Bills Hire Malik Boyd as Director of Pro Personnel

Everyone of the scouting/personnel staff had other jobs. Pegula investments and Beane's recruiting power...a great combination so far...

I think we're seeing the benefits of the Pegulas. In every interview with Beane he brings up the Pegula's passion for Buffalo and also the resources they provide. He said the facilities are already top notch and after talking with Sean, they've already invested and provided McDermott with whatever he's needed.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So at this point the hierarchy is...

Beane/McD

Schoen

Gaine

Boyd

I wonder where Allen would fall in relation to Boyd? It's interesting that Beane has been so transparent about the pecking order.

Beane/McD

Schoen

Gaine

Boyd

I wonder where Allen would fall in relation to Boyd? It's interesting that Beane has been so transparent about the pecking order.

Considering no one knew what the front office members did before I find it refreshing.

Beane/McD

Schoen

Gaine

Boyd

I believe Allen would be the director of college scouting.

Beane/McD

Schoen

Gaine

Boyd

Allen is on the college side and Boyd on the pro side - both would be overseen by Gaine. Just My understanding from following it.

@SalSports

The Bills are hiring young people who aspire to be GMs themselves one day. Giving them opportunities to prove it. This is a clear plan.

No more old timers looking for a little bump in pay before they call it quits. These guys are hungry and appear to be trying to make it where Beane is. Only way to do that is to succeed.

I really like what they are doing here. A complete remodeling of the front office is what people have been calling for and what we are getting without a doubt. None of us know how they will ultimately perform but they seem to be building a highly skilled FO of younger blood. I like it all so far, including McD. Time will tell of course. I expect Overdorf will not be around too long, and that Pegs is allowing him a more graceful exit given his longevity and unique position over the years with the Wilson's. That said I expect Beane will take the lead on that front ultimately.

....so the urinalists should be along shortly with their mea culpas about the clueless Pegulas and "Dysfunction Junction"....although FO/Administration/Coaches have yet to oversee a game, this gang of young guns is shaping up to best THE best since Polian era IMO...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....so the urinalists should be along shortly with their mea culpas about the clueless Pegulas and "Dysfunction Junction"....although FO/Administration/Coaches have yet to oversee a game, this gang of young guns is shaping up to best THE best since Polian era IMO...........

Can we call them regulators?

I think we're seeing the benefits of the Pegulas. In every interview with Beane he brings up the Pegula's passion for Buffalo and also the resources they provide. He said the facilities are already top notch and after talking with Sean, they've already invested and provided McDermott with whatever he's needed.

I have a feeling they are throwing crazy $$ at these guys (relative to their titles) which is a big factor in teams letting them leave. Opportunity sure, but you'd be a real dic* to stop someone from leaving both for a career opportunity AND much bigger bucks

Did Buffalo just win the "Off Season" again.

Yes! they are officially back to back champions!!!

God, I never thought winning would feel this good!

The rest of the league must be working feverishly, trying to crack the code of our offseason success!

....got it...."Jerry Sullivan Buffalo News Sports Regulator".....sounds official, doesn't it?.........

not when you use sully as the writer.

I have a feeling they are throwing crazy $$ at these guys (relative to their titles) which is a big factor in teams letting them leave. Opportunity sure, but you'd be a real dic* to stop someone from leaving both for a career opportunity AND much bigger bucks

Pegulas might have to dig another well. Edited by The Wiz

Gotta love everything they've done so far this offseason. Losing Gillislee is a bit puzzling but everything else they've done looks good on paper. Hopefully we can see some results.