seems a bit risky, and may very well define the McDermotte/Beane era, the way the Watkins trade defined Whaley. We definitely have some weapons on offense now, but this one may eventually come back to bight us.

Wow! Even for Pegula, guaranteeing $90.5 million is a lot. Giving Maclin $13 million per until he's 36 seems a bit risky, and may very well define the McDermotte/Beane era, the way the Watkins trade defined Whaley. We definitely have some weapons on offense now, but this one may eventually come back to bight us.

Hot damn man! Where is your ability to read into sarcasm and/or trolling? There is no chance in hell that Maynard has an ounce of truth to that statement.

Crusher does not want success for the Bills as long as TT is the QB. His agenda from the BBMB is still going strong.

I do not believe this team is going to have success as long as TT is the QB...this is a huge thing you have never seemed to have grasped.

The real agenda here is you firmly representing an average to below average player every time someone posts something non flattering of said player.

that train is NEVER late. LOL.... i've been dipping in and out of this thread looking for updates and occasional laughs from the side topics and as soon as posts shifts towards taylor, who do you think tosses his hat into the ring? haha. wasnt one bit surprised.

And as soon as I post, another one of my stalkers shows up.

I do not believe this team is going to have success as long as TT is the QB...this is a huge thing you have never seemed to have grasped.

The real agenda here is you firmly representing an average to below average player every time someone posts something non flattering of said player.

You are both right and both wrong depending on how you define "success." Can the Bills win 10 games and grab a WC spot with Tyrod? Absolutely. Can they maybe even win a playoff game? Possibly. Can they get past the Patriots? Almost certainly not. That's why this argument goes round and round.

I understand your agenda...errr...I mean...position. That being said, you do spend an abnormal number of posts dwelling on this belief.

I was fortunate to be at the Monday Nighter and see the player that Tyrod can be when the passing game is opened up. He picked apart an elite defense (Yes, without Bennett, but still elite). Is it possible that this is the player Dennison's offense can produce and are his low passing yards a product of his low attempts/game as designed in the prior offense which was more run-heavy than any in the league?

A lot of stats have been released detailing his success as a pocket passer when asked to stand in there. I 100% am aware that he is not elite, but we have seen far worse QB's take their team deep in the playoffs. Hell, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl!

The anti-Tyrod crowd gets tiresome. We know he is the QB for the immediate future, the players stand behind him and he is far from a bad leader. I'm not asking to have everyone drink the kool aid, I'm just asking to put down the pitchforks because you have zero say in the actual matter.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

I asked people if they would bring back Tyrod if he won 7 games or less. Not a person said they would move on.

Tyrod Taylor is like the Trump presidency, folks. It's happening. So deal with it and stop whining like a little skank, or go sit in the corner until you are ready to join the group.

I don't know who you are, but I can assure you that posts like this one will surely do you no good if you want to actually have actual discussion here.

Maybe you have a rep here, maybe not...all I know is you sound like a fake tough guy and it's cute, funny, and pathetic all rolled into one.

Don't try to tell anyone how to conduct themselves or what they can discuss if you can't go about it in a respectful manner.

All the good food out there and we are already back at TT? Wrong thread foo

I do wish to discuss polenta. Man I love that stuff grilled with a bit of olive oil and some seasoning salt!

like Cindy Crawford's mole

It's a beauty mark dammit!

I understand your agenda...errr...I mean...position. That being said, you do spend an abnormal number of posts dwelling on this belief.

I was fortunate to be at the Monday Nighter and see the player that Tyrod can be when the passing game is opened up. He picked apart an elite defense (Yes, without Bennett, but still elite). Is it possible that this is the player Dennison's offense can produce or are his low passing yards a product of his low attempts/game as designed in the prior offense which was more run-heavy than any in the league.A lot of stats have been released detailing his success as a pocket passer when asked to stand in there. I 100% am aware that he is not elite, but we have seen far worse QB's take their team deep in the playoffs. Hell, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl!

Give me another topic that has some bearing on this team that's worth discussing and you'll get my thoughts on it. Trust me when I tell you that's all this is right now. I'll be involved in plenty other topics when they warrant real discussion.

The Seahawks went into that game playing the run and looking to keep Tyrod from leaving the pocket. They were also without Chancellor as well as Bennett. And FTR, their plan worked...even though the game was probably closer than they anticipated. TT failed when he had the chance to win that game...a game where the defense make crucial stops late to give Taylor his shot that he couldn't deliver on.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl a lifetime ago...a year after the Bills made their last playoff appearance. Teams don't succeed like that anymore...you need a QB to win games in the end. Too many games are close and come down to a play her or there.

I respect your thoughts, but I simply do not have the same belief you do in the QB and what he can achieve, and that's fine.

TT is gonna lead the Bills to a SUPERBOWL...

I don't think that's the case, but if he wins 7 games this year, with the complete overhaul that the Bills have had and the schedule they face, it wouldn't be surprising and I'm not even sure that those wins/losses might be the stats that OBD examines when determining his future as a Bill. We want to see a winning program, and this is without question. However, a squad that is communally heading in the right direction and is playing the football designed by the staff would be progress relative to the last few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see TT return after a 6 or 7 win season.

Tyrod was brought back by the play not to lose head coach. However, when coaches play not to lose they lose.

Ohhh...so you are aware of McD's head coaching history? Or, is it the crystal ball you carry that has you of this belief?

I asked people if they would bring back Tyrod if he won 7 games or less. Not a person said they would move on.

Not surprising at all to me. Many on the deceased BBMB said they were fine with keeping Tyrod even if he's not good enough because he's an exciting player and at least the team is competitive with him as opposed to the garbage we've had for years before him.

These guys are defeated fans...happy just to not be at the bottom, and to maybe have a bone tossed our way if everything goes right with a one and done playoff appearance.

Anyways...back to the food and Maclin discussion, folks. I believe he just wanted to check out another option he felt could be a good fit for him. I think he most likely ends up here, but I don't think he's going to make a huge impact. I think he's injury riddled, and I don't think he will get much more than the occasional deep look on this team...maybe this is why he wants a longer deal and is possibly looking for a more pass oriented team. JMO

I don't think that's the case, but if he wins 7 games this year, with the complete overhaul that the Bills have had and the schedule they face, it wouldn't be surprising and I'm not even sure that those wins/losses might be the stats that OBD examines when determining his future as a Bill. We want to see a winning program, and this is without question. However, a squad that is communally heading in the right direction and is playing the football designed by the staff would be progress relative to the last few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see TT return after a 6 or 7 win season.

Ohhh...so you are aware of McD's head coaching history? Or, is it the crystal ball you carry that has you of this belief?

Thank you for your honesty. May I ask how losing more games than the year before is "going in the right direction"?

I do agree that Tyrod will be brought back in 2018 even if he fails again.

What I don't get is that TT seems to be praised or at least accepted as a playmaker not only by national media, but by other teams' fans as well. Many a comment I have seen stating that we were foolish for keeping him in flux, and many other teams would be happy to have him.

Are we just blind?

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

Would you like to bet on the Bills wins and losses over their first 8 games?

Ive got 4-4 or 5-3. They're beating the Jets twice, win 1 of @ Carolina or home to Denver, lose at Atlanta, win 1 of @Bengals or home to Tampa, and home to Oakland is a toss-up. They probably need to be 5-3 through 8 to be a playoff team.

Thank you for your honesty. May I ask how losing more games than the year before is "going in the right direction"?

I do agree that Tyrod will be brought back in 2018 even if he fails again.

I don't think that losing more games than the year before is going in the right direction as a stat on its own. I think we can all agree that last year was a major opportunity to end the playoff drought. We had the schedule and the players (less a couple of injured picks and Sammy) to do it. Rex and his BS scheme and lack of NFL level head coaching ability blew it. We go into this season with a strong, by all accounts and historical stats, coaching staff and some holes at key positions (Safety, LB and back-up RB stand out to me).I know that it may be an excuse, but this schedule is daunting and we don't often see immediate success from teams with complete staff overhauls. I think we'll all know when we see this team play whether we are headed in the right direction or not. A focused, driven team playing within the right scheme shows up on the field in ways the schittshau of last season never did.

Tyrod was brought back by the play not to lose head coach. However, when coaches play not to lose they lose.

Sometimes you should really think through what you type out, proof read or something. It might help you in the long run. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

I don't think that losing more games than the year before is going in the right direction as a stat on its own. I think we can all agree that last year was a major opportunity to end the playoff drought. We had the schedule and the players (less a couple of injured picks and Sammy) to do it. Rex and his BS scheme and lack of NFL level head coaching ability blew it. We go into this season with a strong, by all accounts and historical stats, coaching staff and some holes at key positions (Safety, LB and back-up RB stand out to me).I know that it may be an excuse, but this schedule is daunting and we don't often see immediate success from teams with complete staff overhauls. I think we'll all know when we see this team play whether we are headed in the right direction or not. A focused, driven team playing within the right scheme shows up on the field in ways the schittshau of last season never did.

Should not better coaching and the addition of top players drafted for Sean's system be better than Rex in wins and losses?

Ive got 4-4 or 5-3. They're beating the Jets twice, win 1 of @ Carolina or home to Denver, lose at Atlanta, win 1 of @Bengals or home to Tampa, and home to Oakland is a toss-up. They probably need to be 5-3 through 8 to be a playoff team.

You think Tyrod will outduel Derek Carr and Jameis Winston? I miss the days when I could Billieve.

Can I get in on over 2-6? I'll give you 2-1. $1000

That's a push and if they can go 1-5 as an underdog against anyone else you win. That would be a terrible bet.

They will beat the jets twice and probably win 3 games out of the first 8. O/u 4 through the first 8 even bet I'm in.

Make that O/U 3.5 and you get two free wins against the Jets.

Edited by Commonsense