Advice Needed, Seriously, Guys...

boyst

It is 9:00pm, past my general bed time and I am rather displeased because a lot if on my mind. I generally wake up in the morning to workout before work which means I am up at 4am. I stopped working out 6 months ago and cannot get back in to it and lost my 6pack and all. It's been tough. Anyway, so, I have been seeing a girl a while now. I will choose not to name her in case someone wants to play shenanigans. We are very similar, career driven and get along well. We have fun no matter what we do and while we are entirely different in culture we work. We met a month ago after your typical millennial dating methods - an app. It wasn't long until I brought her back to the farm to see how great it is, chicks always love to see the farm. She loves my chicks, too. Either way, we have plans for Saturday. She has never been to a NASCAR race and whilst I am not a NASCAR fan this small local track, Bowman Gray, is a cultural experience. Before we go I have agreed to make her dinner and I have no clue what to make. I am thinking something Greek because it seems like it'd be cool. Obviously, I want to use beef. I am generally a very good cook as when I want to I follow instructions very well.

So, my friends, I really need advice here. I am 35 and I am having a hard time here. I cannot lose weight like I used to. How much cardio should I do?

Edited by Boyst62

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I do. I'm probably the fittest guy I know. 31 years old, haven't been to the gym in a decade:

1. Breakfast of 3 coffees and 1.5 cigarettes at 5:15AM. Repeat as needed.

2. Skip lunch. Big waste of time, and you'd rather be working anyway. You know how the farm goes.

3. Huge dinner. Lots of organic vegetables, some whole grains, and fish. Farm eggs. Thick cut bacon and fried pastured chicken, coconut water. Just a caloric overload around 7:30. Bedtime before 10PM. Don't neglect the missus more than 3 nights out of the week.

Drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. Stay on your feet moving the whole time. Stay sharp. If you're burning more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight. Just don't let yourself get beyond critical deficit. You can survive on less than 1000 calories a day, provided you don't do it more than a few times a month. Don't snack. Ever. Discipline is key.

I'd recommend some factory raised beef for your diet. That organic crap is missing a lot of the chemicals and hormones your body needs now to keep up with society's standards of what is considered fit nowadays

I'd recommend some factory raised beef for your diet. That organic crap is missing a lot of the chemicals and hormones your body needs now to keep up with society's standards of what is considered fit nowadays

Yeah, "natural" may be disappointing. But if you're having "a hard time", may work for you. Track how many hours to be safe.

It is 9:00pm, past my general bed time and I am rather displeased because a lot if on my mind. I generally wake up in the morning to workout before work which means I am up at 4am. I stopped working out 6 months ago and cannot get back in to it and lost my 6pack and all. It's been tough. Anyway, so, I have been seeing a girl a while now. I will choose not to name her in case someone wants to play shenanigans. We are very similar, career driven and get along well. We have fun no matter what we do and while we are entirely different in culture we work. We met a month ago after your typical millennial dating methods - an app. It wasn't long until I brought her back to the farm to see how great it is, chicks always love to see the farm. She loves my chicks, too. Either way, we have plans for Saturday. She has never been to a NASCAR race and whilst I am not a NASCAR fan this small local track, Bowman Gray, is a cultural experience. Before we go I have agreed to make her dinner and I have no clue what to make. I am thinking something Greek because it seems like it'd be cool. Obviously, I want to use beef. I am generally a very good cook as when I want to I follow instructions very well.

So, my friends, I really need advice here. I am 35 and I am having a hard time here. I cannot lose weight like I used to. How much cardio should I do?

There's only one sure-fire fast way I know of to lose weight: cut off a leg.

As for the meal, there's only one sure-fire way to impress a woman, TBD-style: cook her this. And keep in mind the creator of this fine cuisine is now married.

Good luck.

You don't lose weight by working out. You lose weight by eating less.

Working out is critical for movement, strength, coordination, mental well-being...but getting from X pounds to Y pounds is mostly about taking in less calories. There are lots of strategies for that, most of the easiest ones are around slow carb dieting: eating meat and vegetables. Few grains and no sugars. That seems to work easier for most people because you feel fuller.

You don't lose weight by working out. You lose weight by eating less.

Working out is critical for movement, strength, coordination, mental well-being...but getting from X pounds to Y pounds is mostly about taking in less calories. There are lots of strategies for that, most of the easiest ones are around slow carb dieting: eating meat and vegetables. Few grains and no sugars. That seems to work easier for most people because you feel fuller.

By Saturday?

I'm thinking Miralax.

so arbys?

Maybe you can find a local track team to work out with.

you really need help, bud. So much hate in your soul. But that did make me laugh. That was funny Edited by Boyst62

Hang up a picture of me, if that doesn't motivate you to get back to the gym, then nothing will

There's only one sure-fire fast way I know of to lose weight: cut off a leg.

I've always wondered if they factored this into BMI calculation. If you lose one limb, you're still the same height, so you've cut down that BMI quite a bit. Now if you were to take off both legs, you're lighter, but you're now also much shorter. Now I don't know the weight of two human legs, but you may very well have increased your BMI. So it seems like if you need to cut back so much to the point that you may need to take two limbs, going with one arm and one leg would be a better option.

Best advice if your really interested in this lady, quit stressing. Don't try so hard to impress her.

this isn't about the ladies. I should have made it about a 3 button polo vs a 2. I think 3 button is coming back in style