Tyrod: Sammy has "matured"....has a "new mindset"

Zay will outplay, Watkins will look elsewhere for pay.

I think you may forget just how good he is when healthy; like 900 yds in the last 9 games of 2015! The guy is absolutely dynamic when healthy. He's taking it easy now so we hope it translates out to him being in top playing shape.. With that, the top caliber production is a done deal.

Edited by Deadstroke

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ex-BBMB'er.... Watch it yourself.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw85u5Q8NM0

Sammy had a pretty good outing that day, -And I'm no Sammy Loyalist... Start at about 2:17 of OT and go to about 2:26... Then preach your b#llsh*t about Sammy needing a new mindset...

After that go from about 2:28 of OT to right about 2:30.58 where Clay converts a nice 3rd and 8... If you watch the rest, Sammy has 3 defendders bearing down on him... Only a moron doesn't skip out of bounds at that point....

Oh look!.. -Another low, poorly thrown ball at around 2:32 from Tyrod... -Batted by Suh.... Guess that was Sammy's fault too... Lord, I wish BBMB would start back up...

I personally have no problem with Sammy not trying to hammer defenders to gain an extra yard.....was he going to score a touchdown on that play? We needed him for the NEXT play.

By the way....all qbs throw poorly thrown balls....which is exactly why wr's like Sammy are so needed. Playmakers make plays when the ball is anywhere near them.

That's exactly what happened!! Do you actually watch these games?? When the game matter the most, he quit. At 4:16 in OT he steps out of bounds to avoid a hit instead of fighting for every foot. I don't care how many yards he had, TT had lead the Bills offense to 581 yards until that point, it obviously wasn't enough to win. But the difference between TT and your precious Sammy, is that TT never quits!!! Sammy has all the talent in the world, but no heart.

You are simply wrong man. He had 3 defenders in front of him.

yowLUD5.pngS8sqrNx.pngD6PzGif.png

Ok ex-BBMB'er.... Watch it yourself.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw85u5Q8NM0

Sammy had a pretty good outing that day, -And I'm no Sammy Loyalist... Start at about 2:17 of OT and go to about 2:26... Then preach your b#llsh*t about Sammy needing a new mindset...

After that go from about 2:28 of OT to right about 2:30.58 where Clay converts a nice 3rd and 8... If you watch the rest, Sammy has 3 defendders bearing down on him... Only a moron doesn't skip out of bounds at that point....

Oh look!.. -Another low, poorly thrown ball at around 2:32 from Tyrod... -Batted by Suh.... Guess that was Sammy's fault too... Lord, I wish BBMB would start back up...

Thank you for the link, I was looking for it but did not expect to find a full game video. Does the NFL put all previous games on YouTube for free now or something? Or is that not even really the NFL posting those?

Edited by What a Tuel

Thank you for the link, I was looking for it but did not expect to find a full game video. Does the NFL put all previous games on YouTube for free now or something? Or is that not even really the NFL posting those?

IDIOTIC! -I guess they wanted Sammy dead out there, trying to take on 3 Linebackers :lol: !

He did the RIGHT, and I might add, PROFESSIONAL thing... Like I said, I question Sammy's foot, NOT his skill level... If the guy had a series of bad drops I'd say "Ok, time for Sammy to get his mind right"... But to be honest, I can't remember the last time Sammy dropped one... Get him healthy, -put him in a n offense that plays to his strengths, and then stand back.

Two things dumb assss!

Take a look at 4:16 left in overtime. Only a self serving primadonna steps out of bounds in that situation. No Patriot would step out of bounds under the same circumstances, or they would be looking for another job. The game often comes down to inches, he could have easily dove forward and gained a couple yards without getting hit hard. Other receivers do it all the time. Again, he did not have a first down, and it was overtime.

And another thing smart asss. Take a look how long i have been here, you stupid !@#$!!!I I have never been to BBMB

Who are you, Sammy's agent???

:lol: Stuck on stupid... Kicker misses an easy FG that would've sealed it, and this genius blames Sammy for not killing himself.... Proof that home-schooling isn't always a good Idea..

Edited by #34fan

Not only can you get yourself killed, maybe even worse is when they struggle against insurmountable odds for an extra 6 inches......and the ball comes out. Defenses love that stuff! I can't tell you how often I have yelled "GET DOWN!!!" When a guy keeps fighting. I'm all for the safe yards, but sometimes the situation needs to dictate actions.

Not only can you get yourself killed, maybe even worse is when they struggle against insurmountable odds for an extra 6 inches......and the ball comes out. Defenses love that stuff! I can't tell you how often I have yelled "GET DOWN!!!" When a guy keeps fighting. I'm all for the safe yards, but sometimes the situation needs to dictate actions.

Also, I'm sure Sammy was gauging the defenders speed to possibly step out of bounds JUST as he was being hit.... -That's a free 15 yards... Smart, professional, -case closed.

I think you may forget just how good he is when healthy; like 900 yds in the last 9 games of 2015! The guy is absolutely dynamic when healthy. He's taking it easy now so we hope it translates out to him being in top playing shape.. With that, the top caliber production is a done deal.

Sammy has hands for days, and runs a MEAN route... Can't imagine what a SURGEON like Rodgers would do with a healthy #14 plus Cobb, and Nelson... The thought alone is terrifying.

I personally have no problem with Sammy not trying to hammer defenders to gain an extra yard.....was he going to score a touchdown on that play? We needed him for the NEXT play.

By the way....all qbs throw poorly thrown balls....which is exactly why wr's like Sammy are so needed. Playmakers make plays when the ball is anywhere near them.

Sammy can flat out truck defenders. Just ask Ryan Shazier.

Sammy can flat out truck defenders. Just ask Ryan Shazier.

I agree, not that I think you disagree, but just in this scenario he has one guy lining him up practically ready to launch at him, another guy about to wrap him up, and a 3rd guy to do a punishing 3rd hit if he is still up - all that for minimal gain is silly.

I'm glad Tyrod thinks the kid is coming into his own as a professional. I hope Sammy and the Bills can hit the reset button and feel each other out this season. Both sides in this equation have a lot of trust to build, Sammy has to show he can stay on the field and dominate for an entire year and the Bills have to prove they are now being run in a professional/competent manner.

Thanks for proving my point. Again, this was overtime, in a must win game to have a chance to end the playoff drought, and your princess Sammy comes up small on a play that the team needed more from him. I pay to watch the NFL, not flag football. I expected him to lower his head and fight for the first down. Anything less, and I feel robed as a customer. This type of play is exactly why the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in the last 17 years. I hope Coach McD can change the "me first" mentality of some of the players. I hope Sammy is more mature and becomes a team player and has a pro bowl season. But as I sat there watching this game, and seen this lack of effort from probably the most talented player on the team, I knew the season was over. If one of your most talented players is not willing to sacrifice himself for the team, then how can you expect anyone else to. Some of you are allow your man crush on Sammy to cloud your judgment.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

Sammy just needs to play well. Naturally there are other factors such as QB play, but ultimately he needs to stay healthy. I'm not certain that maturity has much to do with being an elite receiver. Does anyone remember Randy Moss or Terrell Owens? You don't need the same kind of leadership you expect from a QB. Recievers can be immature idiots and still play dominant football.

Thanks for proving my point. Again, this was overtime, in a must win game to have a chance to end the playoff drought, and your princess Sammy comes up small on a play that the team needed more from him. I pay to watch the NFL, not flag football. I expected him to lower his head and fight for the first down. Anything less, and I feel robed as a customer. This type of play is exactly why the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in the last 17 years. I hope Coach McD can change the "me first" mentality of some of the players. I hope Sammy is more mature and becomes a team player and has a pro bowl season. But as I sat there watching this game, and seen this lack of effort from probably the most talented player on the team, I knew the season was over. If one of your most talented players is not willing to sacrifice himself for the team, then how can you expect anyone else to. Some of you are allow your man crush on Sammy to cloud your judgment.

:blink: You're argument is in ruins...

Watch at 2:18.39 as the TT QB-keeper goes nowhere.. at 2:19.21 Sammy scoops an uncatchable ball off the turf for a SOLID gain to the 17 yard line....At 2:21.42 there's a stupid end-around to bush taking us out of the RZ, setting up Carpenter to miss his 2nd field goal of the day... -ALL SAMMY'S FAULT!

You are a fountain of absurdities, my man. :lol:

:blink: You're argument is in ruins...

Watch at 2:18.39 as the TT QB-keeper goes nowhere.. at 2:19.21 Sammy scoops an uncatchable ball off the turf for a SOLID gain to the 17 yard line....At 2:21.42 there's a stupid end-around to bush taking us out of the RZ, setting up Carpenter to miss his 2nd field goal of the day... -ALL SAMMY'S FAULT!

You are a fountain of absurdities, my man. :lol:

What don't you get? I am talking about the Bills last possession of the game. At 4:16 in OT. Everything else you describe is exactly what he gets paid for. And I have complained plenty about Carpenter and his 4 of 9 from 40-49 yards. But this thread is about Sammy.

What don't you get? I am talking about the Bills last possession of the game. At 4:16 in OT. Everything else you describe is exactly what he gets paid for. And I have complained plenty about Carpenter and his 4 of 9 from 40-49 yards. But this thread is about Sammy.

OMG, you're still here?!!!

We hauled the bombed-out remains of your argument to the dumpster where it belonged in the first place.

At that point in the game, with that field position, down & distance, etc, no rational observer thinks it shows "maturity" for Sammy to risk injury, fumbling the ball, and possibly turning it over... I'll refer you back to rest of that possession.. Sammy's catch put us at 3rd & 3 at their 40! at 3rd and 3, WHY IS TT PASSING AT ALL???! -Shady's on the field!... If there's any immaturity there, it's in the playcalling...

I suggest you reign-in your Sammy-hatred long enough to see the multitude of other things that went wrong in that game... -Pick a different one, maybe?

OMG, you're still here?!!!

We hauled the bombed-out remains of your argument to the dumpster where it belonged in the first place.

At that point in the game, with that field position, down & distance, etc, no rational observer thinks it shows "maturity" for Sammy to risk injury, fumbling the ball, and possibly turning it over... I'll refer you back to rest of that possession.. Sammy's catch put us at 3rd & 3 at their 40! at 3rd and 3, WHY IS TT PASSING AT ALL???! -Shady's on the field!... If there's any immaturity there, it's in the playcalling...

I suggest you reign-in your Sammy-hatred long enough to see the multitude of other things that went wrong in that game... -Pick a different one, maybe?

This is the most absurd argument I have ever heard of. In a must win game to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot. With only 4 minutes left in OT, a tie does not help. And you are saying Sammy shows maturity for not trying to get extra yardage . This is classic man crush!!

I will agree with what you said about the play calling, but again, this is about Sammy. And I believe, if he gives it a full effort on that play, he gets and extra 2 yards making it 3rd and one. Changing the scenario enough that the Bills think about running it twice if needed for the first down. Again, a tie does not help and there was only 4 minutes left in the game.

For the record, I don't hate Sammy. I hate that play because of the lack of effort. And it couldn't have happened at a worse time in the season.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

Players attitudes always change in last year of contract unless they are being overpaid on a franchise tag like Byrd.

I agree,

In my opinion Sammy will be consintrating on staying healthy and catching anything that comes near him like always but will stop putting himself in harm's way to run block for our running QB. I see Sammy having a healthy year and that's all he needs to get his next big contract from the Bills or some other team.

This is the most absurd argument I have ever heard of. In a must win game to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot. With only 4 minutes left in OT, a tie does not help. And you are saying Sammy shows maturity for not trying to get extra yardage . This is classic man crush!!

I will agree with what you said about the play calling, but again, this is about Sammy. And I believe, if he gives it a full effort on that play, he gets and extra 2 yards making it 3rd and one. Changing the scenario enough that the Bills think about running it twice if needed for the first down. Again, a tie does not help and there was only 4 minutes left in the game.

For the record, I don't hate Sammy. I hate that play because of the lack of effort. And it couldn't have happened at the worst time in the season.

Yah... DOA. -Your argument, that is... :lol:

If Sammy were a big TE, or RB. -Perhaps... But expecting our main WR to take on 2LB's and a safety running with a full head of steam is just stupid on it's face... With Tyrod and Shady on the field, we should've had that 3rd and 3... End of story.

I just dont understand why anyone would even want that given his injury issues the last 2 years.

He does so much more for this team on the field then on the trainer's table

It blows my mind. Yeah, the number skill of an elite receiver is their ability to try and run over tacklers. Marvin Harrison literally dove to the ground after catches.

People are complaining that Sammy isn't trying to run over defenders? This board is getting dumber by the day.

It blows my mind. Yeah, the number skill of an elite receiver is their ability to try and run over tacklers. Marvin Harrison literally dove to the ground after catches.

Look, he would have gotten D E S T R O Y E D on that play.... Absolutely obliterated... No question he did the right thing... I'm hoping for an offense that gives him more opportunities.. -And not ones to kill himself.

Look, he would have gotten D E S T R O Y E D on that play.... Absolutely obliterated... No question he did the right thing... I'm hoping for an offense that gives him more opportunities.. -And not ones to kill himself.

But if he would have attempted to run them over and got a concussion, he would prove his toughness!!!

I think we are done here. You make things up as you go along to insult or belittle the team. I showed you pictures of 3 defenders ready to annihilate Watkins, and you take it as proof Watkins should've taken that punishment to get an unattainable 1st down, just to make you happy. Give me a break.

Sammy is 2 first round picks that because of injuries he has played like a 4th rounder. He has to stay healthy to improve. If we get half of what we should from his pick position I will be pleased

You must be seeing different fourth rounders than I am