with a new GM I'm at peace with waiting on a franchise QB

as much as I liked this QB class and felt this was our best chance in years to get a good QB, it wouldn't have made sense to have a GM on his way out choose a franchise QB for a coach he couldn't work with. Organizational symmetry matters.

I just hope we don't get mired in a spot where we win between 7 and 10 games and are on the outside looking in at the best QB prospects. Hopefully that Chiefs pick will buy us some upward movement

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clear with picking up an extra first and the way Tyrod contract is structured McDermott and Bean are all in on a first round franchise Qb next year.

McDermott knows you need one to be successful. Cam was a huge part of the Panthers success and i expect a similar team construction with the Bills

In my opinion next year's draft will dictate this staffs fate. If they stay the Chan route of another teams backup as this teams savior I will expect a new staff and GM in 2019 but if a QB is taken in rd1 in 2018 I will expect brighter days at OBD and this staff sticking around past 3 seasons.

as much as I liked this QB class and felt this was our best chance in years to get a good QB, it wouldn't have made sense to have a GM on his way out choose a franchise QB for a coach he couldn't work with. Organizational symmetry matters.

I just hope we don't get mired in a spot where we win between 7 and 10 games and are on the outside looking in at the best QB prospects. Hopefully that Chiefs pick will buy us some upward movement

You don't have to, his name is Peterman

You don't have to, his name is Peterman

Honest question have you ever seen him play? If the answer is yes, have you seen him play a game other than last year's Clemson game? I'm not as down on him as Blokes but he's a #2 IMO. His arm strength scares me in Buffalo.

In my opinion next year's draft will dictate this staffs fate. If they stay the Chan route of another teams backup as this teams savior I will expect a new staff and GM in 2019 but if a QB is taken in rd1 in 2018 I will expect brighter days at OBD and this staff sticking around past 3 seasons.

in other words, if the bills do what you want, everything will be ok, and if they don't, they'll be fired in 2 years?

where have I heard this before?

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.

In just going by what once hear and read but isn't next year's class suppose to be better assuming they declare for the draft?

I think there are like 2 or 3 players that will be finishing their 3rd year.

Ten wins, playoffs, Taylor in the top 12 passing, I'm thinking long and hard before I go after a QB at the top of the draft.

It's like drawing to an inside straight.

I'd still expect a QB in the first, but maybe not a move up unless they are truly sold on someone specific.

But we just drafted Peterman.....

If both QBs show well dont you think that is too many rooswters in the hen house?

BUT......if they DID use a 1st on one I would not be against it and maybe even for it

Edited by John from Hemet

I hope everyone realizes that no one will know who that franchise QB is until a few years after he is acquired. In fact I predict people will still be clamoring for a franchise QB even after we draft one. I don't expect an Andrew Luck to be waiting for us.

What if we pick the latest JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf?

But we just drafted Peterman.....

If both QBs show well dont you think that is too many rooswters in the hen house?

BUT......if they DID use a 1st on one I would not be against it and maybe even for it

1. Peterman was a 5th round pick

2. Many QBs show well in preseason

3. Cardale was a 4th round pick and isn't being mentioned

4. You can NEVER have too many good QBs, especially on rookie deals.

4. You can NEVER have too many good QBs, especially on rookie deals.

Yes you can. If you trade your two first round picks next year and your first for the following year to move up for a QB next tear, and if he's not your starter, you lost the opportunity to get stronger at THREE positions on your team. If that happens, you have too many QBs.

It's why the evaluation of Taylor THIS YEAR is so important. The Bills have postponed the long-term decision on Taylor for two years; they can't postpone it any longer. After the 2017 season they have to decide if they're betting on him for the future, or on someone else.

The happy situation for the Bills would be for Taylor or Peterman to really star this season. That would make all the decisions easy.

Yes you can. If you trade your two first round picks next year and your first for the following year to move up for a QB next tear, and if he's not your starter, you lost the opportunity to get stronger at THREE positions on your team. If that happens, you have too many QBs.

It's why the evaluation of Taylor THIS YEAR is so important. The Bills have postponed the long-term decision on Taylor for two years; they can't postpone it any longer. After the 2017 season they have to decide if they're betting on him for the future, or on someone else.

The happy situation for the Bills would be for Taylor or Peterman to really star this season. That would make all the decisions easy.

If Tyrod tears it up and the team still makes that move they get to evaluate the situation through camp and then they can trade one to recoup some of the losses a-la the Eagles with Wentz & Bradford.