Brandon Beane's Introductory Presser at 10:30 AM ET

Ok, but he's not the only WR coming along.

Why over pay for average when you got draft picks and need cap room.

Let the season play out,if he stays healthy and contributes get a deal done.

Right here on the board;)

Couldn't do any worse than the pro's did for the last 2 decades;)

Astro has my vote for head scout. Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mistake #1

Pegula should have addressed who has final say in his opening remarks

What part of collaborative don't you understand? This isn't the old NFL.

He gave a good answer about Overdorf. Non committal.

Overall Beane sounds good up there. Professional. Pretty much the opposite of Whaley.

Can't wait to start winning with real professionals instead of the previous regime.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

So, I just picked a random Beane thread to throw this out in: How much does a GM make? You hear about players and HC's, but what's the range for a GM? (Looking for something a little more accurate than "A LOT!")

So, I just picked a random Beane thread to throw this out in: How much does a GM make? You hear about players and HC's, but what's the range for a GM? (Looking for something a little more accurate than "A LOT!")

1.5 to 2

Some are 3+ like Elway

Edited by YoloinOhio

1.5 to 2

Some are 3+ like Elway

Thanks. That's enough to get by on. :)

For a guy like Elway, it's like having a 25% Off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. Nice, but pocket change.

Normally when one hires a GM there are strengths or positives. I watched several Beane interviews and he gave very generic answers to everything.

Other than his prior relationship to the head coach, what do people see as the things Beane brings to the table?

He gave a good answer about Overdorf. Non committal.

Overall Beane sounds good up there. Professional. Pretty much the opposite of Whaley.

Yeah Beane doesn't sound like Mr. Bumbles. Listening to Whaley talk was embarrassing at times.

I think he is motivated, humbled, and a hard worker as well. I think he's a billiever and Buffalo fans will love this guy within the next 3 years. He thanked the Panthers for making "him the man he is today" and he made the first note of his speech. He went from that to Buffalo b/c he believes he will, "build a winner to what this team had back int he 90s". I'm impressed by this guy. Even though he is young and sorta questioned by fans, just give it time..

"We talked about resources,we talked about stability, they checked every box. I had questions going in. You have to, when you're leaving an organization like Carolina, been there 19 years, something has to blow you away to leave. and this was a different interview. Terry and Kim, we are going to have every resource we need to turn this thing around and build a contender here. The goal is to sustain success".... Let's hope!

Edited by gr8billsfan