How do you keep your cats from peeing all over everything

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another trick (learned this when I worked in Missions in Peru in 1989):

Find a Peruvian Rectangular cactus plant. Cut it in 3" square chunks. Set it aside.

Then get a gallon of antifreeze and soak 100 QTips in it until they are saturated. Buy a AirWick deoderizer and dismantle the wick and retain the liquid. Pour the AirWick Green Mountain oil into a test tube and add three cotton balls.

Then take the cotton balls and attach 3 feet of 10lb test fishing line to each cotton ball. Next, tie the fishing line (with each cotton ball) to your ceiling fan and door knobs. Use a Sharpie and draw a smiley face on each cotton ball.

Let the cats see the devices and attack the cotton balls. The aroma will force them to seek outside areas to discharge.

Seriously. This one works.

Here's another trick (learned this when I worked in Missions in Peru in 1989):

Find a Peruvian Rectangular cactus plant. Cut it in 3" square chunks. Set it aside.

Then get a gallon of antifreeze and soak 100 QTips in it until they are saturated. Buy a AirWick deoderizer and dismantle the wick and retain the liquid. Pour the AirWick Green Mountain oil into a test tube and add three cotton balls.

Then take the cotton balls and attach 3 feet of 10lb test fishing line to each cotton ball. Next, tie the fishing line (with each cotton ball) to your ceiling fan and door knobs. Use a Sharpie and draw a smiley face on each cotton ball.

Let the cats see the devices and attack the cotton balls. The aroma will force them to seek outside areas to discharge.

Seriously. This one works.

That's ridiculous. The antifreeze required to saturate 100 QTips is far less than a gallon. Are you getting kickbacks from Prestone or something?

A gallon. How stupid do you think we are?

I neither confirm nor deny that I built something very similar to take care of a squirrel problem.

I advise you to refrain from further comment on this topic, lest you contribute to a squirrel uprising. You could be ground zero for their revolt!

We had flying squirrels in the attic. Clever pests, and expensive to get rid of.

I advise you to refrain from further comment on this topic, lest you contribute to a squirrel uprising. You could be ground zero for their revolt!

We had flying squirrels in the attic. Clever pests, and expensive to get rid of.

Nervous Guy started it!

Do you realize there may be a few who do NOT read your blog? Just play it safe, that's all I'm saying. Don't blame NG.

NG's the one that had to cut down trees in his yeard for DirecTV, then had a home invasion of stupid squirrels lo those many years ago.

Yes, I remember that, 15 or so years ago. I can forget my own birthday...but I remember that ****. I really ought to use my powers for good.

That's ridiculous. The antifreeze required to saturate 100 QTips is far less than a gallon. Are you getting kickbacks from Prestone or something?

A gallon. How stupid do you think we are?

I forgot the corn starch. John - remember the corn stach!! Or substitute in saw dust from 100 board feet of 5/4 red oak.

NG's the one that had to cut down trees in his yeard for DirecTV, then had a home invasion of stupid squirrels lo those many years ago.

Yes, I remember that, 15 or so years ago. I can forget my own birthday...but I remember that ****. I really ought to use my powers for good.

Ehhh, or you can settle for this, a/k/a "good enough". GREAT would be beyond us for sure....

NG deserved it! By taking their homes away, he was inviting them in.

(Sort of.)

I still hate those varmints....btw that is the correct spelling for varmit...anyway, so my squirrel problem has abated, but then we had an invasion of voles, that also abated...currently we are overrun with chipmunks. I hate those cute !@#$ers, I try running them over when I drive in and out of the driveway but they dodge me at the very last moment, my dogs are useless, I'm thinking of getting a BB gun and picking them off one by one....sigh...frickin nature..

I play with a couple guys who never air their gear out. That would be an improvement.

Good way to get staph? The new resistant staph that is getting around. Didn't Jay McKee get a staph infection and cost us (debatable) Stanley Cup? We would have surely beat Edmonton.

Oh... And John... Holy smokes, you got real problems. I (wife, not my doing) have 3 cats and I am in Chef's camp.... They are gone if any hint I can't manage those three any more!

Ever since our Squaw Valley trip a couple of years ago... They used to all go in the same litter box... I suspect my lazy neighbor wasn't doing his job well enough... One cat (the older one, like that is obvious) is acting all squirrely with the other two... But something we have to control and intervene constantly. No messes though, just good intervention and management. But it is exhausting. As soon as my son gets back to Iowa City and his apartment, he's taking it off my hands!

And I just wanted to say:

"Some people got the real problems

Some people out of luck

Some people think I can solve them

Lord heavens above

I'm only human after all

I'm only human after all

Don't put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

Don't ask my opinion

Don't ask me to lie

Then beg for forgiveness