Rick Dennison interview on WGR

I try not to get too wrapped up when dealing with awful posters that only look to use straw man arguments to try and discredit a legit assertion based upon plenty of evidence that supports it, so pardon me if I come off that way... I really just don't care that much about posters who fail to counter me with anything of substance.

You have accomplished nothing here, and you're inability to produce anything to counter my original assertion is proof of you and the BS and rumor you are apparently against.

At least you have you're incredible grasp of the English language to hang your hat on...

Tyrod had 23 TD's in 15 games.

In order to even make a legitimate assertion that Tyrod would get two TD's in a game, you would surely start with providing me evidence that he scores that much on a per game basis, or so you would think. Unfortunately, he was seven TD's shy of such an average.

Not only does this lend credence to my original stance that Tyrod doesn't produce alot of points, but it also makes you're claim that Tyrod would definitely score two TD's in that game look completely unfounded and rather foolish TBH.

He scored 3 on them in the first game. The Jets had all but given up by the end of the season. Unfortunately Whaley had our team give up. Even if he scored one TD he still would be tied for 16th which is half the QBs. This stuff isn't far fetched. You keep dragging out an argument you didn't make to detract from the one you did without acknowledging that you were wrong. All the while you do nothing but try to discredit what I said instead because you are afraid to say you were wrong.

Edited by Scott7975

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored 3 on them in the first game. The Jets had all but given up by the end of the season. Unfortunately Whaley had our team give up. Even if he scored one TD he still would be tied for 16th which is half the QBs. This stuff isn't far fetched. You keep dragging out an argument you didn't make to detract from the one you did without acknowledging that you were wrong. All the while you do nothing but try to discredit what I said instead because you are afraid to say you were wrong.

You are quite silly if you believe such a thing. It's the internet, bud.

You are fighting tooth and nail over semantics. The fact is you got upset over me saying Tyrod doesn't score alot of points, and he really doesn't. Was my wording a bit exaggerated? Sure. The point in general is still valid, though.

You are quite silly if you believe such a thing. It's the internet, bud.

You are fighting tooth and nail over semantics. The fact is you got upset over me saying Tyrod doesn't score alot of points, and he really doesn't. Was my wording a bit exaggerated? Sure. The point in general is still valid, though.

Its not really semantics. He scored as well as roughly half the leagues QBs while being in a run first offense. You think that makes him one of the worst QBs in the league. When in reality he is a midrange QB.

wtf. did i just tune into the "Tyrod starting QB thread?"

'nother one going down the shitter....

From Dennison on O to poor defenses to who gets the blame for the Miami game.

Yup. The Tyrod malware program infected another thread.

LOL Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Its not really semantics. He scored as well as roughly half the leagues QBs while being in a run first offense. You think that makes him one of the worst QBs in the league. When in reality he is a midrange QB.

Ah, yes...now we throw in the caveat about the run first offense.

It's a passing league. If Tyrod was any good...we would have thrown more. Only the Bills had more rush TD's than pass.

His scoring may put him in the midrange of QB's, but I think he's one of the worst due to his inability to make reads, anticipate, or make difficult throws. He also has poor awareness and pocket presence. That's why I have him ranked in the 25-26 range.

What was that team's calling card? It sure wasn't the offense.

And we know McDermott wanted other OC's because it was reported that he was looking to add guys like McCoy as OC. Only after those guys took other jobs did Dennison come into the picture.

Ignoring facts will not work here. I certainly have plenty of evidence that Dennison was not his first choice.

Name them and show the evidence

How many guys were interviewed or rumored to be targets of McDermott before we even heard Dennison's name? Greg Olsen, Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, Ken Dorsey, Alex Van Pelt. That's five I came up with from facts that were reported.

All we can believe is what's reported and stated unless it comes straight from the source. Going off of that...what I stated sure makes a whole lotta sense.

And as far as folks trying to sell something...you are trying to sell doubt on something that has very little room to do so. You can keep the door cracked open because of a technicality if you like, but it's simply a desperation tactic to refute something you don't like...probably because you have a problem with me since you stooped to the level of insulting me.

And FTR...I didn't say McCoy was definitely his first choice. Only that Dennison wasn't, and there's a bunch of evidence supporting my conclusion. Also, to suggest that McDermott would've gotten McCoy if he wanted sounds like some real made up opinion based off exactly nothing. Maybe he told him Tyrod would be the QB next season. That would cause plenty of OC's to decline an offer to come to Buffalo.

One more thing...I will continue to post, and I hope it bothers you immensely every time since you decided to take things to that level.

So more than half put up more TD's?

You really got me there, lol.

Rumors are rumors and not evidrnce. You have nothing .

In a 32 team league Tyrod was 24th in passing TDs and 18th in total TDs for a QB.

Average? I dunno, I guess maybe.

So I guess the Bills defense, which was ranked 16th ppg is average and not the worst as people say?

I'm looking forward to Taylor getting a third season under his belt as our starter. It should hopefully serve as the "tie breaker" in deciding if we hang onto Taylor or not as our starter.

If he plays close to or worse than his 2016 performance then it's an easy move on. But if he plays close to or even better than his 2015 season then it is likely an easy decision to keep him. Hopefully his 2017 season isn't split down the middle between the two.

In a 32 team league Tyrod was 24th in passing TDs and 18th in total TDs for a QB.

So I guess the Bills defense, which was ranked 16th ppg is average and not the worst as people say?

Yes average or as I said midrange. Romans offenses have always had bottom ranked pass offenses from the time he became a coach. I don't think Tyrod is ever going to be that top 10 guy or even our long term franchise QB that we have craved since Jim Kelly. He is what we have for now though and IMO we could do a lot worse.

Yes the defense was also average. I am not one of those that said they were the worst. Just like I am not one of those that think Tyrod was the worst.

There are many ways to build a team. Having a top 10 QB is the best way, but just that doesn't even get you superbowls. If it did then Brees and Rodgers would have a lot more under their belt. When you don't have a QB like that then you need to build your team in others ways such as strong defenses and running games. That is how our team was built... to have a top running game and top defense. People point out the defense because of all the money spent there they were average and that shouldn't have been.

Edited by Scott7975

Yes average or as I said midrange. Romans offenses have always had bottom ranked pass offenses from the time he became a coach. I don't think Tyrod is ever going to be that top 10 guy or even our long term franchise QB that we have craved since Jim Kelly. He is what we have for now though and IMO we could do a lot worse.

Yes the defense was also average. I am not one of those that said they were the worst. Just like I am not one of those that think Tyrod was the worst.

There are many ways to build a team. Having a top 10 QB is the best way, but just that doesn't even get you superbowls. If it did then Brees and Rodgers would have a lot more under their belt. When you don't have a QB like that then you need to build your team in others ways such as strong defenses and running games. That is how our team was built... to have a top running game and top defense. People point out the defense because of all the money spent there they were average and that shouldn't have been.

I mostly agree, but you do need to have a passing game that is capable when it matters most...late in games, and when down in the second half of games.

We haven't had that, and it's fine if you wanna claim that it will change, but I remain skeptical. Based off of what I've seen from Taylor... I believe his limitations and struggles are his own and had less to do with the OC and his system, and more to do with the guy under center.

A more conclusive answer will surely be had in 2017.

They were both slightly below average. Everyone tries to over complicated it. We had a 7-9 offense and defense, who took turns in winning and losing games.

They were both slightly below average. Everyone tries to over complicated it. We had a 7-9 offense and defense, who took turns in winning and losing games.

You know...I would agree with that though I thought the D was a more consistant loser

Truth be told....the team didnt get it done

The only thing I go back to is team identity which I still believe was on the dont lose the game....play great defense philosophy

Now.....one could argue...and perhaps even legit that the bills need to CHANGE their team identity......but we have used a lot of resources on defense in recent years and it is not as simple as to say "ole identity not working....lets change it"

We didnt have the HORSES to change it.....what game changers were we going to use on offense to become a "offensive first" team? Our only true number 1 receiver....hurt.......Woods....groin.......our OL biult much more for run blocking then pass protection.

And then there is TT......who doesnt throw for a ton of yards or throwing TDs......doesnt turn the ball over (which is much more orientated to a play great D run the ball offense)

Who knows? Maybe they get into camp and dont like the team identity as it has been made in the past? It is afterall a new coaching staff?

We traded to have 2 first round picks in next years draft for a reason....you cant say for certainty that they are taking a qb but you can infer the hell out of it.

Tyrod has Zay, Sammy and Clay. If he can't effectively throw the ball this year, it's on him. Period. No more excuses. I can't even find a clip of Zay dropping a pass. He's got his weapons, time to make something happen or move on.

actually none of them are praticing

Yup. The Tyrod malware program infected another thread.

maybe a crowd fund for better protection is in order?

looking forward to TT in Dennison's Offense !!

I mostly agree, but you do need to have a passing game that is capable when it matters most...late in games, and when down in the second half of games.

We haven't had that, and it's fine if you wanna claim that it will change, but I remain skeptical. Based off of what I've seen from Taylor... I believe his limitations and struggles are his own and had less to do with the OC and his system, and more to do with the guy under center.

A more conclusive answer will surely be had in 2017.

Yes we do need a better passing game and I am skeptical as well. I know Tyrod is not great but at least I have seen flashes of really good. I'm HOPING he has a better year because it's the best the team can currently do. I fully expect them to package picks for a guy next year.

Ah, yes...now we throw in the caveat about the run first offense.

It's a passing league. If Tyrod was any good...we would have thrown more. Only the Bills had more rush TD's than pass.

His scoring may put him in the midrange of QB's, but I think he's one of the worst due to his inability to make reads, anticipate, or make difficult throws. He also has poor awareness and pocket presence. That's why I have him ranked in the 25-26 range.

It's a scoring league. The team that scores the most points wins.

When TT played, we scored a lot of points. He's not a great QB but he's far from the worst.

I've always said that TT's biggest weakness is that he only throws it when he knows the WR is open. So it seems to me you'd build an offense based on short throws with pick plays that more or less ensure that the guys will be uncovered. Then let them run after the catch!

I'm not sure you're going to be able to teach Taylor to throw into tight coverage or to throw the guy open.