How do you keep your cats from peeing all over everything

I still hate those varmints....btw that is the correct spelling for varmit...anyway, so my squirrel problem has abated, but then we had an invasion of voles, that also abated...currently we are overrun with chipmunks. I hate those cute !@#$ers, I try running them over when I drive in and out of the driveway but they dodge me at the very last moment, my dogs are useless, I'm thinking of getting a BB gun and picking them off one by one....sigh...frickin nature..

Huh?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still hate those varmints....btw that is the correct spelling for varmit...anyway, so my squirrel problem has abated, but then we had an invasion of voles, that also abated...currently we are overrun with chipmunks. I hate those cute !@#$ers, I try running them over when I drive in and out of the driveway but they dodge me at the very last moment, my dogs are useless, I'm thinking of getting a BB gun and picking them off one by one....sigh...frickin nature..

Just make sure your neighbors know it's a bb gun, or they may call the cops on you.

Try looking up "chipper dipper" and peruse some of those video's.

:lol: I love it! I also saw a rolling "log" mouse trap I might try too! We are in the epicenter of Lyme disease too!

I've had fair results with the bucket, also got a bird for example. I had the most luck with the bucket bait mouse/rat traps using peanut butter and bird seed. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Kness-102-0-019-Snap-E-Mouse-Trap-6/dp/B004B9XPOO

There's a couple guys that video their pellet guns too, come a long way from the open sights of the 70's that I used.

Just make sure your neighbors know it's a bb gun, or they may call the cops on you.

And if the cops show up, make a threatening gesture with the toy gun please? The world will soon be a better place without that person...

What harm do squirrels do??

I live a block from High Park with several small groves of trees nearby and daily feed them peanuts and almonds and walnuts, Lake Ontario makes it all lush and green and High Park is a modern day miracle of maintenance and forestry for its location.

Learned a lot about them, not a fun life, try to make sure they survive the pitfalls of living in trees through whatever the winter and predators toss at them.

HOWEVER.... they are a terrible nuisance if they get into people's homes, for which I understand it's now a problem to be dealt with...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Park

Edited by row_33

I live a block from High Park with several small groves of trees nearby and daily feed them peanuts and almonds and walnuts, Lake Ontario makes it all lush and green and High Park is a modern day miracle of maintenance and forestry for its location.

Learned a lot about them, not a fun life, try to make sure they survive the pitfalls of living in trees through whatever the winter and predators toss at them.

HOWEVER.... they are a terrible nuisance if they get into people's homes, for which I understand it's now a problem to be dealt with...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Park

Oh, I've never had that problem with them.

Oh, I've never had that problem with them.

Trouble is you feed them and start to identify them and cheer for them to survive, and there's really no hope they will make it through 3 winters...

some have learned to eat by hand and almost become pets then they are gone forever one day....

Trouble is you feed them and start to identify them and cheer for them to survive, and there's really no hope they will make it through 3 winters...

some have learned to eat by hand and almost become pets then they are gone forever one day....

....Carried away by a hawk! LoL

One of Our "Woodland Friends" I saw that happen to. I hope it is the squirrel that was raiding our bird feeder! ;-)

Peril from each other, from raccoons, from the weather, from the sky (hawks and other big birds), from cars, from mean people...

Not an easy life, I enjoy seeing a familiar squirrel that survives when the spring returns.

We have a large concentration of black squirrels around High Park, I understand this is a bit rare.

Peril from each other, from raccoons, from the weather, from the sky (hawks and other big birds), from cars, from mean people...

Not an easy life, I enjoy seeing a familiar squirrel that survives when the spring returns.

We have a large concentration of black squirrels around High Park, I understand this is a bit rare.

Melanism right?

My father worked on the Erie-Lackawanna RR he said he would see a few melanistic deer around the Mt.Morris/Letchworth area. Melanism in deer in New York isn't common, I think Texas has the highest concentration of the melanistic deer.

Melanism in squirrels I THINK is fairly more (i say more) common and spread out. ??

Melanism right?

My father worked on the Erie-Lackawanna RR he said he would see a few melanistic deer around the Mt.Morris/Letchworth area. Melanism in deer in New York isn't common, I think Texas has the highest concentration of the melanistic deer.

Melanism in squirrels I THINK is fairly more (i say more) common and spread out. ??

Yup, melanism is the concept.

They consider them all Eastern Gray squirrels, the black and brown and gray.

But the gray is a different beast from the black in terms of size and adaptation features.