Balance of OTA's and Mini Camp

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@diannaESPN

Every OTA I attend I think of @BillPolianESPN saying "none of this is real, it's just about install. That's it! Can't judge anything!"

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "THIS IS A TOTAL TEAM EFFORT" (18:59)

HC Sean McDermott talks to the media about recent roster transactions, injury updates, Marcell Dareus, Ron Darby and more.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Wood: "It's Coming Along" (1:02)
Bills C Eric Wood talks to the media following the team's practice during week 2 of OTA's. Wood discusses his health and progress since coming back from injury.

Alexander: "There's been Great Buy-In" (1:44)
Bills LB Lorenzo Alexander talks to the media following the team's practice during week 2 of OTA's. Alexander discusses how the rookie linebackers have adjusted to the NFL and the adjustments being made to the new system.

Watch: Hodges Signs, C. Jones Impresses (2:18)
Chris Brown wraps up week 2 of OTA's from One Bills Drive, a week that featured the addition of LB Gerald Hodges to the roster, both sides of the ball looking sharp and more.

Bills OTA notes - Week 2

cardale-5-25-story.jpg

The Bills are now more than halfway through their OTA practice sessions with week two now complete. Here are some of the noteworthy events that took place on the field.

Joe B: 7 observations from Bills OTAs (5/25/17):

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-otas-week-2-52517

I found this one interesting:

4) Dawkins hanging at only left tackle for now

- The last two times we've seen the Bills at practice, rookie Dion Dawkins has lined up at left tackle in place of the still rehabbing Cordy Glenn. With Glenn still unable to take part in team drills Thursday, that trend continued once again... but to this point in time, we haven't seen him take a single rep at right tackle -- which was the position he was drafted to compete for. Head coach Sean McDermott didn't give much of an indication as to when, or if, Dawkins would be sliding over to the right side for some work, only saying that he likes that the rookie has the versatility to play both sides. In the meantime, Jordan Mills continued to take all of the first-team reps at right tackle with Dawkins on the left side. While Dawkins is losing out on some reps on that side, he is going against Jerry Hughes every single practice for multiple plays, and Hughes is one of the best practice players I've seen since starting to cover the team in 2009. Dawkins is learning pretty quickly about the speed of the game, which will help when he makes the likely eventual move over to the right side for the competition -- once Glenn is healthy.

Not sure how I feel about this. Don't think Dawkins has ever played RT, so I'd think the more practice he gets at that position, the better. But, I'd have to assume our coaches know more about this stuff than I do.

WATCH: OL AND DL SIGHTS AND SOUNDS FROM OTA WEEK 2 (1:03)

Watch the best sights and sounds from the Offensive and Defensive line groups during the second week of OTA's.

DARBY: "I COME READY TO WORK" (2:50)

Bills CB Ronald Darby talks to the media following the team's practice during week 2 of OTA's. Darby discusses his role in the secondary and what the group has been working on over the last couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

@ChrisBrownBills

Reggie Ragland and Zay Jones will participate fully at practice today. Sammy Watkins will be limited participant. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

I do not see #Bills RB Jonathan Williams on the field today. Joe Banyard and Cedric O'Neal taking the second and third reps after McCoy

@buffalobills

Now returning to practice: @sammywatkins and @zayjones11! 1f44c.png#GoBills

DBzwMIlV0AA6-Ww.jpg
DBzwMIjUIAAkY20.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills are employing the use of a drone camera at today's practice

DBzyKXxVoAEOv5i.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Reggie Ragland and Zay Jones will participate fully at practice today. Sammy Watkins will be limited participant. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

I do not see #Bills RB Jonathan Williams on the field today. Joe Banyard and Cedric O'Neal taking the second and third reps after McCoy

@buffalobills

Now returning to practice: @sammywatkins and @zayjones11! 1f44c.png#GoBills

DBzwMIlV0AA6-Ww.jpg
DBzwMIjUIAAkY20.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills are employing the use of a drone camera at today's practice

DBzyKXxVoAEOv5i.jpg

Are we sure that's a bills drone and not a NE one with a bills sticker on it or something? lol

@JoeBuscaglia

The QBs struggle and one rookie draft pick had a standout day. That and more in 7 #Bills observations from OTAs: https://t.co/aiZ5A8lD6F

Injury report:

Henderson - Cyst on sensitive area of the backside :huh:

Where's Rusty Jones when you need him

Funny how reports of the same practice can be so different. Brown talks about what a standout Powell was, and JoeB doesn't even mention him. Also from Brown's write-up you would think Jones had a decent day (threw a laser, dropped a ball over linebacker) and JoeB basically said he was putrid

Something I just realized watching that...just seeing Sammy's practice speed is invigorating to the fan in me. If he truly does return 100%, he brings something to the offense that nobody else in the AFC East has.

Also, Zay seems to have that natural plucks-the-ball instinct, which is nice to see.

Something I just realized watching that...just seeing Sammy's practice speed is invigorating to the fan in me. If he truly does return 100%, he brings something to the offense that nobody else in the AFC East has.

Also, Zay seems to have that natural plucks-the-ball instinct, which is nice to see.

Belichick and Brady will be keeping a close eye on him in the event he actually gets to UFA in '18 since OBD is their unofficial farm team. :rolleyes:

@MatthewFairburn

Backup QBs struggle, some key players return and other things we learned at Buffalo Bills OTAs: http://trib.al/hnTIqhN

he'll never live that down, well he wouldn't if he were a Bill

Belichick and Brady will be keeping a close eye on him in the event he actually gets to UFA in '18 since OBD is their unofficial farm team. :rolleyes:

@MatthewFairburn

Backup QBs struggle, some key players return and other things we learned at Buffalo Bills OTAs: http://trib.al/hnTIqhN

FWIW they just extended Edelman two more years.

After we all hope that TB should be retired.