At what point did the 90's nostalgia wear off for you?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Polian said something along the lines of that group of men during that era were special, unlikely to be seen again... he was correct, it was a special run the NFL, SB or no Super Bowl.

These days, I'll go to a bar and watch Bills TNF or SNF or MNF games, but most I skip. I used to go to a Bills bar and watch each week until the season was over, so by Halloween sometimes, but I found I like to be more productive on Sundays as I've gotten older. I get the Broncos games in my house for free, they're always competitive, I've taken a liking to following them, but I'll always be a Buffalo fan.

I watched all of Kelly's 1992 TD passes in YouTube recently... it struck me how ancient that footage looked.

I think some people are misinterpreting what I was meant in my OP. I never stopped watching the Bills or caring this whole time, i just can't keep living off the glory year memories, I need new ones!!! And I think the McDermott/Beane regime is just what we need to finally get over the hump

I think some people are misinterpreting what I was meant in my OP. I never stopped watching the Bills or caring this whole time, i just can't keep living off the glory year memories, I need new ones!!! And I think the McDermott/Beane regime is just what we need to finally get over the hump

I think most Bills fan feel like they have nothing to lose, like whether the Bills suck, or fall short or half ass as an organization... nothing is lost.

it didn't used to be like that, there was a ton to lose. It's an awful feeling.

The Bills were kicking ass during my college years- great period in my life! My die hard enthusiam finally ended when Mularkey lost to Pittsburgh's back-ups preventing a playoff birth. I was free and single then. Now I have a wife and kids. My enthusiasm for the Bills will never be what it was.

When Greg Williams was hired and dumped the greatest MY OF ALL TIME Ted Washington, 3-13 good job grego.

I know Donahoe was in charge when they opted not to re-sign Pat Williams. That set the franchise back nearly a decade.

The Bills were kicking ass during my college years- great period in my life! My die hard enthusiam finally ended when Mularkey lost to Pittsburgh's back-ups preventing a playoff birth. I was free and single then. Now I have a wife and kids. My enthusiasm for the Bills will never be what it was.

I was married in '85 and I think we had back to back 2-14 seasons. My wife asked "why do you do this to yourself?" We had our first son in '89 and he sat in my lap watching the draft a few weeks later. When the second son was born a few years later, my wife had learned it was best to take the kids and 2 dogs for a 3 hour walk on Sundays. Kind neighbors usually took them in. You are correct, it will NEVER be like that again, but not because of the Bills. I've grown up - or, more accurately, grown old.

I'll put it this way...the next time the Bills do actually make the Playoffs, it's going to take a at least a year for me to think that it was anything more than a total fluke. The last fifteen years have really taken a toll on this old fan.

I'll put it this way...the next time the Bills do actually make the Playoffs, it's going to take a at least a year for me to think that it was anything more than a total fluke. The last fifteen years have really taken a toll on this old fan.

Certainly fair enough. I hope they do it (payoffs or not) in a way that makes us all feel better about the direction, and give us all a little more hope. I'm good with going in the right direction and a solid plan for this year.