DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/mueller-investigation-russia-trump-one-year-financial-ties/index.html?platform=hootsuite

CNN is out with a new report on the investigation.

It is not surprising that Paul Manafort is, if this report is to be believed, at the center of the suspicions: In the summer of 2016, US intelligence agencies noticed a spate of curious contacts between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian intelligence, according to current and former US officials briefed on the investigation. James Comey, in his Senate testimony, said the FBI opened an investigation into Trump campaign-Russia connections in July 2016. The strands of the two investigations began to merge.

In the months that followed, investigators turned up intercepted communications appearing to show efforts by Russian operatives to coordinate with Trump associates on damaging Hillary Clinton’s election prospects, officials said. CNN has learned those communications included references to campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

What is also not surprising is where this thing is probably ultimately headed, which is not toward blowing the lid off a conspiracy to steal the election, but toward tracking down potential financial wrong-doing only loosely related to the original subject matter of the investigation.

Edited by B-Man

They love Show Trials in the Democratic Party. Stalin gave them a lot for their grandfather's generation, about half had the basic common decency to renounce the Show Trials back then.

This is getting really boring, good thing NCAAF kicks off on August 31st!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/mueller-investigation-russia-trump-one-year-financial-ties/index.html?platform=hootsuite

What is also not surprising is where this thing is probably ultimately headed, which is not toward blowing the lid off a conspiracy to steal the election, but toward tracking down potential financial wrong-doing only loosely related to the original subject matter of the investigation.

Not surprising in the least, especially in light of the historic precedence for special prosecutors and their investigations.

Can't agree that investigating potential money-laundering through Russian entities and vice-versa is necessarily "loosely" related at this point though, depending on what they discover. Remains to be seen how casually related they are.

Krauthammer: If Mueller turns this probe into a fishing expedition, we could be looking at a constitutional crisis

FTA: If, on the other hand, Mueller starts to veer off into unconnected matters — Trump family finances, for instance, as yesterday’s reports suggested — then the issue will be more closely run. Democratic support for Mueller will still be unanimous but I think rank-and-file Republicans will unite more strongly behind Trump. The “witch hunt” charge will get more traction; independents will be more conflicted too. Congressional Republicans will be jammed up, on the one hand not wanting to go to bat for the president in case Mueller really has found evidence of crimes unrelated to Russia but on the other hand not wanting to support a runaway grand jury led by a prosecutor who appears to have exceeded the bounds of his charge.

Krauthammer: If Mueller turns this probe into a fishing expedition, we could be looking at a constitutional crisis

FTA: If, on the other hand, Mueller starts to veer off into unconnected matters — Trump family finances, for instance, as yesterday’s reports suggested — then the issue will be more closely run. Democratic support for Mueller will still be unanimous but I think rank-and-file Republicans will unite more strongly behind Trump. The “witch hunt” charge will get more traction; independents will be more conflicted too. Congressional Republicans will be jammed up, on the one hand not wanting to go to bat for the president in case Mueller really has found evidence of crimes unrelated to Russia but on the other hand not wanting to support a runaway grand jury led by a prosecutor who appears to have exceeded the bounds of his charge.

Unconnected my ass. His dirty dealing money laundering for the Ruskies is why he so reluctant to be anything but complimentary to Putin. Try again sour Kraut.

Unconnected my ass. His dirty dealing money laundering for the Ruskies is why he so reluctant to be anything but complimentary to Putin. Try again sour Kraut.

So Trump did launder money for the Russians? I didn't know that this was verified.

Can someone shoot me a link of this, I must have missed it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/us/politics/robert-mueller-michael-flynn-turkey.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

In interviews with potential witnesses in recent weeks, prosecutors and F.B.I. agents have spent hours poring over the details of Mr. Flynns business dealings with a Turkish-American businessman who worked last year with Mr. Flynn and his consulting business, the Flynn Intel Group.

The company was paid $530,000 to run a campaign to discredit an opponent of the Turkish government who has been accused of orchestrating last years failed coup in the country.

Investigators want to know if the Turkish government was behind those payments and if the Flynn Intel Group made kickbacks to the businessman, Ekim Alptekin, for helping conceal the source of the money.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/us/politics/robert-mueller-michael-flynn-turkey.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

In interviews with potential witnesses in recent weeks, prosecutors and F.B.I. agents have spent hours poring over the details of Mr. Flynns business dealings with a Turkish-American businessman who worked last year with Mr. Flynn and his consulting business, the Flynn Intel Group.

The company was paid $530,000 to run a campaign to discredit an opponent of the Turkish government who has been accused of orchestrating last years failed coup in the country.

Investigators want to know if the Turkish government was behind those payments and if the Flynn Intel Group made kickbacks to the businessman, Ekim Alptekin, for helping conceal the source of the money.

No Russia? Hm.

Is there a difference between an investigation taking someone down for lying about sexual relations or finding financial wrongdoings? It doesn't matter what the investigation started as, does it? Presidents should have clean pasts and engage in appropriate behavior, period.

Is there a difference between an investigation taking someone down for lying about sexual relations or finding financial wrongdoings? It doesn't matter what the investigation started as, does it? Presidents should have clean pasts and engage in appropriate behavior, period.

Let me guess, you voted for HRC. :death:

Of course not. She would have started world war 3 by now and would have tons of innocent people who crossed her murdered. She is the corrupt version of the anti-christ and makes Trump look like an honest choirboy. Right Greg?

At least answer my questions before you deflect to someone who LOST THE ELECTION AND ISN'T THE !@#$ING PRESIDENT!

The only political figure I would expect to have a clean record is the Pope.

If DT personally asked the Russians to hack HC email and there were witnesses and video.....would that be enough for you?

Why aren't the emails public record in the first place? What happened to transparency!