Which one of these players would you want on the BILLS.

1 Cameron Erving C

1 Nelson Agholor WR

1 Cedric Ogbuehi OT

1 Bud Dupree OLB 4-3

1 Shane Ray DE

1 D. J. Humphries OT

1 Shaq Thompson OLB 4-3

1 Breshad Perriman WR

1 Byron Jones CB

1 Laken Tomlinson G

1 Phillip Dorsett WR

1 Damarious Randall S

1 Stephone Anthony LB

1 Malcom Brown DT

2 Landon Collins † S

2 Donovan Smith OT

2 Mario Edwards, Jr. DE

2 T. J. Yeldon RB

2 Devin Smith WR

2 Preston Smith DE

2 Eddie Goldman DT

2 Dorial Green-Beckham WR

2 Devin Funchess WR

2 Jalen Collins CB

2 Benardrick McKinney ILB

2 Hau'oli Kikaha OLB

2 Eric Kendricks ILB

2 Jaquiski Tartt S

2 Eric Rowe CB

2 Denzel Perryman ILB

These are the players that we lost out on chosing on picking from by trading our 1st round pick for Sammy Watkins. For me there may be a couple of players worth taking (Landon Colllins who went by the way as the 1st pick in the 2nd round but not as many as the media would like for you to believe. Hindsight is 20/20 but for the most part non of these players would have ended the playoff drought.

Edited by Protocal69

khalil mack

whaley "hit" on this trade up....Sammy is a stud

on the flip side...this is another example of the risks in putting all your eggs in one basket when it comes to injury

This is the 2015 draft the year after Watkins was taken where we didnt have a 1st round pick. NEXT

Edited by Protocal69

Flawed logic but I will play along. I'd rather have Kendricks than any combination of two of the Bills current LB's

Please explain how the logic is flawed when those was the players that were available. Also whats funny about your pick is that he was drafted in the 2nd round. Good player but not defensive changing especially in Rex Ryan system so he wouldn't have been the pick more than likely

Please explain how the logic is flawed when those was the players that were available. Also whats funny about your pick is that he was drafted in the 2nd round. Good player but not defensive changing especially in Rex Ryan system so he wouldn't have been the pick more than likely

It's excuse making at its finest. What number was the pick? Every player drafted after that should be listed, those are all the could haves should haves. While you're at it provide a list of every pick selected after the 4th round pick that was also included in the deal.

It's sloppy to say the trade wasn't bad because well....other teams drafted badly. The Bills tripping on their own feet has nothing to do with the other 31 teams.

It's excuse making at its finest. What number was the pick? Every player drafted after that should be listed, those are all the could haves should haves. While you're at it provide a list of every pick selected after the 4th round pick that was also included in the deal.

It's sloppy to say the trade wasn't bad because well....other teams drafted badly. The Bills tripping on their own feet has nothing to do with the other 31 teams.

The pick was #19 in the 1st.

Edited by Protocal69

In my opinion the weakness of the draft played into Whaley's thinking. Look Watkins hasn't become elite , if he did we wouldn't be having this conversation. Do Falcons fans complain about the A.j. green trade ?

Well the Falcons didn't trade for AJ Green, so that'd be silly.

Well the Falcons didn't trade for AJ Green, so that'd be silly.

Haha I think he means how they traded up for Julio Jones. but that's a once in a generation type player. I remember watching the combine and I was trying to decide whether or not Julio was human. the guy was off the charts. Watkins was just considered the best young WR out of a group of really good WR's. we had a lot to choose from that year. Mike Evans, OBJ, Benjamin. trading up that year was beyond dumb but I guess the OP's point is that there wasn't really anyone good available the next year at our pick but then you just trade down and get more picks imo

I'd take Odell Beckham or Mike Evans. Blessed with 20/20 hindsight, the pick is bad even without the extra 1st.

Give me Evans or Mack. Odell is fine without the move up, but he would be a MAJOR distraction with how many targets Sammy has seen.

In my opinion the weakness of the draft played into Whaley's thinking. Look Watkins hasn't become elite , if he did we wouldn't be having this conversation. Do Falcons fans complain about the A.j. green trade ?

I know you meant JJ. and I guarantee the Falcons fans were complaining like little Nancies here do non-stop.

JJ had the exact same injury and missed similar time and posted similar stats in the exact tenure with a much more superior QB. Let's see what Watkins does this year when fully healthy.

I just dont understand...

Watkins on a passing team and not injured is an elite WR. Youve seen the stuff hes done when hes out there. Hell....hes even done some amazing things on one foot.

You guys are ridiculous.

Its just very unfortunate he cant stay healthy.

I just dont understand...

Watkins on a passing team and not injured is an elite WR. Youve seen the stuff hes done when hes out there. Hell....hes even done some amazing things on one foot.

You guys are ridiculous.

Its just very unfortunate he cant stay healthy.

It just makes the decision to trade up for him even more ridiculous when you see that we're not a passing team and are not built to be one.

We trade up for a WR then go on to be a dominant rushing team in true Bills fashion.

Edited by Bangarang

I got the OP's point, the fact is it was a bad draft day trade, always will be because regardless of what Sammy does in a Bills uniform, we lost another potential high profile player, plus the OP forgot we also lost a 4th rounder, on top

The same could be aside for all of DW and HC Sean's trade up's, in each case we lost another player to get the one they insisted fit their system, yet the majority of these trade up's never amount to much, we will see what happens this year, and while might be monday morning QB'ing after the fact, in each case we might have been better off taking a lessor player plus the pick we traded away

I sure like the extra 1st rounder in 2018 though, and wish we'd have moved back like every year, or every 2nd year, and have all these potential extra young players

jc