What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Andy Reid > Greg Cossell.

And Cossell was the one who all the anti-Mahomes people copied, even if they didn't know it. Dinosaur era scouting. No thanks.

I don't know why you keep relying on Andy Reid to bolster your argument. All you really need to say is that Billsareback agrees with you. It's self-evident that he's an unimpeachable authority on this subject. Edited by mannc

I don't know why you keep relying on Andy Reid to bolster your argument. All you really need to say is that Billsareback agrees with you. It's self-evident that he's an unimpeachable authority on this subject.

No, I think your mock draft is a better authority.

Jeff let's face it. These guys don't get it and never will. if you continue to not draft a QB in the first three rounds of the NFL draft and keep drafting corner backs you get the same thing over and over no playoffs.

To be fair, the Bills have also wasted countless first round picks on running backs, not just the secondary. :)

I had Peterman as my #2 QB behind Trubisky. He has a very good chance at having a longer career than Mahomes. Mahomes probably has a higher ceiling, he's just very very unlikely to ever reach it.

He has a lot of work to do and is a major project.

Glad the Chiefs drafted him and not Buffalo.

I think the Bills did contemplate taking Mahomes at 10, but wanted someone who was a better fit for their offense. I remember an insider on this board (Leroi?) said that Bills scouts and coaches felt Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming, was a perfect fit for Dennison's offense. I believe Peterman was taken to be the backup to Josh Allen, and that they would go "all out" in order to get Allen next draft.

jeffismagic....by the way, I tried finding that SI article where it mentions teams wanting to trade up for Mahomes, but couldn't find it. Can you provide the link? I'm interested in reading it.

For the record I never used the word B word or threaten anything until teef called me his little B word. It's Teef that got this elevated. All I said is if he said that to my face in public he might be missing a few teeth. So get your facts straight. I'm just defending my self. Are the Bills winners in the last 17 years no there not, if you support something like they have been doing then your agreeing with it. So I'm calling it like I see it.

you realize people will read this and realize that this isn't the case at all. you were calling posters who didn't agree with drafting mahomes, "loser fans". we had a short back and forth, and i thought this was over, but this post is just dishonest. i honestly feel bad i was ever a part of this nonsense.

also, for the record, i never call you my, "little B word".

Edited by teef

you realize people will read this and realize that this isn't the case at all. you were calling posters who didn't agree with drafting mahomes, "loser fans". we had a short back and forth, and i thought this was over, but this post is just dishonest. i honestly feel bad i was ever a part of this nonsense.

also, for the record, i never call you my, "little B word".

Good thing you can fix teeth right? I mean you might be missing some soon.

Would you have the courage to wait about a week before fixing it? Try the hillbilly look for a bit?

Good thing you can fix teeth right? I mean you might be missing some soon.

Would you have the courage to wait about a week before fixing it? Try the hillbilly look for a bit?

oh no. i'm getting some temporaries back same day from the lab, with the thought of implants long term.

ya know...i don't think billsareback would have been so joking about it if he knew the potential cost involved.

The sense I got from piecing together the bits of evidence from stuff that is out there is that Kansas City had always targeted the Bills at #10 as their trade partner. They were active in calling teams ahead for fear that there might be a "jumper" (and my understanding is the Giants were the team they were most concerned about) who would spring ahead of them into the top 10. I think a lot of those calls were more "if other teams call you don't do a deal with them before speaking to us."

John Dorsey actually said in his press conference that he didn't think they needed to move any higher than #10 to get Mahomes.

From what I read the team they were most concerned about was New Orleans at 11.

John Dorsey actually said in his press conference that he didn't think they needed to move any higher than #10 to get Mahomes.

From what I read the team they were most concerned about was New Orleans at 11.

You'd think that a slamdunk future Hall of Famer like that would necessitate getting ahead of, oh, the six other teams who desperately needed a quarterback and picked prior to spot number 10.

I think the Bills did contemplate taking Mahomes at 10, but wanted someone who was a better fit for their offense. I remember an insider on this board (Leroi?) said that Bills scouts and coaches felt Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming, was a perfect fit for Dennison's offense. I believe Peterman was taken to be the backup to Josh Allen, and that they would go "all out" in order to get Allen next draft.

jeffismagic....by the way, I tried finding that SI article where it mentions teams wanting to trade up for Mahomes, but couldn't find it. Can you provide the link? I'm interested in reading it.

Sure. This is a great piece and provides an inside look into the 49ers draft room this year.

At one point discussion turned to the rest of the first round. Peters heard reliably that Kansas City, picking 27th, was moving way up to Tennessee at five. Presumably for a quarterback. “I hear it’s for a one, two, four and next year’s one,” Shanahan said. “They offered that to Tennessee.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/01/san-francisco-49ers-nfl-draft-room-bears-trade-reuben-foster-peter-king

Just noticed this as well.

In the back were a collection of minority owners and a few fans who paid handsomely to the team’s foundation ($30,000 in one case) to silently observe the proceedings.

Imagine being able to watch the Bills draft inside their war room!

Edited by jeffismagic

Why are you in this thread? If you don't want to discuss Mahomes or the Bills decision makers that passed on him there are 39 other open threads.

You call this a discussion ? It's either your way or the h-way

Try reading the thread. People keep trying to discuss Baltimore's former backup QB and there are other threads for that.

So do you think Peterman is the next Brady?

that would be the present buffalo bills starting QB. you know, the team you do nothing but B word and complain about and really should not even be following since all you do is cry.

as for telling folks where they should post, piss off!!

that would be the present buffalo bills starting QB. you know, the team you do nothing but B word and complain about and really should not even be following since all you do is cry.

as for telling folks where they should post, piss off!!

....watch that BP bro...don't need to defib you from cardiac arrest........Magic Man ain't worth it......he would have been a perfect, obstinate fit on the BBMB side.....

Sure. This is a great piece and provides an inside look into the 49ers draft room this year.

At one point discussion turned to the rest of the first round. Peters heard reliably that Kansas City, picking 27th, was moving way up to Tennessee at five. Presumably for a quarterback. I hear its for a one, two, four and next years one, Shanahan said. They offered that to Tennessee.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/01/san-francisco-49ers-nfl-draft-room-bears-trade-reuben-foster-peter-king

Just noticed this as well.

In the back were a collection of minority owners and a few fans who paid handsomely to the teams foundation ($30,000 in one case) to silently observe the proceedings.

Just curious, but is there any evidence that any team other than Kansas City was looking to trade up to pick Mahomes?

Imagine being able to watch the Bills draft inside their war room!

I screwed that up.....

Just curious, but is there any evidence that any team other than Kansas City was looking to trade up to pick Mahomes?