LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the thread becomes an indictment on the secondary.

As far as the signing goes, I think it's great and this is a McForehead bread and butter singning. I have a feeling that we will add depth to the safety position later but most of our effectiveness on defense is going to come from the front 7, which is the way it should be.

but if he likes the D and is productive....you can get him signed long term next year.

....and end up paying a whole lot more.

I look at last offseason. The Bills like Alexander and Brown. Got them on one year deals. They got burned this year. Alexander got a huge raise and Brown isn't on team. If you like a guy that much, commit to them for a couple years.

All I hear about is trust the process nonsense. One year deals are not a process. We are not good enough to load up on one year deal guys.

I look at last offseason. The Bills like Alexander and Brown. Got them on one year deals. They got burned this year. Alexander got a huge raise and Brown isn't on team. If you like a guy that much, commit to them for a couple years.

All I hear about is trust the process nonsense. One year deals are not a process. We are not good enough to load up on one year deal guys.

The one year deals are typically the request of the agent in cases like this, not the team.

I'm not sure what you mean by a team not being "good enough" to do 1 year deals.

Brown didn't get much on the market. The Bills could've definitely brought him back if they wanted, but they didn't.

Wow, very nice addition. This D has legit potential to return to being top 5-10. So much potential on that side,Shaq,Reggie,Seymour,White, Adolphus,Poyer. I think even the most pessimistic of fans gotta be hopeful for the future, this team is really taking shape.

A much improved D equals a much better Tyrod as well.. As some pointed out, this just feels different than the last 15 years,

This - if the Bill's luck with injuries swings the other way. Depth across the board seems the biggest issue the team faces.

The one year deals are typically the request of the agent in cases like this, not the team.

I'm not sure what you mean by a team not being "good enough" to do 1 year deals.

Can't complain about the quality of the signing. Must find something else to B word about.

The nice thing about this signing is that it frees Lorax to play on the DL in select packages though I don't know how he will do in a 4-3.

Now onto Barnidge backup RB and backup safety watch

Hope the do get Barnidge...

I believe he thinks you should only do 1 year deals if you're a "contender." Practically these are common for all teams.

Brown didn't get much on the market. The Bills could've definitely brought him back if they wanted, but they didn't.

McD watched the tape of him quitting in the Pitt game

Far be it for me to complain but it does make you wonder.

Why is Hodges available to us this late.....why is he available at all?

Not sure either but it's only a average signing. Some here make him out to be TKO.

In 54 games the guy averages 4 tackles a game and has career 3.5 sacks. From a number standpoint that is very bland or average.

Hopefully Z.B or Lorax 2.0 for us.

Edited by Real McCoy

Not sure either but it's only a average signing. Some here make him out to be TKO.

In 54 games the guy averages 4 tackles a game and has career 3.5 sacks. From a number standpoint that is very bland or average.

Hopefully Z.B or Lorax 2.0 for us.

Right but isnt he still fairly young and improving by the year?

His tackles went up by 30 from year 1 to year 2 (if Im reading it correctly) and along with those 3.5 sacks also garned 2 interceptions last year.

I mean.....maybe im wrong but this looks like a young player that is improving every year and is coming off a really solid one.....are those the guys that teams are actually looking for? Hence the guys that should not be availble right now?

His tackles went up by 30 from year 1 to year 2 (if Im reading it correctly) and along with those 3.5 sacks also garned 2 interceptions last year.

I mean.....maybe im wrong but this looks like a young player that is improving every year and is coming off a really solid one.....are those the guys that teams are actually looking for? Hence the guys that should not be availble right now?

True, His numbers are going up. Not sure if that was due to leaving Minny or not though. It was a position of need no doubt. I really hope he exceeds as well here in our system.

It's just not a sure thing is all, but what is?

He was benched at the end of last season by Chip for violating team rules. Not sure what that was. McD obviously not only looking for choir boys if they can play. Otherwise, he was likely overvaluing himself on the market similar to Zach Brown. He certainly had a lot of interest, just waited to sign.